Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ sim unlock code

Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
One of the happiest days of my life was when I finally left Sprint and stopped arguing with them about the fact that they can, but WILL NOT unlock my (3) Samsung Note 9 phones. I bit the bullet and bought 3 new phones and those are rendered useless (for now). I noticed they updated the "Official Policy" on 2/11/19 to reflect the new (now in place) FCC / CTIA policy to unlock phones going forward. They changed much of their misleading (LIES) language and simply say they will do it going forward on a phone purchased after that date.

It used to say something like "we may not be technically capable of unlocking all phones" or "Sprint has no technological process available to do this." and then there was a bunch of "facts" listed on the site to provide excuses that they didn't want to do it in order to hold customers hostage. Now it just says "Generally, if you have Sprint device and it is capable of being unlocked, Sprint will provide a bill notification and/or text message when you are eligible to have your device unlocked. The bill notification will direct you to Sprint Customer Care who can assist in efforts to unlock your device. (WHAT BS. YOU BELIEVE THEY WILL PUT THAT ON YOUR BILL NOTIFICATION? YEAH AND YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR!) then it says...
For domestic SIM unlockable ("DSU") Sprint will automatically unlock the device when it becomes eligible. "This policy is subject to change without notice at Sprint's discretion. Updated 2/11/2019."

So for me, even at "cutting my bill in half" (and in the fine print you have to turn in your old phone to them and buy a new phone!!!) I think I would never user Sprint again. That's really sad(

you dont have to return it and can purvhase it which is the right thing to do if you want to own it and use elsewhere.. its not "yours" until its paid in full. Unless you live in one of the few states such as new york where the govt doesnt allow you to purchase the device at which case you either return it, swap it out or keep it until it gets blacklisted and still pay for it in full in the end or have it hit ur credit

eurodj

Mar 22, 2011
Which method i have that same model?

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

I'm from Portugal too and this method worked well for my SM-N975F NOS phone

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

rainakingsley

Aug 20, 2018
Really? lol i mean i dont have sprint for coverage reasons but you make it spund like theyre the only company with policies like this.

How do you think myself and other big red users feel when they implemented their new unlock policies? Verizon requires the phone to be activated on the verizon network then you must wait 2 months for an unlock regardless (unless military or govt) and they originally had an agreement with the fcc but managed to get out if it early.

I reiterate Sprint does not have the means to fully sim unlock a device on the spot but do have a means to generate an msl code or other unlock code but as youre aware its a way to fully unlock the device.

And its also a fact that just bcuz a phone gets unlocked doesnt mean itll work everywhere, this is with any device with any company. Sprint cannot guarantee someone elses network lol. If you choose to leave a d tale ur phone why would they guarantee it? They wouldve been dead in the water lol

the sprint msl code is worthless for an note10+. sprint will tell you to take it to your new carrier and they will know what to do. that is not true. i called sprint and asked them to explain how this number gets entered into my phone? they haven't a clue. that is a fact. i was told that samsung puts software on the phone for sprint which locks it to sprint. samsung told me that sprint puts the software on their phones. samsung also stated that the verizon note10 are the same exact phones hardware wise. the cell phone code does state that if your contract was met and left in good standing they have to unlock it for local use. you do not need be a sprint customer and your phone does not need to be active.

eurodj

Mar 22, 2011

thanks guys for your suggestions, I have successfully unlocked my phone today

how??

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

they all liars, i tried unlock my phone i paid $13 After 25 hours they send me code did not work at all and now im trying get money back

Same result here...funny thing is they do have access to some database as they do retrieve your correct serial number and device info....code just doesnt work

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Hi guys, I have the Sprint unlock code but share the same frustration with Sprint as a guy above. I was interested in your answer, which seemed to involve getting the MSL code rather than using it. Now that I have it, what do I do with it? I want to unlock the phone myself and then take it to the new carrier (Verizon) to make it work on their system. Verizon, for their part, will have nothing to do with it and denies any knowledge of unlock codes. Is it easy to use? On what screen do I input the code, or is it done with a carrier's computer?

you cant unlock it with the msl code lol.. msl code is useful sometimes but its not so easy to sim unlock these days.. to do it yourself sammy has msl certs and other items protecting it.. not to mention restricting AT commands and communications to the modem..

