Samsung Galaxy Core 2 (SM-G355H) Root

Search This thread

smbhayi

Nov 6, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X2
Are there any method to root this phone? I can't find a section for this phone in the forums.

This is the root solution from miniha. I've moved his method to the first post for convenience. Thank you miniha :)

Detailed steps:
1. Download the file attached in this post and copy it into your external SD card
2. Switch off your phone and boot into recovery by holding Volume Up + Power + Home buttons (Stock recovery is able to flash this file)
3. Navigate by pressing the Volume Up/Down button and choose "Apply update from external storage" by using the Power button.
4. Select the file UPDATE-Kinguser-3.4.0.zip
5. The phone will auto reboot and gives root access
Wow.. thanx.. its working.. now what next.. ie how i can move file/app to extsd card..?

via tapatalk

smbhayi

Nov 6, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X2
Fullroot is presented in this thread, and same the kitkat ro SD CARD issue. If u thinking of apps2sd use application manager to move it to extSdCard.

Visit mine thread [ROOT][NOT Kinguser][Fullroot][SuperSu] Galaxy Core 2
Well.. i already rooted my phone and installed files like supersu and titanium backup (dont know for what, im newbie in these things).. is trying full root cause me any problem...?
Btw thanx for reply..

And where i can find this option usb debugging..?

via tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418310631184.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418310631184.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

StratOS_HTC

Sep 25, 2007
Celje
Well.. i already rooted my phone and installed files like supersu and titanium backup (dont know for what, im newbie in these things).. is trying full root cause me any problem...?
Btw thanx for reply..

And where i can find this option usb debugging..?

via tapatalk

First u need to enable development options :
/Settings/About device click 7 times on Build no, whetre it's written something like KOT49H.G355 ...
After that the development options in settings is visible and enabled, tap on it and enable USB debugging.

shoeb786

Sep 5, 2013
Bhopal
Hi @StratOS_HTC, firstly great job you have done by providing full root system, but I request you for 2 things::::
1) give us a full video tutorial of rooting.
2) please if you can provide CWM for core 2.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StratOS_HTC

Sep 25, 2007
Celje
Hi @StratOS_HTC, firstly great job you have done by providing full root system, but I request you for 2 things::::
1) give us a full video tutorial of rooting.
2) please if you can provide CWM for core 2.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. How to install - Previous version with init.d support https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOBXT5gFbqM
2. There are problems with CWM or TWPR for core 2. I can help, but need to fix my other laptop first and install ubuntu.

StratOS_HTC

Sep 25, 2007
Celje
Please use forum related things in the starting threads.Have created special thread for recovery,boot related,bootlogo and bootanimation things for GC2 phones here in GC forum,feel free to post suggestion in threads related to posts!

Sent from my SM-G355HN using XDA Free mobile app

Dhruvit Pokharna

Oct 3, 2014
dhruvitpokharna.me
hey StratOS_HTC can you give configured boardconfig.mk from cm 11 /device/samsung/G355H/boardconfig.mk and recovery.stab
boardconfig.mk which have partition size correct
recovery.stab which have mount poins correct

please

Dhruvit Pokharna

Oct 3, 2014
dhruvitpokharna.me
hey StratOS_HTC and please if you had made recovery please upload it how ever if it is working or not please just upload it
and i have also made recovery for core 2 duos but whenver i flash it it says replacing old recovery with new recovery and it goes blank(black) please suggest a way to fix it

StratOS_HTC

Sep 25, 2007
Celje
hey StratOS_HTC can you give configured boardconfig.mk from cm 11 /device/samsung/G355H/boardconfig.mk and recovery.stab
boardconfig.mk which have partition size correct
recovery.stab which have mount poins correct
please
hey StratOS_HTC and please if you had made recovery please upload it how ever if it is working or not please just upload it
and i have also made recovery for core 2 duos but whenver i flash it it says replacing old recovery with new recovery and it goes blank(black) please suggest a way to fix it

Please use threads related to this problems
The recovery thread : [MOD] Galaxy core 2 recovery SM G355HN

OK, here is the deal. Watch the thread and ask help for Y300-0100 He is trying to make a device tree for Samsung SM-G355HN.

For a start original kernel and recovery image check my thread - recovery for Samsung Galaxy Core 2.
U'll find all needed files there in attachement, block infos,ramdisk.

Feel free to ask question in that thread.
The Kernel/Platform files for G355HN are in http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=g355hn.

The git (Y300-0100) is located https://github.com/Y300-0100/android_device_samsung_G355HN. Feel free to cooperate with him. Hope no1 blame me for stating links.

And again please obey thread related things in topics,posts.

Last edited:

Dhruvit Pokharna

Oct 3, 2014
dhruvitpokharna.me
No not a cyanogenmod but can be made easily with android kitchen

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Recovery

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Please anyone please cant anyone make it

Reactions: S4ndM4nPt

rambomhtri

Can I root a brand new Core II (almost factory state)

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Core II:
Model: SM-G355HN
Android 4.4.2
Baseband version: G355HNXXU0ANK2
Kernel version: 3.10.17-3409105
Build: KOT49H.G355HNXXU0ANK2

I don't know if it has the boot loader opened and I think the phone's locked (only my cellular carrier works). It's completely new, I've just used it 2h for updating and that kind of stuff, but I wanna uninstall a lot of useless games and software that right now I can only turn off/hide. I've already rooted my old Xperia Neo V, so I'm kind of experienced in this, but I don't know if I need to do something before root my phone. I remember that I flashed my Neo V before root it, though I don't know if it's necessary.

