• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy A50 July Security Update

Search This thread

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Which version is this? I am excited
See my screenshot above

Super slow-mo video could be longer though, it's maybe 2 or 3 seconds now. But nevertheless I'd say it's a pretty cool update, Night mode is also quite a difference for low light photos. Lets hope they'll continue to work on the goodies and features :)

Last edited:

seth2012chaos

Feb 15, 2014
The last update I got for my A50 505F in Turkey was in July 6th and it was the "MAY UPDATE", some manufacturers consider Turkey in Europe and some in Middle East and Samsung seems to be the latter. And Middle East gets updates with a 2 months delay. How nice of Samsung...

Edit: I just checked on Samnsung Turkey's website and for technical help for the device (an FAQ of some sort) there's a topic that says "Galaxy A50 Ultra Ağır Çekim videosunu oynatırken ekran neden titriyor?" which means "Galaxy A50 why does the screen flicker while playing Super Slow Motion video?"... Really? They have an FAQ for a feature they didn't even supply yet?

I got this A50 after I broke my good old Note 5 after years as the flagships are overpriced these days and mid rangers are the value choices but to see Samsung doesn't seem to care as much for the mid range phpnes as the flagships is surely a bad thing for the long term.

Last edited:

seth2012chaos

Feb 15, 2014
The last update I got for my A50 505F in Turkey was in July 6th and it was the "MAY UPDATE", some manufacturers consider Turkey in Europe and some in Middle East and Samsung seems to be the latter. And Middle East gets updates with a 2 months delay. How nice of Samsung...

Edit: I just checked on Samnsung Turkey's website and for technical help for the device (an FAQ of some sort) there's a topic that says "Galaxy A50 Ultra Ağır Çekim videosunu oynatırken ekran neden titriyor?" which means "Galaxy A50 why does the screen flicker while playing Super Slow Motion video?"... Really? They have an FAQ for a feature they didn't even supply yet?

I got this A50 after I broke my good old Note 5 after years as the flagships are overpriced these days and mid rangers are the value choices but to see Samsung doesn't seem to care as much for the mid range phpnes as the flagships is surely a bad thing for the long term.

Got the July update today skipping the June update. Fingerprint sensor is not faster but seems to be more stable and doesn't randomly fail to find a match. For the camera part I can say that the super slow motion mode is nothing special actually regular slow motion mode seems to be better at least with artificial light. And the night mode did not match the expectations the hype created. I took few photos before and after the update in a room with nearly no light. I didn't expect a P30 Pro performance but post update photo was just slightly brighter not even one stop equivalent I believe and a little less noisy but nothing to be hyped for...

Koying

Jan 12, 2007
Brussels
WTH. I have the LUX one and still May update.

Besides the fact that the phone works like **** with 2 sims, I'd happily get a picture enhancement.
Was browsing through my photos, and A50 ones look crappy vs. my old Huawei.

First experience with Samsung, and very likely the last.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You got July update, and I don't even have June update, I'm still on May update... Though I'm having A505FN version.
    Yes, fingerprint unlock is actually usable now ?