Question Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra vs S21 Ultra: What's the rumored difference?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No one is artificially jacking up prices. You said it yourself... its an economic downturn. We're in a pandemic with global shortages. That's what happens to prices. Besides all that, no one even comes close to the incentives Samsung dishes out for their pre-orders.

And get over it with the SD card. No one will listen to your whines. Equalizer for savvy consumers? Lmao. With that mentality no one would've bought an iPhone. If you can't afford the new phone keep your mouth shut and stop spewing bs.

Tried to show some respect but now that it's pretty clear you're trolling, I'll respond accordingly.
Allow me to retort...
You failed to address the availability issue. It was an issue 2+ years and more so today. Those 512gb phones will be in short supply and in the market will bear inflated prices; supply and demand.
This wasn't how Henry Ford got rich and left his competition in the dust.
Smaller production runs add cost, take away overall value and reduce reliability. I know, I did this for decades. Larger production runs are far better, more profitable and cheaper to make... better for all.

Yeah it really sucks having a 1tb dual drive phone and ok, I'll rub it in since you started whining "troll" because you have no valid counterpoint.
Graciously accepting inferior products or policies only leads to a worse outcome for the people.
If you're a Samsung employee... remember LG🤣

hand-filer

Sep 21, 2021
Allow me to retort...
You failed to address the availability issue. It was an issue 2+ years and more so today. Those 512gb phones will be in short supply and in the market will bear inflated prices; supply and demand.
This wasn't how Henry Ford got rich and left his competition in the dust.
Smaller production runs add cost, take away overall value and reduce reliability. I know, I did this for decades. Larger production runs are far better, more profitable and cheaper to make... better for all.

Yeah it really sucks having a 1tb dual drive phone and ok, I'll rub it in since you started whining "troll" because you have no valid counterpoint.
Graciously accepting inferior products or policies only leads to a worse outcome for the people.
If you're a Samsung employee... remember LG🤣
Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited:
Reactions: AeroSatan

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
So the first thread about a new and unreleased phone gets trolled into oblivion by joe negative. Now I remember why I quit coming here.
Lol. I hear ya. But you seriously didn't think a Samsung thread can go without it's fair share of trolls did ya? He's probably not going to be the only one. He's an odd one though for sure. Don't need to take everyone too seriously. Cheers!

Reactions: hand-filer

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
Differences. Just off the top of my head,

- Integrated S-Pen
- Better Screen
- Better CPU/GPU
- Better Camera (Software & Hardware)
- More OS Updates
- Likely Better Battery Life
- Likely Faster Internal Memory
- Much better design with no camera island
- Probably much more updates that I can't think of

With all that said, if I had the S21 Ultra, I would not be upgrading. I have the Note 9 and will be upgrading on launch day. S22 Ultra 512 Baby.

My reason for buying that S22 U is simply my curiosity about the latest camera setup. It isn't much as we already know it, had a lot of fun with S21U camera so now I'm hoping for more with the supposedly improved processing on S22.
But I have high expectation for the whole package as well and if I run into hardware/software performance problems during my first week w/ this phone – it'll be sent back right away. Excessive heating(new SoC) and abnormal battery drainage(big 5A battery) – these two basic things will get the most of my scrutiny before everything else, though the “everything else” can't have much flaws attached to a $1,400 price tag.

After that, before I'd go back to S21U, I want to try the S22 'vanilla' – I still have big sentiment toward my old S10e phone, way back somewhere between OP6 and N10+ and the S22U is very similar: 8GB/256GB almost the same overall size(minus the external SD but much better camera setup)- I liked easy handling of that S10e phone and I think I'd keep the S22base for a long time at least as my backup/secondary phone.

Reactions: eaoosa
I'm on the fence. Currently on a Note10+5G (FWIW $1299 OCT2019). I'm disappointed about no SD on the S22U, but I just checked and I have about 400GB total and could do with some photo clean up so will I really miss it? I've got 5G and WiFi6 so nothing there. I have never thought the camera Note10+ was what it should be and that really matters to me. I take a lot of photos, either on my Sony A7R4 or my phone. IS on stills an vids is important. I don't game on my phone, so refresh rate isn't high on the list. If Trusted Places works I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Should I stay or should I go?

