Samsung Galaxy Note 4 indian users

Search This thread

azzffu

Nov 28, 2012
Hi Guys I have a N910G Indian Version with the Aus Software COH4 in it...

I used the CF-Auto Root method to Root the phone and it said it was sucessful..

So after that i tried to install the custom recovery by Installing the TWRP App from Playstore and there is Selected the TWRP version as India I guess i did this wrong..

TWRP installed and opened as well but when i Tried to Reboot the phone it is just showing some Yellow sign as Kernel at top then the Samsung Logo appears and then nothing happens screen closes Vibrates Yellow Kernel word at top and the same Samsung logo appears and so on..

I wanted to flash TWRP so that I can use Custom Roms Please help me Guys I Have just removed the battery from the phone now Will go ahead only after Your advise...

Edit: I just Used Odin to flash back the stock firmware from Sammobile so I am back to stock and phone boots.

But I want to root the phone and use custom roms !!Can some please look into the above steps and help me as to where i went wrong and what next should i do to avoid Boot loop

Abhi Dahiya

Apr 17, 2014
I will be purchasing Note 4 so want to ask a question to owners here. I currently have S4 and the recent update that arrived in Samsung phones with App optimization and security patch level mentioned that users will no longer be able to revert back to older firmware.
I have also read a thread where a S4 user failed to downgrade to 4.4.2 using Odin.
So my question to all of you guys is that if this is issue with Note 4 too after the recent update ?
I will downgrade to official Kitkat 4.4.4 using Odin after buying it. So is it possible now also ?

therohanchawla

Aug 6, 2014
dab
OnePlus 7 Pro
I will be purchasing Note 4 so want to ask a question to owners here. I currently have S4 and the recent update that arrived in Samsung phones with App optimization and security patch level mentioned that users will no longer be able to revert back to older firmware.
I have also read a thread where a S4 user failed to downgrade to 4.4.2 using Odin.
So my question to all of you guys is that if this is issue with Note 4 too after the recent update ?
I will downgrade to official Kitkat 4.4.4 using Odin after buying it. So is it possible now also ?
Yes... It is possible to go back to 4.4.4

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

So after that i tried to install the custom recovery by Installing the TWRP App from Playstore and there is Selected the TWRP version as India I guess i did this wrong..

TWRP installed and opened as well but when i Tried to Reboot the phone it is just showing some Yellow sign as Kernel at top then the Samsung Logo appears and then nothing happens screen closes Vibrates Yellow Kernel word at top and the same Samsung logo appears and so on..

I wanted to flash TWRP so that I can use Custom Roms Please help me Guys I Have just removed the battery from the phone now Will go ahead only after Your advise...

Edit: I just Used Odin to flash back the stock firmware from Sammobile so I am back to stock and phone boots.

But I want to root the phone and use custom roms !!Can some please look into the above steps and help me as to where i went wrong and what next should i do to avoid Boot loop
Don't you flash superSU.... AND the right version of autoROOT for the android version you have.... Any issue do reply...

Last edited:

Ram121

Apr 20, 2013
Pune
@azzffu

Method to root
1. On stock ROM flash custom recovery through odin (CWM or TWRP) untick auto reboot
2. Switch off phone by pulling out battery
3. Reboot into recovery
4. Flash supersu zip
5. Flash modified kernel for your stock rom
6. Optional but recommended to backup EFS through TWRP
7. Reboot to ROM. When you reboot it will ask to fix flashing stock recovery, click on fix
8. Aftee booting into ROM, again backup EFS with your preferred tool

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
Hello, i have a note 4 sprint which is carrier locked. Can anyone help me out how to unlock it it for indian sim.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

sushant1thakran

Dec 10, 2013
Delhi
Hello, i have a note 4 sprint which is carrier locked. Can anyone help me out how to unlock it it for indian sim.

I've used sprint galaxy s5, without any issues, as if u r travelling abroad (out of us), u'll buy the local sim, in order to use that, it was unlocked for other region sims. So u dont have any issues,
but still if u r facing this issue, use the thread below.
http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-...sim-unlocking-sprint-galaxy-s5-g900p-t3085624

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
I've used sprint galaxy s5, without any issues, as if u r travelling abroad (out of us), u'll buy the local sim, in order to use that, it was unlocked for other region sims. So u dont have any issues,
but still if u r facing this issue, use the thread below.
http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-...sim-unlocking-sprint-galaxy-s5-g900p-t3085624

Tried installing ssu.apk anf it fcd.
I am running 5.0.1 on my note 4. Wondering what to do

azzffu

Nov 28, 2012
Query Regarding BL And Modem

Hi guys Just rooted my phone ! Just wanted to ask a query Currently i have a Australian XSA COH4 5.1.1 installed !!

I Want to Install the Emotroid Note 5 Experience R3 Rom So do I just follow the Instructions given in http://emotroid.com/note4-touchwiz/ OR do i Have to Install any additional BL or Modem file ? If YEs can some1 give me the link to BL and Modem which has to be installed

Just want to be sure so that I dont end up in a boot loop !!!

kinda Noob here ! Plz ans quickly dying to xperience this rom !!

Mussels84

May 18, 2013
Hi guys Just rooted my phone ! Just wanted to ask a query Currently i have a Australian XSA COH4 5.1.1 installed !!

I Want to Install the Emotroid Note 5 Experience R3 Rom So do I just follow the Instructions given in http://emotroid.com/note4-touchwiz/ OR do i Have to Install any additional BL or Modem file ? If YEs can some1 give me the link to BL and Modem which has to be installed

those questions can only be answered by the people who made the rom, or people currently using it.

neelAndroid

Sep 12, 2014
A 73mb update available for n4g

cf341bc3bd8a9f6bdcb93e841768cce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reactions: sjharieshkumar

kalaishere

Feb 25, 2012
Chennai

Hi dude,

If u want to use a custom ROM, u need to flash 2 things using ODIN..

1. TWRP recovery
2. Latest 5.1.1 Bootloader modem.

No need to root, since all the custom ROM's are already rooted.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

You can flash any bootloader of N910G 5.1.1..
Flash it using AP (PDA) option in ODIN.
Latest bootlader -- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687741

Unzip it, u need to flash .tar file using ODIN..

RishiChhikkara

Dec 30, 2012
New Delhi
kernel

can i use nameless kernel with stock Rom N910G 5.0.1, i just rooted my note 4 for adblock & advance color control, will KCAL app work with this kernel on stock 5.0.1??

srinathmc

Aug 9, 2011
Hi all.. can you guys please tell me which xposed framework i have to flash on my note 4 which has stock BOK1 5.0.1 rom

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

pvcchem

Jan 30, 2014
Hi i have samsung galaxy note 4 (910g indian version)
Its rooted and iam using dr. Ketan's coustom rom with xposed installed in it.
When i connect my phone via usb to pc it connect as mtp device but i want to mount ny sd or external sd so i can use it on my car music player
So please tell me any solution for that
Thank you so much

sandy0143

Mar 7, 2014
nagpur
Hey guys I want to customise my setting.. Its all white background i don't like it.. As it not very battery friendly i want to make it completely black.. Is there any way.. Please help.. Thanks in advance.. ? ?

xmax2323

Feb 8, 2016
mumbai
reliance jio 4g working on N910c

hi everyone
i m having note 4 n910c which i bought from qatar n unfortunately i was not able to use airtel 4g in mumbai due to unavailability of LTE band 40 in 910c . i got an employee card of reliance jio n i can say its 4g isworking well in mumbai .i tried speed test and it gvs avg about 15mbps speed which is still under trial run .so those who have 910c lte compatible issue can wait for jio 4g

Top Liked Posts