Can I root it anyway? :confused:

Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------
How to :

This update zip is made specialy for G355H... devices. Tested on Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355HN on 4.4.2 Android,
but it should work on all devices Galaxy Core 2.

1. Shut down your phone until last vibe ... it's OFF !
2. Enter stock recovery - hold 3 buttons (Menu + Power + Vol up)
3. After init select "apply update from external storage", press power button to enter
4. Select the downloaded zip - Fullroot su 2.35 Samsung Galaxy Core 2.zip. The file you have previously copied to extSdCard - and press power button ...
5. The script will run ...
6. If all goes ok, your phone should be rooted.
7. After boot android will upgrade - Superuser apk ask for update su binary.
8. No internet connection is neccessary for this step ... Select continue,normal way and wait for the success.
9. Hit thanks if it work 4 you

Latest superuser & binary - pseudo v 2.35 included in this update ( For lolipop 5 ). Still waiting for the Lolipop to come for our phone :crying:
Thanks for Superuser and binary goes to Chainfire
No other preinstall needed like init.d, prerooted or busybox installed.
Looking forward for more infos and feedback.
Thank you so much, StratOS_HTC, but what is the difference between your method and the one in the first message:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54577566&postcount=1

Many thanks! :cowboy:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are there any method to root this phone? I can't find a section for this phone in the forums.

This is the root solution from miniha. I've moved his method to the first post for convenience. Thank you miniha :)
    yeah ready. root samsung core 2 :
    First : copy file "update kinguser.zip " on external card
    Second : click button volume up + power + home (same time)
    Third : click apply update from external storage by volume down and up ,chose by button power
    next : chose file "update kinguser.zip"
    final : waiting result ,phone will auto reset. good luck! phone is rooted

Detailed steps:
    1. Download the file attached in this post and copy it into your external SD card
    2. Switch off your phone and boot into recovery by holding Volume Up + Power + Home buttons (Stock recovery is able to flash this file)
    3. Navigate by pressing the Volume Up/Down button and choose "Apply update from external storage" by using the Power button.
    4. Select the file UPDATE-Kinguser-3.4.0.zip
    5. The phone will auto reboot and gives root access
    yeah ready. root samsung core 2 :
    First : copy file "update kinguser.zip " on external card
    Second : click button volume up + power + home (same time)
    Third : click apply update from external storage by volume down and up ,chose by button power
    next : chose file "update kinguser.zip"
    final : waiting result ,phone will auto reset. good luck! phone is rooted
    Full root easy way

All future development regarding root of GC2 models are from now on : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-core/help/root-galaxy-core-2-t2966445
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to :

This update zip is made specialy for G355H... devices. Tested on Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355HN on 4.4.2 Android,
    but it should work on all devices Galaxy Core 2.

3. After init select "apply update from external storage", press power button to enter
    4. Select the downloaded zip - Fullroot su 2.35 Samsung Galaxy Core 2.zip. The file you have previously copied to extSdCard - and press power button ...
    8. No internet connection is neccessary for this step ... Select continue,normal way and wait for the success.
    9. Hit thanks if it work 4 you

Latest superuser & binary - pseudo v 2.35 included in this update ( For lolipop 5 ). Still waiting for the Lolipop to come for our phone :crying:
    Thanks for Superuser and binary goes to Chainfire
    No other preinstall needed like init.d, prerooted or busybox installed.
    Looking forward for more infos and feedback.
    Full root presented as update script

Many thanks. Looking forward to the step by step.

Ok, here it is.
    Made only for GC2 devices.
    This script also enable init.d support on stock latest rom for kanas device ( script is modified by me for GC2 devices. Thx to shazzl & Ryuinferno @ XDA )
    Script copy latest Superuser apk and binary.
    The update script will full unroot stock based rom for GC2 devices only ! I'm not responsible for any kind of damages ...

How to ...
    4. Select the 'Su - full root.zip' update U are previously copied to extSdCard - and press power button ...
    9.Install busybox to get init.d working
    10. Hit thanks if it work 4 you

[UPDATE: Fullroot is working, but init.d not by this script...u should manualy exec /system/add_initd.sh (Didn't delete from the script) or install Uni-init+v1.0.apk

Video :

Send some feedback.
    Use Kingo Android Root

1. Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC (latest version 1.5 is recommended)

2. Make sure you have turned on USB Debug Mode, go to settings and developers option

3. download and install Kingo android root here http://goo.gl/M4QZYo

4. your pc must connected to internet

5. the simple thing just click ''Root''

it works with my Galaxy Core 2
    thanks if i helped you

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

one thing i forgot to write on my post before is 'connect your device to pc using USB Cable'

it work 100% with my Core 2