Nope, but S22 doesn't have that option at all. I'm still experimenting with till now, if you guys have any idea, please, share your thoughts
Help please, my keyboard clipboard arent working anymore, which app to reinstall????Some of these tweaks are shared with my other thread:
Google Pixel Optimization Guide
To Start With- Factory Reset.
- Follow setup OFFLINE (DON'T restore anything during setup)
- Add your account from settings app, then continue setup
- DON'T use Smart Switch
System Settings- Adaptive Battery: DISABLED.
- Synchronization: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Location: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Advanced features/Gestures: DISABLED
- Auto download System Update over Wi-Fi: DISABLED
- Auto optimize daily: ENABLED
- Auto restart at set times: ENABLED
- Bluetooth Scanning (Location services): DISABLED
- Usage & Diagnostics: DISABLED
- Advertising ID: DELETE
- System Sound/Vibration Control: ALL OFF
- Network Mode: 2G/3G/4G
- Always On Display (AoD): DISABLED
- System-Wide Dark Mode: ENABLED
Background Usage Limits- Put unused apps to Sleep: DISABLED
- Sleeping Apps: All apps except apps you need instant notifications from.
- Deep Sleeping Apps: All your inactive apps.
Google Settings- Nearby connections: DISABLED
- Devices: DISABLED
- Nearby Share: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Location Services: ALL DISABLED
Accessibility Settings- Reduce transparency & Blur: ENABLED
Developer Options:- Background Check: DISABLED
- Multicore Packet Scheduler: DISABLED
- Suspend execution of Cached apps (under developer options): ENABLED
- Animation scale (3 entries) : x0.5
- Bluetooth AVRCP Version: 1.6
- Bluetooth MAP version: 1.4
Battery Calibration- Use your phone normally till it turns off automatically.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- Turn it on, then unplug your phone and use it normally until it dies again.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- Turn it on, unplug it, enjoy
Fix General Battery Leak- Go to Permission Manager, check for any excess permissions, especially hardware like location, camera or nearby devices.
Fix Google Apps Battery drainGo to Settings, Apps. Enable "show system apps" then look for each of:
"Google Play Store"
"Google Services Framework"
"Google Play Services", "Chrome"
"Google Android System WebView"
- Clear data & cache
- Uninstall Updates
- Force Stop
- Reboot, let them update and follow setup.
Fix Camera Experience- Uninstall updates from App Info page
- Wipe Data & Cache of Camera app, reboot to Safe mode, do it again, then reboot normally.
- Turn off location tags, and location permission for the camera app.
- Move all camera modes (portrait, food, etc ..) to the "More" section.
- Video Stabilization: DISABLED
Fix Google Play Store ExperienceUnder Google Play Store settings
- Autoplay: DISABLED
- Auto Update Apps: DISABLED
- App Install Optimization: DISABLED
Fix Google ChromeSettings
- Page Preloading: DISABLED
- Smooth Scrolling: ENABLED
- Parallel Downloading: ENABLED
Fix Social Media Apps- Theme: AMOLED
- Autoplay videos: DISABLED
- Log out of all Old sessions.
Fix Spotify Battery Drain- Under settings, turn off "Spotify connect in the background"
Remove Ads System-WideGo to settings, connections, more connections settings, look for Private DNS.
- Set: dns.adguard.com as custom dns & save.
- Close all apps then reboot.
Fix OLED Burn-in/Ghosting- Download LCD Burn-in Wiper
- Disable Auto-brightness & set Brightness to 100%
- Launch at least 1 hour
Fix Speaker crackling- Download Speaker cleaner
- Set your volume to max
- Put your phone face down & launch
SAMSUNG RECOMMENDED FIXES
Fix General Performance- Boot into recovery
- Clear cache partition
- Repair apps.
Fix OneUI LagGo to Settings, Apps. Enable "show system apps" then look for each of:
"OneUI Home", "Your Keyboard", "Android System", "System UI", & all the "Gesture" apps.
- Under app info, Battery, set to UNRESTRICTED
Fix UI Frame Drop/StutterSettings, Apps, show system apps.
- Clear App Data & Cache of "Always-on Display"
- Download & install latest versions of Galaxy App Booster & Samsung Good Guardians.
- Launch Good Guardian & select Galaxy App booster
- Launch it and leave your phone till it's done.
Fix Fingerprint ExperienceGo to Settings, Biometrics and security, fingerprints:
- Turn on "Fingerprint always on"
- Turn off "Show animation when unlocking"
Go to Settings, Biometrics and security, more biometrics settings:
- Turn off "Show unlock transition effect"
Under Settings, Apps.
- Set battery usage to "Unrestricted" for "com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting".
Unlock More Gallery Features- Go to Gallery App, Settings, About.
- Tap version number multiple times
- You'll find more options under "Labs"
You're gonna need:DEBLOAT
- ADB AppControl (Windows)
- Samsung USB Drivers
- ADB Drivers
- Latest presets attached at the bottom of this post
- Enable USB debugging and "Always authorize" on your phone
- The preset has been tested by me and other users, you will NOT get a boot loop.!!DISCLAIMER!!
- This preset contains the list of ALL APPS THAT CAN BE REMOVED
- You don't have to remove all of the apps in the preset bellow.
- Inspect all what's going to be removed then unselect apps & features you need.
- You can always go to "Uninstall" section of AppControl and restore the apps you need.
- Keep in mind that deleted apps stay in the phone and will all be restored after factory reset.