If you want to do it legit, as i advised the other day, sprint has a back office team that unlocks devices.. so u need to call care then they will xfr u to account services who will then create a case if its eligible to b unlocked at which point itll be unlocked within 1 to 5 business days.

very rarely do they need to send a "unlock code" these days.. most devices can b unlocked in the back end and sent to the device ota..

vzw started locking devices for 60 days now.. the msl code on vzw devices is always 000000... so if u find a way to sim unlock using the msl code only then let me know lol

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Hello sanchezpersetto, I have read of your frustration with your carrier. I'm from the UK but I think the following still applies, I don't know how much you know but incase your somehow unaware but the unlock code is just 8 digit number that can be applied by a third party who has access to database and as far as i'am aware the situation in the UK is if you buy or unlock the phone yourself this should give you access to any network. So you should search online for third party service if you have such a big issues with Sprint support.

theres plenty services out there if he is that in need haha.. but yea, when i needed to unlock my recent devices i got a guy that does em.. i need to run a few at commands using a special at binary (one that works) to get some strings back (like AT+MSLSECURE and a AKEY one time code etc etc) which i give to him.. then he sends to some server somewhere and waits to get the mslcerts n stuff back.. then you use those to unlock AT security so u can then unlock the device..

he told me that the mslcerts n stuff are device specific .. so each device has its own unique certs...

thats about as far as my knowledge on this stuff lol.. i recently unlocked a N960U and an A505u and a A102u.. before this i never bothered with sim unlocks

dcperdue

Jun 3, 2008
All you guys are full of ****. There is no unlock code on any of the note 10 or s10. Its all automated through UICC. New phones keep the software on the sim to talk to the towers and the soc is locked to a carrier if its a locked phone. there is not magical code going to unlock it. The provider unlocks it from the tower and tells the soc to unlock. This is why a few companies charge 100 to unlock them and you must download a usb emulation program that lets them remotely connect to your phone remotely through usb. The process takes about 10 mins from the time the order is placed.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
The phone sim locking is fully controlled by Samsung. Government should regulate Samsung to not lock the phones or customize the phones software for any carrier. If a carrier subsidize a phone as part of a contract that phone should be blacklisted so it cannot be sold.

agree with the other user.. its carrier controlled.. thats y some carriers have their own methods.. like tmo is server side and sprint has their own method etc etc.. some use unlock codes also.. it varies by carrier..

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Sprint has to be the worst company ever. We are a pro phone shop that got stuck with 20 Note10+ phones previously on Sprint.
Sprint is losing customer's right and left and will do everything they can legal and illegal to trap you and prevent you from leaving their awful company.
We contacted Sprint , the second you mention unlocking they bounce you from operator to operator and put you on hold.
"We don't have the technical ability to unlock the phone".
Then you get bumped up to level 2 BS where the same is said in a different way by a different person.
I can't believe our government lets Sprint get away with this.
Sprint and there illegal and immoral policies have cost us thousands of dollars.

again, device unlock requests are handled by account services.. so whenever u call in u prolly get to care or another dept. then when u request unlock they are required per policy to transfer you to acct services (aka retention) since care arent allowed to submit unlock requests.. you get to retention bcuz to sprint (or any carrier) device unlock means ur leaving or going to another provider..

if u got devices previously on srint on some acct somewhere u cant request it to b unlocked unless you have access to the acct the devices were on.. acct services need to b able to authenticate the acct to check its paid off and eligibe to b unlocked and to submit the unlock request/case.. wthout the security info they cannot access said acct..

the devices also need to have been on srint at least 50 days before being eligible for unlock.. note 10 hasnt been out that long even so that is another reason your note 10s are not eligible yet..

all carriers have some requirements.. if u have a shop n want unlocked devices you should purvhase from samsung and not a carrier..

