wheres the updated one?
Thx again for your work.
If i'm reading it correctly, BrightnessBNR is bound to auto brightness, and DrmEventService is something about some app that streams/uses protected data like Netflix, so i'm guessing that this app is safely to disableAmazing, Enjoy!
I'm looking into some processes like "DrmEventService" under running services & apps like "Themes service", "BrightnessBNR", "Android System" and others consuming a lot of power in the background.
You can see those under app info of each app or in developer options.
Yes, you're right. The problem is they're all tied to one main service which is "Android System" and which can't be removed. Until now, i put the app to sleep by setting it to restricted in battery settings like advised in OP.
Bizarrely, "SecVideoEngineService" isn't related to wifi calling. Can you confirm by disabling it again after you make sure wifi calling is working ? I just want to make sure it is related to Wifi calling. Thank you
Where do we do that?
New updates to OPSome of these tweaks are shared with my other thread:
Google Pixel Optimization Guide
GENERAL BATTERY/PERFORMANCE SETTINGS
To Start With- Factory Reset.
- DON'T use Smart Switch
Settings App- Adaptive Battery: DISABLED.
- Synchronization: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Location: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Advanced features/Gestures: DISABLED
- Auto download System Update over Wi-Fi: DISABLED
- Auto optimise daily: ENABLED
- Auto restart at set times: ENABLED
- RAM Plus: LOWEST
- Bluetooth Scanning (Location services): DISABLED
- Usage & Diagnostics: DISABLED
- Advertising ID: DELETE
- Advanced Features: ALL OFF (If not really needed)
- System Sound/Vibration Control: ALL OFF
- Network Mode: 2G/3G/4G (Or use Samsung Band Selection)
- Always On Display (AoD): DISABLED
- System-Wide Dark Mode: ENABLED
Background Usage Limits- Put unused apps to Sleep: DISABLED
- Sleeping Apps: All apps except apps you need instant notifications from.
- Deep Sleeping Apps: All your inactive apps.
Google Settings- Nearby connections: DISABLED
- Devices: DISABLED
- Nearby Share: DISABLED (turn it off again when not in use).
- Emergency Location Service: DISABLED
Accessibility Settings- Reduce Blur: ENABLED
Developer Options:- Background Check: DISABLED
- Multicore Packet Scheduler: ENABLED
- Suspend execution of Cached apps (under dev options): ENABLED
- Animation scale (3 entries) : x0.5
Home Screen- Apply dark black Amoled Wallpaper
- Apply dark theme to Wallpaper
GENERAL BATTERY/PERFORMANCE FIXES
Battery Calibration (When %Randomly Jumps/Drops)- Use your phone normally till it turns off automatically.
- Wait a few minutes, try to turn it on again, to make sure it's really dead.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- While still plugged in, turn it on, apply calibration using Battery Calibration Pro.
- Reboot while still plugged in
- Unplug your phone then use it normally until it dies again.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- Turn it on, unplug it, enjoy
Battery Calibration (Method #2)- Download Battery Calibration Pro
- Fully charge your phone
- Unplug your phone
Other calibration methods can be found here
Fix General Battery Drain- Go to Permission Manager, check for any excess permissions, like location, camera or nearby devices.
Fix General Performance- Boot into recovery
- Clear cache partition 3 times.
- Repair apps.
Fix OneUI LagGo to Settings, Apps. Enable "show system apps" then look for each of:
"OneUI Home", "Your Keyboard", "Android System", "System UI", & all the "Gesture" apps.
- Under app info, Battery, set to UNRESTRICTED
Fix UI Frame Drop/StutterSettings, Apps, show system apps.
- Clear App Data & Cache of "Always-on Display"
Fix Apps Lag- Download CCleaner
- Give it all permissions required
- Delete all apps caches
- Go to apps and Force stop all apps
- Uninstall CCleaner then reboot.
- Download & install latest versions of Galaxy App Booster & Samsung Good Guardians.
- Launch Good Guardian & select Galaxy App booster
- Launch it and leave your phone till it's done.
Fix Google Apps Battery drainGo to Settings, Apps. Enable "show system apps" then look for each of:
"Google Play Store", "Google Services Framework", "Google Play Services", "Chrome", "WebView" & "Google App".
- Clear data & cache
- Uninstall Updates
- Force Stop
- Reboot, let them update and follow setup.
- Turn Sync Off
- Auto Update Apps: DISABLED
Fix Camera Experience- Wipe Data & Cache of Camera app, reboot to Safe mode, do it again, then reboot normally.
- Turn off location tags, and location permission for the camera app.
- Turn off Scene Optimizer
- Move all camera modes (portrait, food, etc ..) to the "More" section.
- Try Google camera, from Zoran (ZGCam)
Fix Fingerprint ExperienceGo to Settings, Biometrics and security, fingerprints:
- Turn on "Fingerprint always on"
- Turn off "Show animation when unlocking"
Go to Settings, Biometrics and security, more biometrics settings:
- Turn off "Show unlock transition effect"
Under Settings, Apps.
- Set battery usage to "Unrestricted" for "com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting".
Fix Spotify Battery Drain- Under Spotify settings, turn off "Spotify connect in the background" (This won't stop background music playing).
