Question Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra EDL MODE?

Search This thread

Kausas

Feb 12, 2019
anyone knows how to start edl mode?KG is locked, flash through Odin does not work.(all binaries are not allowed to be flashed due to kg locked)(FLD)

Last edited:

curtislin

May 10, 2013
I think shorting test point working. I had tried on my S22. But the key point is we can't get the firehose loader file.

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Also, some (many? all?) OEM Firehose loaders know whether you're OEM locked. The loader could be patched, but that won't do you any good if SecureBoot is enabled.

Semi-related: I have a loader for my "unlocked" (that isn't yet OEM unlocked) Moto G and adb reboot edl works fine. You can even print out the GPT, but any read returns "range error". I've seen that on retail locked devices.

To find test points it's best to look for contiguous points, check with a DVM that one is ~0V and one is ~1.8V. Don't just short stuff indiscriminately. Use a resistor that's 1k or so. That's low enough that an input doesn't notice it and high enough that a power supply will not mind it.

Meminsim

Dec 16, 2020
No need to connect test points. There is a video on youtube which works. Just search for `

Enter EDL Mode (QUALCOMM 9008) On Samsung S21, S22, Note20 Using EDL Cable.`​

curtislin

May 10, 2013

Attachments

• 20221129_045835.jpg
    20221129_045835.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96