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
I'm on the fence. Currently on a Note10+5G (FWIW $1299 OCT2019). I'm disappointed about no SD on the S22U, but I just checked and I have about 400GB total and could do with some photo clean up so will I really miss it? I've got 5G and WiFi6 so nothing there. I have never thought the camera Note10+ was what it should be and that really matters to me. I take a lot of photos, either on my Sony A7R4 or my phone. IS on stills an vids is important. I don't game on my phone, so refresh rate isn't high on the list. If Trusted Places works I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Should I stay or should I go?

I have the Note 9 and will definitely be getting the S22 Ultra. While my Note 9 is just as fast and snappy as it was when I bought it on launch date, I'm mainly upgrading for the cameras. While the cameras are going to be an upgrade for you too, If I had the Note 10+, I'd probably wait another year. And you also have a dedicated point and shoot. As far as 400GB, yes, definitely clean up and upload and backup to your computer as well even if you're not upgrading. I have over the years backed up about 2 TB worth of photos and videos. I take a lot of them since I had my child. All my videos are 4K/60. I have a 128GB phone and a 256GB sd card. Good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: blackhawk

Hudrator

jacking up prices during a global economic downturn may not work out so well.
Huge internal size memories will do what they have in the past, cause shortages, people not getting what they due unavailability and causing even higher prices due to demand.

That silly little SD card slot is an equalizer for the savvy consumer. With it even 128gb internal memory is sufficient if you have 12-16gb of ram.
Without it even 512gb isn't enough... so you're forever watching how you load, download or wasting battery on cloud services. Far less wiggle room with a real big price tag, yeah perfect.

Which we will have to see - you have other OEMs out there who make at least questionable choices regarding hardware to keep prices on the same niveau as last year devices. We all know that during the current situation nearly everything get's more expensive. Especially all technology related components. I don't expect Samsung to equal this rise in production costs cutting there own margin. Especially in a situation where a "Prices rising due to risen production costs" is still not as questionable then the years before.
Regarding the relation of "huge internal memories" on the overall product availeability as well as price hikes - can't see them unitl now in the region i am living at. Especially as 256GB seems to be the sweetspot for most OEMs in premium sector. Just keep in mind that beside Samsung there are only a few manufacturers offering configurations lager then 256GB. Currently i am only aware of Apple and Sony in some "pro" devices.

Also you are missing the downside of that SD card - speed. Even the newest standards are slower then anything in the current flagships. Before going the 128GB + SD Card route i would prefer the "native" 256GB Version - Just because the overall flexibility of that storage vor different purposes is higher AND the convenience. Also there are changes in the overall way of offering and consume content from an enduser point of view. The point for saving battery - yes. But until now these premium devices are designed for specific usecases - not overall efficiency.

Sorry, but that is where it belongs to - decades ago. Smart factories as well as flexible production planning will at least ease this problems. So do the unified engeneering approaches as well as production sourcing. Also you have to keep in mind that the product isn't redesingned or you need huge changes in the overall processes just for change a storage configuration. This is something that can be planed easily ahead - even before you have acutal numbers of units to produce.
Don't expect the price of the "base"-configuration to change a lot. The cost will be added to the effected products while keeping your targeted margin for the overall product line.

Last edited:
Reactions: AeroSatan
I do understand your frustration with the SD cards but let's be real here. It's been gone from their top end phones for a while now. Just like the headphone jack, I doubt it's coming back. We need to move on. With that said, I'd love for it to come back as I have a Samsung256GB card I'd like to continue to use. I've used that card for more than 4 years without any issues.

I'm glad you really like your Note 10+ Similar to how I like my Note 9. If I had the Note 10+ I doubt I'd be upgrading either. At least for another year. Reason being, I want a 3 camera setup and the 10+ already has that. The main reason for my upgrade as I've said are for the cameras. I absolutely agree they're not going to be drastically better. But that's okay. It's better and definitely better than my Note 9. At this point, most top end phones take stellar photos and it's hard to come up with technology that drastically improves on it. Baby steps.