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
The fact is that Sprint won't unlock my Note10 Plus. They don't say such. Instead, they just say "we have submitted a request for unlocking and please wait 72 hours". And 72 hours passed and it's still locked. Then you are told to wait another 72 hours)
There's no escalation mechanism when an issue wasn't resolved after many attempts and many hours has been wasted. Sprint customer service representatives have no clues about my unlock request and seem to just want to dismiss the call as fast as possible.
Shame for such disgusting behavior from Sprint. I am glad it's dropping down to 4th carrier and hope it will go to oblivion very soon.
I will never, ever try Sprint again. The LTE speed is 20 times slower than AT&T in my area (No exaggeration. AT&T is 24Mbps while Sprint is 1.2Mbps). And now this shameful Samsung sim unlocking policy(

n10+ cant b unlocked unless requirements r met lol.. it hasnt been out 50 days yet.. theres no reason they shuld even submit a request when its not eligible yet.. whoever submitted it, i agree, didnt kno what they were doing..

there is an escalation process.. supervisors can reach out to the back office team to find out why an eligible device isnt unlocked and exedite it.. usually same day.. but there is 0 point in escalating it if it doesnt meet the requrements since the team that does it will say its not eligible for said reasons.. escalations are only for errors in the unlock process.. i.e. they say its not eligible when it is for example..

72hrs is the normal timeframe for an unlock.. acct services rep submits a case to have it unlocked given it is eligible i.e paid off, acct in good standing, been active at least 50 days... then the case goes to a back office team that only does unlocks all day.. they sometimes get swamped so when they get backlogged can take up to 5 days for an unlock..

honestly, if u spent hrs with no soutin that is in art ur own fault.. srints faut bcuz ignorant employees dont check the requirements and submit stuff when it will 100% not go through and the customers fault bcuz they have access to view sprints unlocking policy and shouldnt b tryna think they can somehow circumvent the requirements.. if its not eligible wat/do what u need to to make it eligible then call to have it unlocked.. if nt u will b "wasting hours" of your time.

att also has certain requirements to unlock a device.. so does tmobile.. so does verizon (although vzw is most lax) so not sure what everyones gripe is about sprints policy lol.. i can tye in att sim unlock or tmo sim unlock in a search and get the same or more complaints about their unlocking policies..

point is, meet the requirements or purchase unlocked from google.. or in some cases pay a third party service.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
All you guys are full of ****. There is no unlock code on any of the note 10 or s10. Its all automated through UICC. New phones keep the software on the sim to talk to the towers and the soc is locked to a carrier if its a locked phone. there is not magical code going to unlock it. The provider unlocks it from the tower and tells the soc to unlock. This is why a few companies charge 100 to unlock them and you must download a usb emulation program that lets them remotely connect to your phone remotely through usb. The process takes about 10 mins from the time the order is placed.

not necessarily the uicc but yea, u gt the idea lol.. its locked if putting another carrier sim in if device is sim unlocked.. omce they unlock it server side it sends code to the device saying its unlocked at which itll then accet other sims..

sprint has a toolm called dna2. u put the imei in and it will display whether its locked or unlocked.. most res have access to this tool but only certain teas that process the unlocks have access to change it in the server to unlocked (at least with sprint)

third partes that can unlock devices have some level of access to the servers and can process it such as in tmobiles case..

there are other ways to do some type unlocks without server access or official means..

i mentioned before chimera tool for example has a feature for some devices called carrier relock. . instead of unlocing the sim it locks the device to up to 64 carriers which essentially is the same as sim unlocking the device.. i did it on a A102U for example and it worked all the same as a sim unlock

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I called Sprint today and was given the six digit '000000' MSL code. They told me they do not send a signal. I have to wait until the last day of my billing cycle a they will discontinue service. The next day I can take the phone and the unlock code to the carrier of my choice and that carrier will give me instructions on how to unlock the phone. From what I have understood this code is worthless. What do I have to do to get them to send a signal to my phone? That's really confusing(

lol the msl code will not allow sim unlock.. not to mention if they made it that easy it would b a joke.. vzw samsung devices have same default msl code.. there are a few hiddenmenus that will ask for msl code tho

