• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy A20 CPU

Search This thread

Agrim720

Jul 28, 2018
Chandigarh

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_132213_120.jpg
    IMG_20191127_132213_120.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

YasirArafatShihab

Jan 9, 2019
Is it effective result or the stock rom performs better for this device..??
I saw the average score was (Antutu) 100,000 almost.
But after giving boost to 2.2Ghz &1.8Ghz the overall score dosen't get a lot much.. Is it because there is no perfect GSI or the kernel needs further development?!
I'm not sure about that but I think I will not stuck with this device for so long?

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Is it effective result or the stock rom performs better for this device..??
I saw the average score was (Antutu) 100,000 almost.
But after giving boost to 2.2Ghz &1.8Ghz the overall score dosen't get a lot much.. Is it because there is no perfect GSI or the kernel needs further development?!
I'm not sure about that but I think I will not stuck with this device for so long?

30%increase

Agrim720

Jul 28, 2018
Chandigarh

YasirArafatShihab

Jan 9, 2019
Thanks a lot for your work sir, But the GPU scoring isn't rising enough. Would you please work for increasing the frequency of the GPU also? It would be then also good for gaming performance.
Thank you again?

7wells

When using this kernel, knox flag is faked as 0x0, I understood. Right?

Does this mean that Samsung Pass and other safety-enforcing apps work?

Do OTA updates work with this kernel?

Could the A20 be unrooted despite running this custom kernel? (in order to keep OTA updates functioning?)

Thanks for your hints!

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
When using this kernel, knox flag is faked as 0x0, I understood. Right?

Does this mean that Samsung Pass and other safety-enforcing apps work?

Do OTA updates work with this kernel?

Could the A20 be unrooted despite running this custom kernel? (in order to keep OTA updates functioning?)

Thanks for your hints!

The custom kernel is not for the a20e

YasirArafatShihab

Jan 9, 2019
I thought to root my A205-F but the boosted CPU score was much improved in the given antutu bench pic.....But GPU score decreased a little bit....Can anybody please tell me what was the GPU max frequency after rooting and applying custom Kernel???
And will it perform as same as the mali G71 mp2 of the exynos 7885 (clocked:1100mHz)????
Thank you..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Agrim720 I flashed boot.img....no change, then flashed dt.img as well.......still no change.
    I am unable to compile a kernel for myself but if someone was to compile one with just the overclock to to M20 freqs and then to A30 freqs, I am sure there are many that would appreciate it. I see there are a few custom kernels for similar Exynos SoCs around that overclock, underclock, undervolt etc. and deal with some of the "security" rubbish too. It would be nice to have a simple custom kernel that isn't filled up with useless extra governors etc.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

@physwizz Recovery has one kernel and boot has another i.e. if you boot into recovery, the kernel that is included in TWRP is used, if you boot to system the kernel that is in boot.img is used. These kernels can be (and are) different as they are never both in use at the same time.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

[/COLOR @Agrim720 Can you tell me where the cpu freq settings are being determined if it is not in the boot.img or dt.img? I look at the Github link and can't quite interpret how that translates into a particular file.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

[/COLOR @Agrim720 Can you tell me where the cpu freq settings are being determined if it is not in the boot.img or dt.img? I look at the Github link and can't quite interpret how that translates into a particular file.
    I might have a chance today if I'm not called in to work

All work is done just need to compile :p
    @physwizz use diffrent compiler And as @TBM 13 reported the oc commit is also giving some error at compiler and he is irritated at compiling our source and gived up and dont ask for help to him tho cause he dont have time to do it maybe he is busy in another stuff. he didt has idea to work on universal7885 char stuff tho.. So need to get another dev support who has done the worked universal7885.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

he cant help us bcz he's done the exynos9610 stuff and exynos7885 is completly diffrent or as i can see a50 source didt have the oc commit tho (the most needed for us) and the another commits he do is also fetched and my source has hell alot of commit and features than a50 source.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

as i asked @prashantp01 for help and he is also busy at other stuff i will try ask @ananjaser1211 (he is a great dev tho) as i can see he done some work on universal7885 also. he helped me out in past for J7 pro stuff too.

How can i help ? link me to your source and ill see what i can do. and what is the device codename (A205 or A202)
    Anytime.. i will release custom kernel when the testing is done.
    Someone reported anutu score with 1st zimage .(1768 and 1482)
    So now try anutu with 2184 and 1586 freq and tell me how much is increased.

Zimage #2

Screenshot_20191128-060548.jpg