For this reason, I don't recommend people upgrade every 2 years, much less every year. Phones are getting so nice that we don't need to upgrade them as much as we used to. I started with the Dream G1 lol, then Galaxy S1 etc as mentioned above. I used to upgrade every two years but with the Note 9, I'm already over 3 years. With the S22 Ultra 512, I should be able to keep it for at least 4 years. Good luck to you my friend. Cheers.
when i got my S20+... i was so happy with it..... it had everything i needed. good camera, fast processor, sd card slot, esim (so i can have 2 active lines and the sdcard, one sim, one esim and one sdcard). the camera occasionally (ok, quite frequently) kept trying to refocus, which is very irritating.. autofocus is slow but still acceptable.. but oddly enough the phone sometimes get very hot for no reason in my pants.. so hot i had to takeit out from my pocket and let it cool down (when i am at quarry working under direct sunlight at 36degree celsius.) i am fine with all these issues.. until........

oh my god the phone got soooooo hot when i play games. it is very very bad... and within 15 minutes the phone will start to thermal throttle which makes the game unplayable..

years later, i am still using that phone. i bought a nintendo switch for games and use my phone for other stuff like.. which it works just fine..

but deep down, i am still pissed at Samsung at their audacity of launching the Exynos 990. They even switched their own domestic market Korea to snapdragon.

if it is not for these issues, i would still be using my S20+.

OKAY... another reason is i do not know how and why some water vapor got into the phone and will fog up the lens occasionally making the camera unusable. with the pandemic i need the camera to scan QR codes on a goverment app for contact tracing....

i think i would get the highest spec s22 ultra and hope it would break my record for longest phone used.. hopefully, 6 years..

First Place: Nokia 8210- 5 years
Second Place: Samsung Note 2- 4 years
Third Place: Nokia 6810- 3 years

Reactions: eaoosa
Now that the S22's have been released here's my take.

Whenever I consider an upgrade it's valuable to understand what the upgrade will offer over my current device. I wouldn't consider the S22 or S22 Plus, there's a better option in the S72 at a much lower price with features I'd use like the MicroSD, 3.5 Jack and larger display.

With the S22 Ultra the biggest improvement to me is the cameras are now flush with the back panel. The camera lenses still protrude a bit which may cause problems but the housing is gone.

Aother advantage is the 45W Charging. In practical terms it's not a big upgrade. With Super Fast Charging on the S21 Ultra it takes about an hour or less to get from 10% to fully charged. So 45W charging might reduce that by what, 15 minutes?

There's also a new Vapor Chamber to enhance heat disapation but until we get some user feedback it's too soon to check that box.

The camera upgrades are minimal, I doubt in most instances few would know if a photo or video was taken by an S21 or S22 Ultra. They're identical to the S21 Ultra cameras but the S22 Ultra goes a step further with AI, Image Stabilization and a larger ISOCell.

The S-Pen isn't a feature I would use either. Others would enjoy the benefit no doubt but I have no use for it plus I can already employ it on the S21 Ultra.

So what's left, a few new colors?

I'm not a fan of boxey devices. Actually the S22 Ultra is a Phablet which won't be easy to use one handed or slide into your front pocket. Add a case and it's profile is closer to a brick than a mobile phone.

If you are going to aquire the S22 Ultra and you need 512GB's or more internal storage, do it soon. Samsung ran out of the 512GB on the S21 Ultra in a matter of weeks. For me this is a major problem with Samsung, to get acceptable storage the price goes sky high.

If anyone can give me a good reason Samsung axed the MicroSD on S21's and S22's but still includes it on their mid-level devices I'd listen but I haven't heard one good reason yet. Because iPhone doesen't offer it? Sorry but that's a weak excuse. Also, spare everyone the swill over Cloud Storage. It's not secure, costs money every month and can't be accessed nearly as quickly as a MicroSD.

Lastly the S22 Ultra may have some inherent deficiencies in the Exynos 2200 which has experienced significant production issues and Android 12 which still isn't stable. I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig navigating those concerns.

Bottom line besides a few small improvements the S22 Ultra doesn't do anything more than what an S21 Ultra can handle. Definitely no compelling motives to "upgrade" to an S22 Ultra.

Last edited:

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
Why
Now that the S22's have been released here's my take.

Whenever I consider an upgrade it's valuable to understand what the upgrade will offer over my current device. I wouldn't consider the S22 or S22 Plus, there's a better option in the S72 at a much lower price and features I use like MicroSD and 3.5 Jack and larger display.

With the S22 Ultra the biggest improvement to me is the cameras are now flush with the back panel. Never have been a fan of the cameras protruding on the S20 and S21 Ultra's.