Fix Slow App Install TimeUnder General Google Play Store settings
- "App Install Optimisation": DISABLED
Fix OLED Burn-in/Ghosting- Download LCD Burn-in Wiper
- Disable Auto-brightness
- Set Brightness to 100%
- Launch a 2 hours session
Fix Speaker crackling- Download Speaker cleaner
- Set your volume to max
- Put your phone face down
Fix Google Chrome- Page Preloading: DISABLED
- QUIC protocol: ENABLED
- Smooth Scrolling: ENABLED
- Parallel Downloading: ENABLED
- Auto Dark Mode for Web Content: ENABLED
Fix Reddit- Theme: AMOLED
- Autoplay videos: OFF
Remove Ads System-WideGo to settings, connections, more connections settings, look for Private DNS.
- Set: dns.adguard.com as custom dns & save.
- Close all apps then reboot.
Unlock More Gallery Features- Go to Gallery App, Settings, About.
- Tap version number multiple times
- You'll find more options under "Labs"
Google Camera Port- Exynos GCAM Port ZGcam
You're gonna need:REMOVE BLOATWARE
- ADB AppControl (Windows)
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Latest presets attached at the bottom of this post
- You have to enable USB debugging and "Always authorise" on your phone
Go to "Systems" tab in AppControl
- Load "Debloat Preset"
- Take a look at all what's going to be removed and unselect apps & features you need.
- Apply Uninstall while checking "delete data & cache".
- Restart your phone to recovery, wipe cache partition, then Repair Apps.
- This is a list of ALL what's removable besides what's needed for boot.
- This list doesn't contain any feature
- Uncheck only what you need (features and apps).
- Or go to "Uninstall" section in AC, search and restore the features you need.
- Keep in mind that deleted apps will all be restored after factory reset.
- Restore all apps before updating your phone
Backup Your Current Parameters First- adb devices
- adb shell settings list global > global_stock.txt
- adb shell settings list system > system_stock.txt
- adb shell settings list secure > secure_stock.txt
If you want to check parameter's state, replace "put" with "get" and remove value.
Ex: For "animator_duration_scale"
- adb shell settings get global animator_duration_scale
Custom Animation ScaleSame as in Developer settings
- adb shell settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.4
- adb shell settings put global transition_animation_scale 0.4
- adb shell settings put global window_animation_scale 0.4
RAM Plus Configurations (Method #1)- adb shell settings put global ram_expand_size_list 0,1,2,4,6,8,12,16
Reboot and set the size you want (1GB recommended).
RAM Plus Configurations (Method #2)Size is in Mb
- adb shell settings put global ram_expand_size 1024
Disable User Manual/Tips/Remote Support (Setting item)- Install Samsung Tips from Galaxy Store
- adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.tips
- adb shell settings put global online_manual_url 0
- adb shell settings put system remote_control 0
- Force Stop Settings app
Improve Audio Experience- adb shell settings put system tube_amp_effect 1
Disable Sound Effects on Interaction- adb shell settings put system sound_effects_enabled 0
Enable Progressive Ringtone- adb shell settings put global apply_ramping_ringer 1
Disable Motion Engines- adb shell settings put system master_motion 0
- adb shell settings put system motion_engine 0
- adb shell settings put system air_motion_engine 0
- adb shell settings put system air_motion_wake_up 0
Disable Samsung Cross-Device Sync- adb shell settings put system mcf_continuity 0
- adb shell settings put system mcf_continuity_permission_denied 1
- adb shell settings put system mcf_permission_denied 1
Disable Gestures- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_wake 0
- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_wake_up 0
- adb shell settings put secure double_tap_to_sleep 0
- adb shell settings put secure wake_gesture_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put system lift_to_wake 0
- adb shell settings put secure volume_hush_gesture 0
- adb shell settings put secure hush_gesture_used 0
- adb shell settings put secure silence_gesture 0
- adb shell settings put secure skip_gesture 0
Disable Screen Saver- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_enabled 0
- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_sleep 0
- adb shell settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_dock 0
Disable Smart Stay- adb shell settings put system intelligent_sleep_mode 0
- adb shell settings put secure adaptive_sleep 0
Refresh Rate Upper/Lower LimitsChoose what settings suit you best (1/10/24/48/60/96/120)
- adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 120.0
- adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 60.0
Boost Apps (Same as Galaxy App Booster)- adb shell cmd package compile -m speed-profile -a
Clear All Apps Cache (Enter multiple times)- adb shell pm trim-caches 999999999999999999
Force Stop Apps- adb shell am force-stop com.package.name
(You can create Batch files containing all packages)
I did however, follow all the ADB commands that are suggested in OP. I'm running on FHD+, Adaptive Motion Smoothness (via Galaxy Max Hz app), Processing speed set to Optimized. Enabled CPU Responsiveness, enabled performance limit. I know it sounds crazy, but I get the best of both worlds with the performance limit ON and CPU Responsiveness ON, the phone is insanely fast and battery is great. I tried different combinations and this has been my best result in terms of battery life and I'm still at 42%. My benchmarks are still 1200, 3400.
1- I have been uninstalling apps over adb for a long time now, and from a functionality standpoint, they don't interfere with the user experience, but on the contrary, uninstalling them improves the experience.Some of those apks on the block list just sit there and do nothing unless needed.
You need to know what you're blocking and if it really needs/should to blocked.
Dependencies, dependencies, dependencies, the app names and functions can be deceiving.
Samsung's have so many features you may never realize what you lost and for little or no gain.
The Google system and user apps are some of the worst offenders.