Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) - Storage still encrypted on next reboot after wiping internal storage

Search This thread

Zanci19

Jul 3, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
I flashed TWRP recovery on my Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018). I wiped internal storage, and it worked fine; the storage was decrypted. Later on, I flashed Magisk 21.4 (I can't flash newer versions, or else the phone bootloops) and rebooted into system. Everything went perfectly while setting up the phone. But when I proceeded to go into recovery mode again, the storage was encrypted (0 MB). Which meant I would need to wipe my phone again. I tried a lot of stuff already, such as:
  • flashing DFE; now It's deprecated, so that didn't do anything
  • rebooting to recovery after wiping the storage
  • changing my custom recovery (I chose OrangeFox Custom Recovery, but it also didn't work)
Too bad there are NO official custom roms designed specifically for this model. None. Not even recoveries. Only GSI images. So I'm using an unofficial TWRP version 3.2.3-1.

TL;DR: Storage is still encrypted after wiping it on the next reboot.

Is it somehow possible to permanently decrypt the storage or is my phone a lost cause?

Futazaki

Jul 8, 2022
I followed this guide and haven't encountered any problems so far. I highly recommend to follow all steps (Step 1 - 27) to avoid any issues. I think the solution you need is to Format Data and then flashing Magisk + DFE, this got rid of Enforced Encryption for me. Hope this helps, have a nice day.

Reactions: Zanci19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I followed this guide and haven't encountered any problems so far. I highly recommend to follow all steps (Step 1 - 27) to avoid any issues. I think the solution you need is to Format Data and then flashing Magisk + DFE, this got rid of Enforced Encryption for me. Hope this helps, have a nice day.