• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung galaxy M21 overcharge Protection issue

Search This thread

sazzatul

Sep 20, 2016
Huawei Y3
When in charging this device heats a lot, though it can charge through only a 15W charger. Even when battery is charged to 100%, it does not stop heating. I checked the temperature after 20 minutes from the time device was charged 100%( the charging cable was connected), But felt the same amount of heat even after it has been some time. Doesn't the phone come with overcharge protection?? My last device was poco f1 and it became super cold just after 10 minutes as it has been fully charged. Anyone facing the same issue or is it just me.

Last edited:

rizwan.mahai

Jul 2, 2014
Nizamabad, India
For now I do not have any issues related to overheating both during the charging or phone usage, however my battery drains a lot faster with Google app consuming as much as 20% in the background. If you are charging the phone overnight you can try disabling the Fast Charging mode and see if the overheating is still there. I do not have idea about over heat protection.

Invincible-Venom

Sep 28, 2017
When in charging this device heats a lot, though it can charge through only a 15W charger. Even when battery is charged to 100%, it does not stop heating. I checked the temperature after 20 minutes from the time device was charged 100%( the charging cable was connected), But felt the same amount of heat even after it has been some time. Doesn't the phone come with overcharge protection?? My last device was poco f1 and it became super cold just after 10 minutes as it has been fully charged. Anyone facing the same issue or is it just me.
Do you have same issue still?
For me, after battery reaches 100% the phone eventually cooled down.