The other advantage to me is 45W Charging. In practical terms it's not a big upgrade. With Super Fast Charging on the S21 Ultra it takes about an hour to get from 10% to fully charged. So 45W charging might reduce that by 15 minutes?

The camera upgrades are minimal, I doubt in most instances few would know if a photo or video was taken by an S21 or S22 Ultra.

The S-Pen isn't a feature I would use either. Others would enjoy the benefit no doubt but I have no use for it plus I could use an S-Pen on the S21 Ultra.

So what's left, a few new colors? I'm not a fan of a boxey device, really it's a small tablet and wouldn't be easy to use one handed or slide into my front pocket.

Lastly the S22 Ultra may have some inherent deficiencies in the Exynos 2200 which has experienced significant production issues and Android 12 which still isn't stable. I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig navigating those concerns.

So bottom line besides a few small advantages the device doesn't really doesn't do anything more than what my S21 Ultra can handle. Definitely no compelling motives to "upgrade" to an S22 Ultra.
Why da hell would you get (consider) the S22 Ultra when you already have the S21 Ultra lol. I'm upgrading cause I got a Note 9 and really need the upgraded camera module. If I had your phone I'd wait and get the S24 or S25 Ultra.

In any case, I got the 1TB Black. Can't wait!

Why

Why da hell would you get (consider) the S22 Ultra when you already have the S21 Ultra lol. I'm upgrading cause I got a Note 9 and really need the upgraded camera module. If I had your phone I'd wait and get the S24 or S25 Ultra.

In any case, I got the 1TB Black. Can't wait!
As I've stated I'm not considering the S22 Ultra. Normally I upgrade every year but I find myself less inclined to do so.

Samsung is not offering anything compelling. If my daily driver was a Note 9 I'd want to upgrade also but not to the S22Ultra, I don't care for the device. I still use my S10 Plus, I think it's one of Samsung's best products.

I skipped the S20 Ultra and will do the same with the S22 Ultra. Samsung is dropping features I would use and I'm not a fan of the Note Series which is what this S22 Ultra actually is.

If Samsung continues moving away from the traditional S Series I'll move to a different brand. For what their devices deliver I feel they're over priced and underwhelming.

Samsung continues to lose market share in the flagship segment and I don't see the S22 Ultra changing that trajectory.

Last edited:

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
As I've stated I'm not considering the S22 Ultra. Normally I upgrade every year but I find myself less inclined to do so.

Samsung is not offering anything compelling. If my daily driver was a Note 9 I'd want to upgrade also but not to the S22Ultra, I don't care for the device. I still use my S10 Plus, I think it's one of Samsung's best products.

I skipped the S20 Ultra and will do the same with the S22 Ultra. Samsung is dropping features I would use and I'm not a fan of the Note Series which is what this S22 Ultra actually is.

If Samsung continues moving away from the traditional S Series I'll move to a different brand. For what their devices deliver I feel they're over priced and underwhelming.

Samsung continues to lose market share in the flagship segment and I don't see the S22 Ultra changing that trajectory.
Sorry you feel that way. I feel the total opposite. No one even comes close to Samsung in terms of hardware and software. Are they perfect? No. But even when considering the negatives, they are the leader in mobile phones in my eye. S21 Ultra won the phone of the year by many sites and I don't think things will be different this year.

From the early look at things, the camera seems to be an incredible upgrade despite having the same megapixels as they are an updated sensor. Can't wait for reviews.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Sorry you feel that way. I feel the total opposite. No one even comes close to Samsung in terms of hardware and software. Are they perfect? No. But even when considering the negatives, they are the leader in mobile phones in my eye. S21 Ultra won the phone of the year by many sites and I don't think things will be different this year.

From the early look at things, the camera seems to be an incredible upgrade despite having the same megapixels as they are an updated sensor. Can't wait for reviews.
The cam is not going to be that much better unless the previous one had gross defects.
Even the N10+ holds up well to the latest releases. They could improve maybe metering and AF in some scenarios. Did they? Probably not that much.
Samsung just hasn't done that much or much better since the N20U. They even forgot their name...
WHAT'S MY NAME?
NOTE!!!
Are you listening Sammy?🤣
_methode_times_prod_web_bin_b1b11048-8c2c-11e9-845f-5fdba6fd3f52.jpg

The cameras are identical to the S21 Ultra, the only difference is in the AI processing and image stabilization. Hope you enjoy your new device, keep us posted!

