Samsung galaxy a20s wont boot

Search This thread

death1426

Jun 30, 2020
Moto G50
hi everyone hoping u can help have a Samsung galaxy a20s that wont boot i can access it by holding down volume - and power after a few minutes it will turn on but wont boot into recovery instead it boots normal and wont charge once turned on it completely shuts down again, also if plugged instead of charging it vibrates and looks like the display wants to turn on but instead it turns off and once again vibrates and display flashes what looks like to be the back-light sorry or not being specific can someone help

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Ok
hi everyone hoping u can help have a Samsung galaxy a20s that wont boot i can access it by holding down volume - and power after a few minutes it will turn on but wont boot into recovery instead it boots normal and wont charge once turned on it completely shuts down again, also if plugged instead of charging it vibrates and looks like the display wants to turn on but instead it turns off and once again vibrates and display flashes what looks like to be the back-light sorry or not being specific can someone help

Connect to computer and hold down both volume keys
If that brings you to the download mode you can reinstall all your firmware using odin

death1426

Jun 30, 2020
Moto G50
Ok

Connect to computer and hold down both volume keys
If that brings you to the download mode you can reinstall all your firmware using odin

i have the a207m and unfortunately it did not work thanks anyway
so i could actually see it turn on and got the unlock screen and saw that battery was dead and did not have a charging symbol it turned off 2 seconds later. can it be the baterry that causes this?

Last edited:

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
Samsung Galaxy A21s
It can be the battery but it could be a dirty charge port or even cable. When the battery is extremely low you're not going to be able to flash it, nor should you try. See if you can get anything out of the charger connect area on the phone.... maybe it's lint.. At this point there isn't much else besides ensuring you have a clean connection.

death1426

Jun 30, 2020
Moto G50
It can be the battery but it could be a dirty charge port or even cable. When the battery is extremely low you're not going to be able to flash it, nor should you try. See if you can get anything out of the charger connect area on the phone.... maybe it's lint.. At this point there isn't much else besides ensuring you have a clean connection.

i have actually checked it and it did seem dirty cleaned it and nothing changed however i did do the same as before and for some odd reason when i tried to power it on it booted for a split second turned back off and booted into recovery formatted the phone tried to see if any error popped up but nothing happend it formatted correctly and booted again like nothing yet it still didnt charge and i still have the same problem

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
i have actually checked it and it did seem dirty cleaned it and nothing changed however i did do the same as before and for some odd reason when i tried to power it on it booted for a split second turned back off and booted into recovery formatted the phone tried to see if any error popped up but nothing happend it formatted correctly and booted again like nothing yet it still didnt charge and i still have the same problem

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-a20/how-to/crash-recovery-t4068369