Shadoe_Lance

Dec 6, 2006
San Antonio
I have unlocked today using this service: www.samsungsimunlock.com
my phone was hard locked and delivery time was around 20 hours. unlock code worked well.
metropcs sim is working great now in my phone. can someone share APN settings for metropcs?
thanks
That unlock site is a scam. They send you a random generated unlock code and direct you to download their apparently from their website to enter the code into. Although the apparently states your phone is unlocked, when you swap the non AT&T SIM with an international SIM it will prompt for an unlock code again. The unlocked code provided does not work. Filed a disputte with PayPal and received this email from samsungsimunlock.com:

You need to cancel PayPal dispute as soon as possible.
Your phone may be permanently locked because you have interrupted un-encryption process on server and system will place your phone IMEI to 'blacklisted' database.
The phone will stay permanently locked.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Hi guys, I want to pre-order Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note10+ phone from carrier and unlock it for my local sim card. I'm trying to find the best variant for me, but I have noticed that there are a lot of different variants of this phone. Which one is the best choice for sim unlocking purposes or they have the same baseband hardware? Also I heard that some of them may be hard locked by carrier.
SM-N975F; SM-N975F/DS; SM-N975U; SM-N975U1; SM-N975W; SM-N9750/DS; SM-N975N; SM-N971U; SM-N971N; SM-N970F; SM-N970F/DS; SM-N970U; SM-N970U1; SM-N970W; SM-N9700/DS; SM-N970N; SM-N976F; SM-N976U; SM-N976N

[UPDATE 30.08.2019] I have purchased SM-N975U version

[UPDATE 01.09.2019] I have unlocked successfully using this method: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80111466&postcount=11

Thanks

That unlock site is a scam. They send you a random generated unlock code and direct you to download their apparently from their website to enter the code into. Although the apparently states your phone is unlocked, when you swap the non AT&T SIM with an international SIM it will prompt for an unlock code again. The unlocked code provided does not work. Filed a disputte with PayPal and received this email from samsungsimunlock.com:

Your phone may be permanently locked because you have interrupted un-encryption process on server and system will place your phone IMEI to 'blacklisted' database.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

they all liars, i tried unlock my phone i paid $13 After 25 hours they send me code did not work at all and now im trying get money back
Yup. They are a scam. I paid with PayPal and filed a dispute.

not necessarily the uicc but yea, u gt the idea lol.. its locked if putting another carrier sim in if device is sim unlocked.. omce they unlock it server side it sends code to the device saying its unlocked at which itll then accet other sims..

sprint has a toolm called dna2. u put the imei in and it will display whether its locked or unlocked.. most res have access to this tool but only certain teas that process the unlocks have access to change it in the server to unlocked (at least with sprint)

third partes that can unlock devices have some level of access to the servers and can process it such as in tmobiles case..

there are other ways to do some type unlocks without server access or official means..

i mentioned before chimera tool for example has a feature for some devices called carrier relock. . instead of unlocing the sim it locks the device to up to 64 carriers which essentially is the same as sim unlocking the device.. i did it on a A102U for example and it worked all the same as a sim unlock

Doesn't ATT use unlock codes? I know they did with the Note 8 and the Note 9. I had to submit a request through their website with the IMEI, and 12-24 hours later ATT emailed me an unlock code. You put the foreign carrier SIM in it and it prompts for the code. Of course in the case of the Note 9, ATT supplied an 8 digit code instead of a 16 digit code. I had to pay a 3rd party for the correct code.

Is it not that way anymore with the N10 or S10?

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Yup. They are a scam. I paid with PayPal and filed a dispute.
That's exactly what they told me

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

My quiestion is can they block the IMEI? What they sed is that since the process has started they and it is 76% the IMEI may be blocked. Is this true?

Shadoe_Lance

Dec 6, 2006
San Antonio
That's exactly what they told me

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

My quiestion is can they block the IMEI? What they sed is that since the process has started they and it is 76% the IMEI may be blocked. Is this true?