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
The cameras are identical to the S21 Ultra, the only difference is in the AI processing and image stabilization. Hope you enjoy your new device, keep us posted!
Absolutely not identical. The megapixels are the same the but compared to the ISOCELL HM3 in the Galaxy S21 the new sensor is an upgrade with bigger pixel size among other updates. And yes, I can't wait!!!

• Haha
Reactions: blackhawk

eaoosa

Aug 19, 2018
The cam is not going to be that much better unless the previous one had gross defects.
Even the N10+ holds up well to the latest releases. They could improve maybe metering and AF in some scenarios. Did they? Probably not that much.
Samsung just hasn't done that much or much better since the N20U. They even forgot their name...
WHAT'S MY NAME?
NOTE!!!
View attachment 5533105
From the initial hands-on reviews, the cameras are definitely not a minor upgrade. With that said, I should've blocked you like that other fella earlier. It's one thing to say something and another to say it like a full on idiot. Good bye.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
From the initial hands-on reviews, the cameras are definitely not a minor upgrade. With that said, I should've blocked you like that other fella earlier. It's one thing to say something and another to say it like a full on idiot. Good bye.
Do what you want. I hit the ignore button sometimes when the exchanges seem pointless.
If you want the newest flagship Samsung it's the only game there is. Either way it's no skin off my back.
Personally I want what serves me best. I expect to wait at least a year until Samsung and Android get their crap together but it will likely be 2-3 years. I have no issues using the N10+ for another 2+ years.

AeroSatan

Do what you want. I hit the ignore button sometimes when the exchanges seem pointless.
If you want the newest flagship Samsung it's the only game there is. Either way it's no skin off my back.
Personally I want what serves me best. I expect to wait at least a year until Samsung and Android get their crap together but it will likely be 2-3 years. I have no issues using the N10+ for another 2+ years.
Notice how everyone thinks you're a troll. If you can't spot the idiot in the room, guess what??....

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Notice how everyone thinks you're a troll. If you can't spot the idiot in the room, guess what??....
Any time I hear someone use the troll word it's someone that can't handle themselves verbally. How ya gonna do in the street with hostiles in your face not holding back nothing? I wuv to see that discussion...
That's your retort?🤣 How inept.
If you can't handle my opinions by replying with viable counterpoints or simply ignoring them then your *hit is weak. Not my problem.

This phone is far from the best Samsung can do, they even forgot what to name it.
What a joke... sorry to burst your bubble but it's less functional than the N20U. On top of all that the spen is on the wrong side; most people are right handed. Not good placement at all... an incredibly clueless ergonomics fail🤣

If you work for Samsung then suck it up brother/sister, because I know you can't handle constructive criticism. It's one of your corporate failings. I will slice and dice Samsung like sushi blowfish when they blunder a flagship phone this badly. As if the Fold disaster wasn't enough fail already...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any time I hear someone use the troll word it's someone that can't handle themselves verbally. How ya gonna do in the street with hostiles in your face not holding back nothing? I wuv to see that discussion...
    That's your retort?🤣 How inept.
    If you can't handle my opinions by replying with viable counterpoints or simply ignoring them then your *hit is weak. Not my problem.

This phone is far from the best Samsung can do, they even forgot what to name it.
    What a joke... sorry to burst your bubble but it's less functional than the N20U. On top of all that the spen is on the wrong side; most people are right handed. Not good placement at all... an incredibly clueless ergonomics fail🤣

If you work for Samsung then suck it up brother/sister, because I know you can't handle constructive criticism. It's one of your corporate failings. I will slice and dice Samsung like sushi blowfish when they blunder a flagship phone this badly. As if the Fold disaster wasn't enough fail already...
    You don't know **** about this phone. You aren't going to buy it. Wtf are you doing here annoying everyone? Go find something else to do. What does it take for you to get the message?
    No one holds the ultimate truth on this topic. I personally have not used SD card since the times of blackberry devices (yeah, I used those)... I'm a diehard iPhone fan and have not used any extra storage because there is just none available, so I don't miss it but that's just me and I understand and respect those who need to have one. I prefer cloud services as SD cards do break down.

