Question Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra Snapdragon RF test

Search This thread

Sylarx7

Jun 7, 2020
Friends I have a s21 ultra Snapdragon SM g9989 hong kong. To be able to use 4G+ I used the google phone with code *#*#27663367382#*#* and I could activate the bands I need. But when you updated android 12, the code no longer works and I can't activate the bands

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Upgraded to 12, first mistake.
You'll need the new access code... good luck with Samsung tech support, you'll need it.
Maybe roll it back if possible...12 is known to be a wittle b****.

Reactions: Sylarx7

johnb4200

Jan 13, 2011
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
You'll need the new access code... good luck with Samsung tech support, you'll need it.
Ok so download a short cut manager app. And the option is under phone settings network

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-150221_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-150221_Call settings.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20220205-150210_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-150210_Call settings.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 46

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Be careful with that app. There are somethings you don't want to trigger to run. Use only specifically what you need. I wouldn't go nuts exploring with that.

Took me a couple days to find and repair a system app setting that was altered. It wasn't easy, and the only other way to repair it be a factory reset.
Do Not open Android system apks with it🤭🤣🤣

The functionality as shown can only be used to force select specific bands to be used - while preventing others to be used - all within the current possibilities of the phone. It will however not unlock/activate any bands on your phone nor add any new.

Also, when bands in your selection are not supported by your network or by your provider of by your phone, they will not be employed and are in fact being ingnored.

It can still be useful to make band selections though.

My main use case for band selection app/hidden settings (both do the same!) ‐ in combination with cell mast info from Cellmapper App ‐ is to prevent unnecessary and undesired network/cell mast switching at my holiday house, which is situated in a remote rural location with poor reception. By selecting the right set of bands (and thus switching off others), I can force my phone to remain connected to one particular cell mast. That way the phone battery is not being depleted by constant scanning and reconnecting to different masts. As a result the standby time is increased (in my situation) by more than 15 hours.

Other use case for me is at my home location, to force selection to a particular mast, not the nearest with strongest signal, to enfore use of higher frequency bands and CA, to get greater data speeds - thereby increasing speed from 10 Mbps to 50 Mbps in comparison with automatic network selection.

By the way, there is no harm or danger to use these band selections apps or settings. Settings made wrt the network mode in regular (unhidden) network mode settings, will override/switch off and reset the band selections you have made. (E.g. set network mode to automatic)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Friends I have a s21 ultra Snapdragon SM g9989 hong kong. To be able to use 4G+ I used the google phone with code *#*#27663367382#*#* and I could activate the bands I need. But when you updated android 12, the code no longer works and I can't activate the bands
    A local phone shop may be kind enough to share the new code with you or give a work around.
    Samsung tech support is notoriously unhelpful.
    So you're good to go?
    Screenshot_20220205-213943_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20220205-214106_Shortcut Maker.jpgScreenshot_20220205-214903_Shortcut Maker.jpgScreenshot_20220205-213943_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20220205-214106_Shortcut Maker.jpgScreenshot_20220205-214903_Shortcut Maker.jpgjust follow those steps in shortcut maker
    I just use Samsung band selection on google play