An hour after I filed the dispute paypal refunded me. Seems it's a common paypal dispute. No. They can't blacklist your phone. Only the carrier that you purchased the phone from can do that. And normally if lost or stolen.

connieoldham

Aug 22, 2018
I called Sprint today and was given the six digit '000000' MSL code. They told me they do not send a signal. I have to wait until the last day of my billing cycle a they will discontinue service. The next day I can take the phone and the unlock code to the carrier of my choice and that carrier will give me instructions on how to unlock the phone. From what I have understood this code is worthless. What do I have to do to get them to send a signal to my phone? That's really confusing(

I was looking into this forum for other info and saw mass confusion with Sprint support so let me clear the air in here.
6 digit '000000' msl code which Sprint is provide by phone call is not an unlock code. Unlock codes are 8 digits or more. Msl codes were used in flashing a phones software, which due to all newer devices taking sim cards, it is a worthless technology or thing to do, getting the user only 2g-3g typically.
Note10 Sprint phones do NOT take an unlock code at all to unlock (almost all other makers do). As I know, Network Unlock tool is needed.
Note10 can work here in the US if you unlock it (bought 3 from sprint on ebay and 1 was unlocked and worked fine with metropcs).
Carriers are not the only ones unlocking phones. There are a lot of reliable sim unlocking services online. Sprint is really dissapointing

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Sprint had better wake up. This could end up being another hundred million dollar lawsuit. These companies have already paid out millions because of underhanded slamming and overages and other dishonest behavior. I don't know why these phone companies feel that they need to force people to use their service. Verizon iphones are supplied to their customers fully unlocked. This is not due to their kindness but was the result of a settlement with the FCC. Maybe if everyone files an FCC complaint, Sprint will be forced to do the right thing.

verizon actually sim locks all devices for 60 days now including iphones which was approved im sure by the fcc despite the previous ruling...

every carrier has similar policies.. will b hard to sue when u agree to the terms before purchasing the device from a carrier..

i personally dont see any problem with the policies.. ppl want something that they havent completely paid for and do not own yet.. then theres those that commit fraud by purchasing or stealing devices then "unlocking" them and selling for profit causing carriers to lose out..

once a device is unlocked theres nothing tying it to a carrier and not much they can do to recover the cost if it wasnt paid in full.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I want to pre-order Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note10+ phone from carrier and unlock it for my local sim card. I'm trying to find the best variant for me, but I have noticed that there are a lot of different variants of this phone. Which one is the best choice for sim unlocking purposes or they have the same baseband hardware? Also I heard that some of them may be hard locked by carrier.
    SM-N975F; SM-N975F/DS; SM-N975U; SM-N975U1; SM-N975W; SM-N9750/DS; SM-N975N; SM-N971U; SM-N971N; SM-N970F; SM-N970F/DS; SM-N970U; SM-N970U1; SM-N970W; SM-N9700/DS; SM-N970N; SM-N976F; SM-N976U; SM-N976N

Thanks
    I have tried to get unlock code for my note 10+ directly from Sprint support but they refused without any explanation why( any suggestions?

you cant just call in and get a unlock code lol... the sprint department i work in is customer account services which handles all those calls.. Sprint along with every other carrier sees device unlocking as achurn clue since typically people want to unlock to use their phones on another carrier sothey give themselves that "last chance" to save a customer.

with that being said, no one u can talk to over the phone at sprint has the ability to unlock phones... they create a case which goes to a dedicated back office team that goes and unlocks it on the back end.

They will notify you via whichever means you requested when the case is created. It typically will take 1 to 3 business days unless they are backlogged at which point it can take up to 5 business days.

This is all of course assuming you meet the requirements which typically means device is fully paid off, phone has been active on Sprint at least 50 days (i think its 50 if i can recall) and account is in good standing i.e. not in collections or suspended for non pay etc etc.

Its done on the backend servers so usually just need the phone to b turned on and connected to the internet. I believe they also send you a code.

All they can do over the phone is create the case and check in the system if its unlocked or not.
    DOH! Can you get it fixed? Samsung warranty?
    i already got it replaced with a brand new one since it was still within the satisfaction guarantee

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Hi guys, can someone please explain how to enter sim unlock code? my note10+ us cellular phone does not ask for code for some reason(
    I have made wipe, cache and dalvik cache cleaning but the problem still there.
    how to activate pop up menu for entering code?
    thnx
    u sure it needs one? whats us cellulars device unlock policy
    I have tried to get unlock code for my note 10+ directly from Sprint support but they refused without any explanation why( any suggestions?

One possible explanation could be "I'm going to England on vacation and want to use a local SIM card for service while I'm there."