Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 - Move apps to SD Problem

Search This thread

viper_ad

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. (Android OS, v4.0.4)

I am trying to move the apps installed to SD but its not happening there is no such option i tried the well known apps on play store for this task but they also don't have any such feature when installed on my phone. One of them even has it posted on its app description as given below:

Galaxy S3 is not supported:
* Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
Not supported devices:
* Galaxy S3, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Tablets
* read FAQ 10 for details: App 2 SD > MENU > Settings > About > FAQ

I have also tried the adb shell pm set-install-location 2 command in the proper way.(The same command worked for my HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S).:confused:
So, Guys is there a way to move apps to the SD card, WITHOUT ROOTING. Just give me any information you might have about this. I am
assuming this i a problem with the Samsung Android OS.

Since its gonna be my everyday usage phone, i don't feel like playing around or changing the stock OS.:cyclops:
Minor tweaks are alright.

Thanks Guys.:cowboy:

Tyraenor

Jun 26, 2011
Yes I have the same issue and would like to know if that is possible.

I know there is a fix for the SIII but you need root and I do not know if there is a rooting solution for this phone already.
Please let us know if there is root and/or non-root solution available...

Thank you very much!

Reactions: bonjourno

timber1952

Nov 19, 2012
Yes I have the same issue and would like to know if that is possible.

I know there is a fix for the SIII but you need root and I do not know if there is a rooting solution for this phone already.
Please let us know if there is root and/or non-root solution available...

Thank you very much!

Hi,

I install my apps in normal way. Afterwards I open the standard filemanager, go to the app directory and use the menue button. Then choose "move" and transfer the app directory to the extSdcard and fill in. Now use the app and have fun. Most of my apps operate from the extSdcard without any problem.

regards
timber1952

viper_ad

Nov 27, 2010
Guys i called up Samsung the person at the call center tried to argue with me and give me all the procedures and information like i was a noob (the same things we all have tried or read on the net.) It seems they also don't know that they have a problem !! So, I got angry so he said he'll arrange a call from "TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATIVE" ( the names they think for position to make them sound important :))

And when i got from this above mentioned person she tried to give me the same answer but when i further protested she accepted that this is a limitation of the OS customizations by Samsung.

So, Guys only solution to this problem -- Use a Custom ROM..(CM or some other i don't know)
Please post the name and version, if some one is happy with the Custom ROM they might be using on this phone. (like if it has all the features running)

Last edited:

suhaibkhilji

Dec 4, 2012
Guys i called up Samsung the person at the call center tried to argue with me and give me all the procedures and information like i was a noob (the same things we all have tried or read on the net.) It seems they also don't know that they have a problem !! So, I got angry so he said he'll arrange a call from "TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATIVE" ( the names they think for position to make them sound important :))

And when i got from this above mentioned person she tried to give me the same answer but when i further protested she accepted that this is a limitation of the OS customizations by Samsung.

So, Guys only solution to this problem -- Use a Custom ROM..(CM or some other i don't know)
Please post the name and version, if some one is happy with the Custom ROM they might be using on this phone. (like if it has all the features running)

Good you made the lady accept this is an OS issue, did you ask will it be fixed in the upgrade by Samsung (sooner or later)

bonjourno

Oct 28, 2011
Cairo
about.me
Hi,

I install my apps in normal way. Afterwards I open the standard filemanager, go to the app directory and use the menue button. Then choose "move" and transfer the app directory to the extSdcard and fill in. Now use the app and have fun. Most of my apps operate from the extSdcard without any problem.

regards
timber1952

Hii
Are u sure this is a right way and it's going to work normaly....
Please send us the app path to move to sd... but be sure please..:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

mvrk69

Sep 9, 2011
Coimbra
Isn't there anyway to swap sdcard by extSdCard?

/dev/fuse gets mounted on /sdcard - internatl storage

I've tried with a script on init.d to umount /sdcard and then mount mount my external sdcard on /sdcard, but doesn't work, it mounts /dev/fuse again on /sdcard :(

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Isn't there anyway to swap sdcard by extSdCard?

/dev/fuse gets mounted on /sdcard - internatl storage

I've tried with a script on init.d to umount /sdcard and then mount mount my external sdcard on /sdcard, but doesn't work, it mounts /dev/fuse again on /sdcard :(

I think i got it, now my sdcard partition (/dev/block/mmcblk1p1) apears mounted on /mnt/sdcard along with /dev/fuse wich is kind of weird, but is working:

[email protected]:/mnt/sdcard # busybox mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 on /system type ext4 (ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,discard)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 on /persist type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 on /efs type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/sys/kernel/debug on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/sdcard type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

[email protected]:/mnt/sdcard # busybox df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 322.7M 84.0K 322.6M 0% /dev
tmpfs 322.7M 0 322.7M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 322.7M 0 322.7M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
1.1G 836.4M 314.4M 73% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25
1.8G 1.6G 192.3M 89% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
7.9M 4.0M 3.8M 51% /persist
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
492.1M 8.2M 483.9M 2% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19
11.8M 4.1M 7.7M 35% /efs
/dev/fuse 12.8G 1.3G 11.5G 10% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 12.8G 1.3G 11.5G 10% /mnt/sdcard

affan848

Jan 28, 2013
good!

Hi,

regards
timber1952

very good I got it...
also set "show hidden files"
then u will be able to move files to sd card...
thanks a lot...

sree.panoor

Jan 29, 2013
samsaung galaxy s dous

Same here. Cant move apps2sd. Getting an error " script not installed" while using S2E. the method timber1952 posted didnt worked for me.

akshay007dhore

Jul 13, 2012
Mumbai
Still stuck on link2sd.......:cool:

I swaped external sd to internal sd.......
See the screenshot.....no need to partition n all

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362116511616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362116511616.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,595
Reactions: orion1978

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. (Android OS, v4.0.4)

I am trying to move the apps installed to SD but its not happening there is no such option i tried the well known apps on play store for this task but they also don't have any such feature when installed on my phone. One of them even has it posted on its app description as given below:

Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    Not supported devices:
    * Galaxy S3, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Tablets
    * read FAQ 10 for details: App 2 SD > MENU > Settings > About > FAQ

I have also tried the adb shell pm set-install-location 2 command in the proper way.(The same command worked for my HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S).:confused:
    So, Guys is there a way to move apps to the SD card, WITHOUT ROOTING. Just give me any information you might have about this. I am
    assuming this i a problem with the Samsung Android OS.

Since its gonna be my everyday usage phone, i don't feel like playing around or changing the stock OS.:cyclops:
    Minor tweaks are alright.

Thanks Guys.:cowboy:
    link2sd app works great in s7562

i wanna know is there any way for unrooted s duos to move apps to sd.......