I had the Note 20 Ultra (which introduced the SPEN on the left side) and the S21 Ultra and I liked the S21 ultra hardware but hated the design and flat screen, for me to see the S22 Ultra combine 2 devices I loved is the ultimate dream come true and of course I preordered it even though I have an iPhone 13 pro max which is considered one of the top phones.

It's ok to love our devices, but not worth getting into a pointless argument that end in blocking. You love SD cards and feel they are a dealbreaker? good for you! You love switching devices faster than underwear? Good for you as well!

If I go again to the root of this thread of the differences, there may be very few, but keep in mind that this S22 Ultra is more intended for those who love the Note design and features but want the multimedia features of the S series. If you don't feel like worth changing from S21U to S22U or N20U to S22U until further reviews it's prefectly fine, but don't go after those who want to get it.
    WHAT'S MY NAME?
    NOTE!!!
    View attachment 5533105
    With a N10+ or a N20U you could have over 1tb and a dual drive at that... at a much reduced price. Those are my two recommendations.
    Get a Snapdragon and 12gb of ram. 256gb of internal memory is fine, only apps, the DCIM and Download folders should go there anyway. All critical data goes on the data drive ie SD card; a V30 rated Sandisk works well.

Apparently the S22's cams aren't a big improvement over the S21's. To be blunt the N10+'s cams are very good and it has a display that faithfully reproduces them.
    I wish I could say Samsung slam dunked it with the S22, but it appears they didn't. So far they are living up to my dire prediction from a few months ago; 2022 is going to be another bad year for Sammy flagships.

I'm less than pleased with Android 11 and 12; they smell like Vista style road kill to me. Since the introduction of variable rate displays the color rendering index has dropped and there are a lot of outright failures and not just Samsung.
    The above are 2 reasons I bought a second N10+ running on Q. I have 2 now.

The older one has held up so well that they are hard to tell apart. Zero display degradation is observable and the only repair has been a replacement battery. They are fast, stable, and just plain fun to use. The display is still the best 60hz displays ever produced for a smartphone exceeding Apple's specs as well. It's drop dead gorgeous... with square corners. A good case and plastic screen protector are mandatory for these phones or they will get messed up.

I like to have the faster memory and spen but 5G isn't needed. The N10+ is snappy even with the slower processor and ram. 12gb of ram go a long way to keeping it fast.
    I get 8-12 hr SOT so little to gain there. My ancient freeware WPS office runs ok on Android 9/10 but wouldn't on 11/12. That's impossible to replace for free now and it's a valuable app I use constantly.

On top of all that I have a trusted vendor that had new sealed box N10+'s; there's a lot of shenanigans going on with the N20U sales as well as the price. After almost 2.5 years* with the N10+ I like it even more today... so I got a backup with the intention of bypassing both Samsung and Adroid OS upgrades for 2-3 more years.
    That was my solution after a lot of research...

*my current OS load will be 2 yo in June. Still fast, stable with minimal maintenance and no upgrades. It's stability impresses me.
    It fulfills its mission. I place a very high value on these qualities.

I do understand your frustration with the SD cards but let's be real here. It's been gone from their top end phones for a while now. Just like the headphone jack, I doubt it's coming back. We need to move on. With that said, I'd love for it to come back as I have a Samsung256GB card I'd like to continue to use. I've used that card for more than 4 years without any issues.

I'm glad you really like your Note 10+ Similar to how I like my Note 9. If I had the Note 10+ I doubt I'd be upgrading either. At least for another year. Reason being, I want a 3 camera setup and the 10+ already has that. The main reason for my upgrade as I've said are for the cameras. I absolutely agree they're not going to be drastically better. But that's okay. It's better and definitely better than my Note 9. At this point, most top end phones take stellar photos and it's hard to come up with technology that drastically improves on it. Baby steps.

For this reason, I don't recommend people upgrade every 2 years, much less every year. Phones are getting so nice that we don't need to upgrade them as much as we used to. I started with the Dream G1 lol, then Galaxy S1 etc as mentioned above. I used to upgrade every two years but with the Note 9, I'm already over 3 years. With the S22 Ultra 512, I should be able to keep it for at least 4 years. Good luck to you my friend. Cheers.