Samsung Galaxy A50 MIPI Fail

Search This thread

analitic

Jul 9, 2019
Istanbul
Hello,

I have got a Galaxy A50 for about 2 months and couple of days ago, I started having some problems with mobile networks(this problem might be another topic's thread, the aim of this thread is different). While examining the problem, I came across *#0011# secret code and the menu related to it (I am a former Sony user, since Sony discontinued selling smartphone in Turkey I had to buy a Samsung, so I did not know about these secret code menus).

fg49340jc8bp.jpg

In the picture I added, you may see that, device reports a failure related to MIPI. I do not know much details about MIPI but from the picture I understand devices at the 0xDC and 0x11A addresses (or these might be some device IDs as well) report some failure. I checked at another Samsung device, MIPI test successful is reported on that device.

Is there anyone who knows some details about MIPI interface of Samsung, how can I diagnose it, how can I understadn which MIPI devices fails, is this a meaningful fail?

I am a software developer who has electronics and communications engineering bacground so if there is something I can do without corrupting warranty, my intention is not to go to a service center since I do not trust I will get a good service.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
Hello,

I have got a Galaxy A50 for about 2 months and couple of days ago, I started having some problems with mobile networks(this problem might be another topic's thread, the aim of this thread is different). While examining the problem, I came across *#0011# secret code and the menu related to it (I am a former Sony user, since Sony discontinued selling smartphone in Turkey I had to buy a Samsung, so I did not know about these secret code menus).

fg49340jc8bp.jpg

In the picture I added, you may see that, device reports a failure related to MIPI. I do not know much details about MIPI but from the picture I understand devices at the 0xDC and 0x11A addresses (or these might be some device IDs as well) report some failure. I checked at another Samsung device, MIPI test successful is reported on that device.

Is there anyone who knows some details about MIPI interface of Samsung, how can I diagnose it, how can I understadn which MIPI devices fails, is this a meaningful fail?

I am a software developer who has electronics and communications engineering bacground so if there is something I can do without corrupting warranty, my intention is not to go to a service center since I do not trust I will get a good service.

Thanks in advance.

There were quite a few posts about MIPI fail concerning the S7, so you can check for that. The identifiers used to be labelled as the MID and PID, so it might be that instead of being addresses. The common solutions stated doing a NV Rebuild and/or replacing the FEMid component. Not sure how you can do it for the A50 though.

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Then take the phone back for a warranty claim, because you won't be able to do anything with it.

nick_fc

Jan 4, 2013
Hello,

fg49340jc8bp.jpg

Thanks in advance.
resolved same problems in A305:
mipi fail 0xdc 0x11a (2 strings) - resolder or replace SKY77656-11 (u1005 in A305)
mipi fail 0x3b 0x134 (5 strings) - resolder or replace SKY13745-21 (u2000 in A305)

BTW disconnection of subboard in A305 also gives mipi fail 0x3b 0x134 (10 strings)