Samsung Galaxy A71 Working MODs

Search This thread

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012
amazing thank you

i always thought [email protected] is a must, somehow this phone cant handle it......kinda surprised lol

id like to add that the camera pro mode is already there by default now, updated to latest firmware.

ShaDisNX255

Reactions: SkylinesHD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello, XDA Community!
      Welcome to my thread, where I'm testing out quite a few things for the Galaxy A71. My end goal is to make a ROM or IMG that can be flashed that contains all these MODs I'm testing, but right now I'm finding it a bit difficult to actually build a working IMG to flash.
      So, I guess I can use this thread as a log of things I'm testing out and for anyone who wants to try them out too, you are very welcome to use them. So, here are a few things that I've tested:

Code:
      Your warranty is now void. 
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about any of the modifications
      * in this thread! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Floating_Feature edits!
      These are features you can add in floating_features, which is located in system(root)/vendor/etc

Add full edge lighting features:
      Search for the following line in floating_features:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_CONFIG_EDGE>
      And remove the '-basic_lighting' line. It should look something like this
      Before:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_CONFIG_EDGE>people,task,circle,panel,-edgefeeds,edgelighting_v2,debug,cornerR:6.2,search,phonecolor,dot_bottom[COLOR="Red"],-basic_lighting[/COLOR]</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_CONFIG_EDGE>
      After:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_CONFIG_EDGE>people,task,circle,panel,-edgefeeds,edgelighting_v2,debug,cornerR:6.2,search,phonecolor,dot_bottom</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_CONFIG_EDGE>

Activate Dolby Atmos without earphones:
      This is taken from the tutorial here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77100856&postcount=404 but simplified for the A71
      Add the following line in floating_features:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_SUPPORT_DUAL_SPEAKER>TRUE</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_SUPPORT_DUAL_SPEAKER>

Search for the following line:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_CONFIG_SOUNDALIVE_VERSION>

It should say something like the following:
      Code:
      eq_custom,uhq_level,karaoke,adapt,dvfs_700000

Replace it with (these were taken from S9+):
      Code:
      eq_knob,eq_custom,uhq_switch,uhq_level,adapt,spk_stereo,dvfs_860000,tube,concert

Save, reboot and you should now be able to activate Dolby Atmos without earphones :)

Show music information (now playing) in AOD:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>

Delete "musicoff" from that line
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>aodversion=7,clearcoveroff[COLOR="Red"],musicoff[/COLOR]</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>

Save and reboot. You will now see the song information in AOD when it's playing

Add AOD to lockscreen clock animation:
      Note: This only works on OneUI 2.5, does not work on OneUI 2.1 and below for A71.
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>
      Add clocktransition in this line, like this:
      Code:
      <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>aodversion=7,clearcoveroff[COLOR="Lime"],clocktransition[/COLOR]</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_AOD_ITEM>
      Save and reboot. Done, there will be an added animation from AOD to lockscreen clock.

Camera-feature edits!
      These are features you can add in camera-features, which is located in system(root)/system/cameradata

Add Pro Video:
      Tested in OneUI 2.1. Add the following line under the SHOOTING_MODE lines:
      Code:
      <local name="SHOOTING_MODE_PRO_VIDEO" back="PRO_VIDEO" enable="true" more="true" [COLOR="Yellow"]order="10"[/COLOR]/>
      Make sure your order=## doesn't affect the other existing lines. If your last mode said order="9", change pro_video to "10". If the last one said "11", change pro_video to "12" and so on and so forth
      Reboot and you should have pro video on your shooting options

Add 60fps video recorder (1080p):
      Tested in OneUI 2.1. Search for the following line:
      Code:
      <local name="BACK_CAMCORDER_RESOLUTION_FEATURE_MAP_1920X1080"
      Under it, add the following line:
      Code:
      <local name="BACK_CAMCORDER_RESOLUTION_FEATURE_MAP_1920X1080_60FPS" value="true" hdr="true" hdr10="false" preview-size="1920x1080" snapshot-support="true" snapshot-size="4624x2604" vdis="false" effect="false" object-tracking="false" seamless-zoom-support="false" external-storage-support="true"/>
      Reboot, go to video settings and you should now see the option to set resolution to FHD (60fps)
      Note: For 60fps to work, you have to disable video stabilization. If it is activated, your video will not record (it will just record a bunch of nonsense, like black and white screens).
      Edit: Updated line, it now disables video stabilization by default to avoid issues.

Enable second editing in Singe Take:
      Tested only in OneUI 2.5. Search the following line:
      Code:
      <local name="SINGLE_TAKE_USING_SINGLE_LENS_ONLY" value="true" />
      Under it, add the following line:
      Code:
      <local name="SUPPORT_SINGLE_TAKE_EXTENDED_CAPTURE" value="true" />
      Save, reboot and you should now be able to switch how many seconds you want single take to last. From 5 seconds all the way up to 15 seconds

If you guys have any edits I should add, let me know. Feel free to give suggestions or edits you've done yourself, even in build.prop ;)

Thanks!
      Could you please add the rest of the modifications of the ( NcX 2.5 A71 ROM) here, I want them without flashing the rom :) like selfie 60 fps.
      You should try this magisk module: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-a71-hidden-mods.4236169/

I think it adds everything I've added and more on stock ROM without the need to flashing my ROM.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone