Can we please get some info in the OP if this is going to be the official Tizen discussion thread? Things like what release we're supposed to use based on what country (I'm in the US and have no idea which Tizen release to choose), tips and tricks, etc? Thanks guys.
thank you so much. i went to Youtube and looked up how to remove Root which included those steps. it is upgrading now!Ap the correct choice
Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot gear in Download Mode
1. Plug in the Gear
2.From being powered on, (Bootable or not) press and hold the button of the right until the Gear shows "Samsung Galaxy Gear Rebooting" and rapidly press the button until you get to the "Select REBOOT MODE" screen.
3. Highlight "Download" in the list by pressing the button to scroll.
4. Press and hold the button for 3 seconds (and let go! The screen won't change immediately) and let it boot into download mode.
Hi mrfett79Just wondering if Watch Styler will work with the Tizen OS. According to gearfaces.com only the analog themes work. Would like to not loose any customization I have currently. I know this is minor but it is part of what I like about my GG1.
thank you so much. i went to Youtube and looked up how to remove Root which included those steps. it is upgrading now!
Nevermind, I think I found the solution. Basically we have to download and flash first the Android version NC1 (BTU) for USA file through Odin then proceed with the Tizen upgrade.Oops, I didn't think of that. What were the steps to remove root OR a link to the video?
How do you use Kies 3 to manually update? Ive been poking around a little bit but cant figure it out. Or am i barking up the wrong tree entirely? Ive never used Odin.Hi guys, one question: but after installation this software update the bluetooth work with bluetooth speaker???
If your Gear is stock and your CSC (region) has the update available, Kies will offer the update when you plug your Gear in. If your Gear isn't stock, for example rooted or running a different region's s/w from the shipped CSC, you can install any region's s/w via Odin. Odin's pretty harmless. Some simple steps:How do you use Kies 3 to manually update? Ive been poking around a little bit but cant figure it out. Or am i barking up the wrong tree entirely? Ive never used Odin.
Thank you much, i really appreciate the infoIf your Gear is stock and your CSC (region) has the update available, Kies will offer the update when you plug your Gear in. If your Gear isn't stock, for example rooted or running a different region's s/w from the shipped CSC, you can install any region's s/w via Odin. Odin's pretty harmless. Some simple steps:
- Download Odin, any version will do.
- Download the Tizen update from Samfirmware or Samsung-updates. I'm in the U.S. and used BTU (UK).
- Extract the file you downloaded
- Put your Gear in download mode by holding the power button for seven seconds and once the display says "rebooting" mash on it repeatedly until a selection menu appears.
- One of the selections is "download." Mash on the button a few times with download highlighted and your Gear should enter download mode.
- Open Odin and put the file you extracted in either AP or PDA depending on which Odin version you're using.
- Plug your Gear in to your PC via USB and it should be recognized by Odin.
- Click "start" and you'll see a bunch of files being transferred in the lower left pane of Odin. When finished it should say "success."
- Unplug your Gear from your PC and re-sync it to your phone with Gear Manager.
When your region receives the update, repeat the steps above using your region's ROM. That way you'll be "official" if you need warranty repair. Since the Gear came out I haven't heard any reports of differences in h/w or s/w by region so I think they are all the same. A Gear's a Gear and a ROM's a ROM no matter what CSC or region is assigned. That's very different from Samsung's phones and tablets where there can be big s/w differences between regions.
P.S. - Heimdall's the "Odin" for Macs. I know nothing about it and can't help the Mac-inclined.
hi , from what i have been reading in the Gear 2 forums ( over period of time )So tempted since I don't use watch styler anymore as it drains my battery but I don't want to lose 60 seconds recording and the silent camera with null rom. It doesn't seem like there's much benefit besides greater battery life.
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk