Samsung Galaxy S II IceCreamSandwich (ICS) SDK port

Search This thread

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Using Gingerbread as a base presumably?

Given the amount of "non-standard" hardware in the SGS2, you'll need support libs from either an existing non-AOSP OEM firmware, or from CM7 won't you?

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
source is the power, says cyanogen. wont this be useless when the sources are released? wont this feel like wasting cuz when sources is released, other devs will easily make those ICS roms, instead of porting it.

well anyway good luck to the dev! :D

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
source is the power, says cyanogen. wont this be useless when the sources are released? wont this feel like wasting cuz when sources is released, other devs will easily make those ICS roms, instead of porting it.

well anyway good luck to the dev! :D

That's not the point. Of course, a dump would be a lot better. But being the first to port and get a working SDK rom... Now that's where the fun is :p

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Essex, England
www.villainrom.co.uk
I for one don't see this working as every device seems to be getting the same LibC error at the moment (except for some reason the G2).

The best hope seems to be getting a HC rom to work then using the boot.img from that to boot the ICS sdk port. (this is what we believe happened with the G2 to get it to boot)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dell 0000000000000
    dell 00000000000
    http://www.multiupload.com/UJL79E673D => Here you go guys, Boot.img with modified init.rc from Biohazard_ . We don't have a proper sdk for now, we're downloading it. But you can try it and report.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I'm not going to make a port for those who call me a cheater.
    I'll fix my phone, I will give vidio clip or screenshots.
    I do not need your donations. but the port I will not now lay public.

kk. We will do it with or without you. :)
    Galnet - Please dont listen to him, we all suspect he's a fraudster, everyone else in the SG2 community is top notch.

Though like i put in my previous post, if he's not a fraudster and can actually help, we'll all be very happy to admit out mistake.

I know this isn't XDA policy and I apologizes for this, but I can smell a bull****er from miles away, and anyone who truly did a port wouldn't be hiding it, as they themselves would know the fame they would get for releasing it.

IT'S time for the bullshitting to stop and let's get down to getting this running on our SGS II devices.

Just my two cents.!
    Dear users.
    I was ready to lay out an alpha version ready.
    but first noticed that my topic moved Moderator then add these tags
    Considering I fraudsters.
    so I finish work on the port
    in confirmation of the fact that the port was, I'll post vidio alpha version.

Goodbye and good luck to all.

Now this is the wrong way going about being noticed. If you have any form of a working port then it be rightful that you share it with the community.

By saying that you have a working port, but are not in the position to share will get you flamed.

People are crying out for my help, but if this is the way the community is going to be, then I think I may pass on the help, and stick to the I9000 port.

Now for others:

From going over the current Kernels available NONE of them are able to boot ICS. What is required is a CUSTOM "Boot.img" which loads "filterfw.jar" amongst the others.

As I'm not a kernel developer here is my cry for help.

If anyone could be kind enough to provide/compile a kernel with this requirement it would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Mat.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone