• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy S II Plus [Release date in August or September]

Search This thread

__NBH__

May 20, 2011
I thought the galaxy sii mini was going to be like this but only a single core 1.4ghz cpu which seems more likely. Why would they release a phone with a slightly faster processor, its not like the current phone is slow and surely the current phone will get 2.3.4 soon anyway.

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
Just about everyone using Tegrak's OC tool has been able to hit 1.4 GHz. Heck, even some kernels are being released at 1.504 GHz stock. So, the CPUs in our devices are perfectly capable of the 1.2 -> 1.4 jump, just not sure what the point to all that is given everything runs smooth already at 1.0GHz even.

DVC1985

Apr 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Seems overly pointless to me, when a firmware & kernel upgrade could easily handle the 1.4GHz upgrade and provide 2.3.4 at the same time.

There will no doubt be other 'new' features(NFC hardware etc) but if that's the main selling point of the phone then I'll kinda lose a little respect for my beloved Samsung. The least they could do is develop their chip to run at 2GHz stably and develop a battery that can keep it running for a whole weekend without needing to be charged. That'd be an upgrade worth paying for.

Reactions: a67543210

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems overly pointless to me, when a firmware & kernel upgrade could easily handle the 1.4GHz upgrade and provide 2.3.4 at the same time.

There will no doubt be other 'new' features(NFC hardware etc) but if that's the main selling point of the phone then I'll kinda lose a little respect for my beloved Samsung. The least they could do is develop their chip to run at 2GHz stably and develop a battery that can keep it running for a whole weekend without needing to be charged. That'd be an upgrade worth paying for.