• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G ROOT

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
yes it is, there are 2 or 3 threads where people go over the methods they followed

Unfortunately that is for exynos. Not sure how many people need to know how to systemlessly root an exynos. Full root might be more useful for exynos users but good ol' snapdragon has everyone in a pickle (most everyone.)

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Unfortunately that is for exynos. Not sure how many people need to know how to systemlessly root an exynos. Full root might be more useful for exynos users but good ol' snapdragon has everyone in a pickle (most everyone.)
there's zero difference in how both models are rooted. systemless root has been the standard method for all androids for a long time now.

Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G rootable?
Yeah almost every phone is rootable but it will either cost money or if you've updated your firmware then you'll have to wait until they figure out how to get past it, assuming they do, they always have just takes time. If you have updated your firmware you can look in to selling your device and buying one that hasn't been updated. I can give you more pointers on how to find phones that haven't been updated for cheap but that's only if your interested and no I'm not selling anything.

Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G rootable?
Yeah almost every phone is rootable but it will either cost money or if you've updated your firmware then you'll have to wait until they figure out how to get past it, assuming they do, they always have just takes time. If you have updated your firmware you can look in to selling your device and buying one that hasn't been updated. I can give you more pointers on how to find phones that haven't been updated for cheap but that's only if your interested and no I'm not selling anything.
there's zero difference in how both models are rooted.
Oh really. So then why does snapdragon lock the bootloader while exynos doesn't? Not to mention a root that works on exynos won't necessarily work on snapdragon. I thought this was fairly well known.

What exactly are you referring to by model?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London

Oh really. So then why does snapdragon lock the bootloader while exynos doesn't? Not to mention a root that works on exynos won't necessarily work on snapdragon. I thought this was fairly well known.

What exactly are you referring to by model?
magisk doesn't have different versions for different devices and it's been the standard root method for a few years now. since version 22 how it works has changed for all new phones.
I'm on a snapdragon that didn't have a locked bootloader because that's only done in the US market (at the request of or to please US carriers I'm guessing). SM-G780 is a model number of the Exynos S20FE... SM-G781 is the Qualcomm, they both use the exact same method to obtain root.

there's zero difference in how both models are rooted. systemless root has been the standard method for all androids for a long time now.
I didn't see your other post. I'm not really in to getting in to these debates online not really my thing but I still use full root myself and systemless as well. They both have their pros and cons. I suppose I prefer to edit system files myself to overclock the device instead of depending on an app to do it for me.

There are lots of people still using full root. I think a long time in terms of electronics can be hard to pinpoint. I've used full root way more times than I've used systemless but I guess that's just because I've been doing it for a long time. I know some linux phones you can buy don't come with systemless root but only come with full root and they don't make systemless root phones off the shelf like they do full root for a reason. To each their own.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
google and OEMs have made messing around with the system partition harder, it's read only now and overlays are how edits are mostly done. plus there are more apps that won't run if root is detected, systemless gives you the chance to evade that detection if you want it.
CF-autoroot is pretty much dead, the superSU app is owned by a private company and Chainfire had moved on.

have a read of this
this is rooting today, it's very different

google and OEMs have made messing around with the system partition harder, it's read only now and overlays are how edits are mostly done. plus there are more apps that won't run if root is detected, systemless gives you the chance to evade that detection if you want it.
CF-autoroot is pretty much dead, the superSU app is owned by a private company and Chainfire had moved on.

have a read of this
this is rooting today, it's very different
Oh thanks for the info. Yeah I've definitely used systemless. I did like it but of course there's nothing like doing it yourself. Although I rooted phones back in the day I've also used Magisk though I could've swore I was able to use vi and edit system files that would've been unreadable and definitely unwritable but I'm pretty sure I just changed the mount of whatever it was I was working on from ro to rw with 'mount -o remount,rw /' I'm to lazy to pull up Magisk I think I have it on a tablet somewhere. I probably also changed the file permissions with chmod or chown then chmod but I think there are some files you can't change using systemless now that I think about it hence the name systemless I dunno it's been awhile since I messed around with rooted phones.

After awhile you realize how vulnerable the device is after root and then when you think you can trust these apps that have root access then someone announces they found "_______" app pulling user information... I'm definitely not referring to any apps used anymore but it was the app people used before they used Magisk and it pretty much did the same thing but I wouldn't be surprised if newer root apps did the same.

Wait you said since SDK 22? Was systemless even around then? I don't think it was. I know it's been around for awhile but not that long.

I did find out something pretty funny when this guy was rooting people's phones and he had a contact in China... I was determined to find out who this Chinaman was. Well I don't think I should really say out of respect because he clearly didn't want people to know where he was from but yeah I guess I'll have to keep that to myself but it was pretty funny to say the least.

Also this was before rona so him being from wherever was irrelevant I just wanted to get it cheaper than what everyone else was paying. Turned out to be some old guy and unsurprisingly as you've assumed, not from China, or was he? He actually just unlocks phones and didn't acknowledge I even used the word root, he was thinking "oh no, they've found me."

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@Flucker08 I meant since version22 of magisk not SDK22.

rooting with magisk used to be something you could do all from a custom recovery. now you have to download your firmware and patch it with magisk on your phone and then flash the patched image from PC

onken

May 1, 2012
Hello

Please tell me, if i rooted Samsung s20 FE 5G ( Snapdragon ) can update new Firmware its Odin ? and not lost my all user data ? ( i hope to not must clear ) and rooted again ?

Please write, how to do it ?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
after the first time rooting and unlocking the bootloader (so you could root) you wouldn't have to wipe again.
you would download the updated firmware, patch the AP file from your phone same as before and flash the downloaded firmware and patched AP all together in Odin @onken

if you select CSC_home for the CSC partition your user data will not be wiped !!

onken

May 1, 2012
Hi

Ok, thanks for info @3mel

Please tell me yet, patch the AP i must prepare before flash new update firmware ?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hi

Please tell me yet, patch the AP i must prepare before flash new update firmware ?
yes, you download the update from somewhere. extract the AP file from the archive and copy to the phone. run magisk from the phone and wait till it's finished. copy the patched file back to your computer and use it along with the rest of the firmware files. again for CSC you MUST use the HOME_CSC file and not the regular CSC if you don't want the phone wiped.
that last part only applies when updating the phone, the first time you root you will have to wipe.

Reactions: javisky
Hi

It is advised against updating after root. If you're on exynos I don't know but snapdragon it will make you lose root and no getting it back. It's said you can do it by removing the boot files from the firmware before flashing but I haven't tried just heard about it. Honestly you should just leave it. You aren't missing out on any amazing features. Most updates are security and if you're root you don't have much anyways.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

yes, you download the update from somewhere. extract the AP file from the archive and copy to the phone. run magisk from the phone and wait till it's finished. copy the patched file back to your computer and use it along with the rest of the firmware files. again for CSC you MUST use the HOME_CSC file and not the regular CSC if you don't want the phone wiped.
    that last part only applies when updating the phone, the first time you root you will have to wipe.