• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9192) Bricked

Search This thread

diaaamin

Aug 7, 2016
Hey Guys,

I've a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9192). It stopped working mid-day all of the sudden while it wasn't in use. The phone is just showing a black screen, & pressing the power button, it doesn't respond. The phone also doesn't respond when I try entering the download or recovery modes. When I connected the phone to the PC, it was identified as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", & looking up on the internet for what does this mean, I found that it means that phone is bricked.

I never rooted this phone, & I tried to write two I9192 debrick images (One at a time of course :) ) on an external SD card using Win32DiskImager-0.9.5. However, turning on the phone with any of the two debrick images, the phone shows the following lines exactly, & no further progress takes place:

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITONS..
COPY FROM T-FLAH..
BOOT RECOVERY..
WRITE 139008 sectors..

I couldn't find a solution for this issue on the internet. So, any idea what is happening here & how can I solve this problem ??

Many thanks in advance :D :D

villaovb

Nov 8, 2016
Hey Guys,

I've a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9192). It stopped working mid-day all of the sudden while it wasn't in use. The phone is just showing a black screen, & pressing the power button, it doesn't respond. The phone also doesn't respond when I try entering the download or recovery modes. When I connected the phone to the PC, it was identified as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", & looking up on the internet for what does this mean, I found that it means that phone is bricked.

I never rooted this phone, & I tried to write two I9192 debrick images (One at a time of course :) ) on an external SD card using Win32DiskImager-0.9.5. However, turning on the phone with any of the two debrick images, the phone shows the following lines exactly, & no further progress takes place:

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITONS..
COPY FROM T-FLAH..
BOOT RECOVERY..
WRITE 139008 sectors..

I couldn't find a solution for this issue on the internet. So, any idea what is happening here & how can I solve this problem ??

Many thanks in advance :D :D

My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Duos GT-I9192) is with the same problem, since 2016 October!!. But I know what happened. It was a virus!: In a day, when I turned on my wifi, an unexpected download started . . . , after about 5 seconds, several app's began stopping uninterruptedly, followed by message asking "OK". So, I forced the phone to turn off; waited some time, but when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and it remains like this until now! I have tried all of the things possible by pressing combination of buttons, but it is really hard bricked!!. I just hadn't courage to use any kind of (de/un)brick image yet, like you. I'm continuously researching in the internet and trying to learn how to solve this problem in a secure way. I have found something relating to unbrick qualcomm mobiles using QFIL, but we have to use other kind of archives other than thouse from GT-I9192 original rom, which made me with doubt if it will function.
If somebody understand better than us about it, please help us!
Thanks.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Duos GT-I9192) is with the same problem, since 2016 October!!. But I know what happened. It was a virus!: In a day, when I turned on my wifi, an unexpected download started . . . , after about 5 seconds, several app's began stopping uninterruptedly, followed by message asking "OK". So, I forced the phone to turn off; waited some time, but when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and it remains like this until now! I have tried all of the things possible by pressing combination of buttons, but it is really hard bricked!!. I just hadn't courage to use any kind of (de/un)brick image yet, like you. I'm continuously researching in the internet and trying to learn how to solve this problem in a secure way. I have found something relating to unbrick qualcomm mobiles using QFIL, but we have to use other kind of archives other than thouse from GT-I9192 original rom, which made me with doubt if it will function.
If somebody understand better than us about it, please help us!
Thanks.

Qfil doesn't work with Samsung as far as I know. Even if it did you would have to have the files for your exact phone model.