- Restore all apps before updating your phone
How toIn AppControl
- Load attached preset to "System" tab.
- Scroll though all the selected apps and uncheck the apps you want to keep.
- Apply Uninstall (with wipe app data checked automatically).
- Restart your phone, then apply the after update section of tweaks bellow.
RECOMMENDED ADB OPTIMIZATIONS
#BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS FIRST- adb devices
- adb shell settings list global > global_stock.txt
- adb shell settings list system > system_stock.txt
- adb shell settings list secure > secure_stock.txt
If you want to check parameter's state, replace "put" with "get" and remove value.
Ex: For "animator_duration_scale"
- adb shell settings get global animator_duration_scale
Improve Display Performance- adb shell wm reset
- adb shell settings put system screen_auto_brightness_adj 1.0
- adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 120.0
- adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 1.0
- adb shell settings put global window_animation_scale 0.4
- adb shell settings put global transition_animation_scale 0.4
- adb shell settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.4
Improve Power Management- adb shell settings put global cached_apps_freezer enabled
- adb shell settings put global app_standby_enabled 1
- adb shell settings put global adaptive_battery_management_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure long_press_timeout 250
- adb shell settings put secure multi_press_timeout 250
- adb shell settings put global app_restriction_enabled true
- adb shell settings put system intelligent_sleep_mode 0
- adb shell settings put secure adaptive_sleep 0
- adb shell settings put system multicore_packet_scheduler 1
Disable Google Stuff- adb shell settings put secure smartspace 0
- adb shell settings put secure systemui.google.opa_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system gearhead:driving_mode_settings_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put global hotword_detection_enabled 0
Disable Gestures- adb shell settings put global ambient_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure aware_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure doze_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_sleep 0
- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_wake 0
- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_wake_up 0
- adb shell settings put system lift_to_wake 0
- adb shell settings put secure hush_gesture_used 0
- adb shell settings put secure volume_hush_gesture 0
- adb shell settings put secure silence_gesture 0
- adb shell settings put secure skip_gesture 0
- adb shell settings put secure wake_gesture_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure one_handed_mode_activated 0
- adb shell settings put secure one_handed_mode_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system master_motion 0
- adb shell settings put system motion_engine 0
- adb shell settings put system air_motion_engine 0
- adb shell settings put system air_motion_wake_up 0
Disable Sound & Vibration Feedback- adb shell settings put global power_sounds_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure charging_sounds_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system charging_vibration_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system lockscreen_sounds_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system sound_effects_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system dtmf_tone 0
- adb shell settings put system haptic_feedback_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system haptic_feedback_intensity 0
- adb shell settings put system hardware_haptic_feedback_intensity 0
- adb shell settings put system media_vibration_intensity 0
- adb shell settings put system notification_light_pulse 0
Improve Vibrations- adb shell settings put system vibrate_when_ringing 1
- adb shell settings put system ring_vibration_intensity 3
- adb shell settings put system notification_vibration_intensity 3
Disable Screen Saver- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_sleep 0
- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_dock 0
Enable Progressive Ringtone- adb shell settings put global apply_ramping_ringer 1
Disable Samsung Cross-Device Sync- adb shell settings put system mcf_continuity 0
- adb shell settings put system mcf_continuity_permission_denied 1
- adb shell settings put system mcf_permission_denied 1
RAM Plus Configurations- adb shell settings put global ram_expand_size_list 0,1,2,4,6,8,12,16
Reboot and select desired RAM PLUS size from Settings, Battery section.
RECOMMENDED AFTER UPDATE
Optimise Battery- adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job
Clear All Apps Cache (Enter multiple times)- adb shell pm trim-caches 999999999999999999 (multiple times)
Force Stop Apps- adb shell am force-stop com.package.name (Create .bat file containing all packages)
#I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE
Pixel is too stable, got kinda lame with time. With S22 i have more room to play with by tweaking and improving. Pixel 6 has a perfect battery, perfect camera, and that's all i need, but i can work on S22 to try and make it better (i know it'll never be pixel 6)
Some apps will have crash, expecially settings and you can't turn on wifi, 4g, adb, can't swipe status bar, and settings cannot be open. These are the problems in S22 and S22+ caused (sometimes) if u not restore apps, then you are forced to restore and wipe all data.Is it mandatory to reinstall all the apps before updating? Because I've reinstalled everything and the phone is slower, laggy and drains more battery. I've read through the thread that it is advisable to do it, but I would like to know more and what happens if I don't reinstall everything
Thanks for the very precise informationSome apps will have crash, expecially settings and you can't turn on wifi, 4g, adb, can't swipe status bar, and settings cannot be open. These are the problems in S22 and S22+ caused (sometimes) if u not restore apps, then you are forced to restore and wipe all data.
IMO, XDA is a forum for more advanced users. Although it has regular news posts I think the main idea is to share phone mods. Beginners need to expect bad results until they are no longer beginners. That is on them and not on you.
I did however, follow all the ADB commands that are suggested in OP. I'm running on FHD+, Adaptive Motion Smoothness (via Galaxy Max Hz app), Processing speed set to Optimized. Enabled CPU Responsiveness, enabled performance limit. I know it sounds crazy, but I get the best of both worlds with the performance limit ON and CPU Responsiveness ON, the phone is insanely fast and battery is great. I tried different combinations and this has been my best result in terms of battery life and I'm still at 42%. My benchmarks are still 1200, 3400.