• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F SM-G800H - Qi wreless charging available as option

Search This thread

Murz

Jan 31, 2007
Nizhniy Novgorod
qseo.ru
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (SM-G800F and SM-G800H) have 2 connectors in back panel left of top-left battery corner - Samsung support reply me that they are for connecting Qi wreless charging receivers:
312_1401696330.40299.jpg

So adding Qi wireless charging for Galaxy S5 Mini is very easy - we can buy in China any Qi wreless charging receiver with compartible size and place it under back cover for charge phone wirelessly!

Today I have no tested Qi wreless charging receivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and didn't found any compartible in china shops, but I request producing them to some china manufactirers. When I find something available and compartible - I report here.

Last edited:
Reactions: miazza and DjeFr

Murz

Jan 31, 2007
Nizhniy Novgorod
qseo.ru
This contacts just for S-view cover, not for QI-wireless. Galaxy S5 mini haven't possibilities for wireless charging.
I asked Samsung support again and they reply me that S-view cover does not need contacts, but some S-view covers have Qi wireless receivers, so they may use this contacts, here is example for Galaxy S5 full (not mini):
SamsungGalaxyS5_SViewFlipCoverWireless.jpg

Reactions: Winstrol

Murz

Jan 31, 2007
Nizhniy Novgorod
qseo.ru
Murz, yes, thank you for info, i hope it is right. I have Original Samsung S-view cover for S5 mini.. photo below. Unfortunately nothing about wireless charging :(
This is interesting, because Samsung support reply me that S-view cover does not need any contacts for normal working. Maybe in your cover this is fake contacts that do nothing? If this is original cover, you can contact Samsung support and ask what those contacts do in it, here is online support: http://www.samsung.com/ru/consumer/mobile-devices/smart-phones/samsung-galaxy/SM-G800FZBASER-support

ATRAC3

Oct 18, 2009
This is interesting, because Samsung support reply me that S-view cover does not need any contacts for normal working. Maybe in your cover this is fake contacts that do nothing? If this is original cover, you can contact Samsung support and ask what those contacts do in it, here is online support: http://www.samsung.com/ru/consumer/mobile-devices/smart-phones/samsung-galaxy/SM-G800FZBASER-support

Those contacts ARE for the smart cover.. It's some kind of tiny electronic circuit so the phone recognizes the smart cover as "genuine", without them the smart cover would not work. Have tested it personally, put some tape over them, and the smart cover isn't responding when opened/closed.. But maybe they COULD be some sort of combo, so you can have smart cover AND Qi Charging via the same contacts, i don't know.. All i know is that the BIG S5 has MORE contacts in the back under the cover, not just two..

Murz

Jan 31, 2007
Nizhniy Novgorod
qseo.ru
Today I buy this phone and check the contacts. They are for the Smart Cover, not for Qi charging :( I talk this to Samsung support and they reply that before they do the mistake when tell me that this is for Qi charging. So I will try to connect Qi charger directly to the internal microusb contacts like here:
0fcb55393b156beb9cd25d0b3569b13f.jpg

Reactions: escape007

rssvanberg

Feb 2, 2015
Today I buy this phone and check the contacts. They are for the Smart Cover, not for Qi charging :( I talk this to Samsung support and they reply that before they do the mistake when tell me that this is for Qi charging. So I will try to connect Qi charger directly to the internal microusb contacts like here:

Hi,

did you solve the QI charging for the S5 mini?

Robin

Luzifer Gatsby

Feb 8, 2015
Although Samsung states the contacts are made for inductive charging, to my eyes they seem to be unexceptionally close to each other. On the other hand, a multimeter reveals that at least one of the pins has electric contact to the battery.

To be honest, I'm startled that the internet apparently provides no easy solution for wireless charging the S5 mini without using a micro-USB adapter (which in my opinion is an unsatisfactory solution) or soldering close to sensitive insides of the device.

Any ideas?

kevdav100

Jul 3, 2014
Just jumping in here as I a looking for a wireless solution for an S5 mini.

When I was searching for a receiver I came across this, and in the compatibility list id does say the S5 mini

trademe co nz/mobile-phones/accessories/chargers/other/auction-872571149 (put the dots between trademe co nz because I cant post links yet)

Specifications:

- Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy S5
- Input: DC 5V, 1A
- Charging Voltage: DC 5V, 750mA
- Transmission Distance: 8mm
- Power Conversion Efficiency: Up to 70%
- Working Frequency: 100-200KHz
- Working Life: Charge & Discharge above 4000 times
- Compatible with:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K/G900L/G900S
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900M
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H

What do you guys think ?

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
Just jumping in here as I a looking for a wireless solution for an S5 mini.

When I was searching for a receiver I came across this, and in the compatibility list id does say the S5 mini

trademe co nz/mobile-phones/accessories/chargers/other/auction-872571149 (put the dots between trademe co nz because I cant post links yet)

Specifications:

- Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy S5
- Input: DC 5V, 1A
- Charging Voltage: DC 5V, 750mA
- Transmission Distance: 8mm
- Power Conversion Efficiency: Up to 70%
- Working Frequency: 100-200KHz
- Working Life: Charge & Discharge above 4000 times
- Compatible with:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K/G900L/G900S
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900M
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H

What do you guys think ?

I have contacted several manufacturers and they all say the S5mini comes without this feature.
We need to find a way to solder one wire on the +5V USB plug (the GND can be found elsewhere).
Someone from assistance can help in how to.

Last edited:

miazza

Apr 5, 2009

This looks the only solution.

Jmagt95

Dec 29, 2015
Hi I have the same Model how do I put the Android 5.0 in since each time I try to update it it keep saying all updates are already installed I have a Android 4.4.2

ch.esperado

Dec 30, 2015
CAUTION !!! CAUTION !!! The coil of the QI reciever produce an AC current, and is a short circuit for the 5V of the USD plug if not properly rectified/isolated by at least one diode. This diode, or bridge of diodes is supposed to be in the coil assembly. So, if you are about doing such a mount, ensure that you are soldering the wires the good sens, and that, in this position, they offer a infinite resistance to the 5V before to engage any contact.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (SM-G800F and SM-G800H) have 2 connectors in back panel left of top-left battery corner - Samsung support reply me that they are for connecting Qi wreless charging receivers:
    312_1401696330.40299.jpg

So adding Qi wireless charging for Galaxy S5 Mini is very easy - we can buy in China any Qi wreless charging receiver with compartible size and place it under back cover for charge phone wirelessly!

Today I have no tested Qi wreless charging receivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and didn't found any compartible in china shops, but I request producing them to some china manufactirers. When I find something available and compartible - I report here.
    This contacts just for S-view cover, not for QI-wireless. Galaxy S5 mini haven't possibilities for wireless charging.
    I asked Samsung support again and they reply me that S-view cover does not need contacts, but some S-view covers have Qi wireless receivers, so they may use this contacts, here is example for Galaxy S5 full (not mini):
    SamsungGalaxyS5_SViewFlipCoverWireless.jpg
    did you solve the QI charging for the S5 mini?
    No, I didn't solve. Those contacts is for S View or maybe for other samsung needs, not for Qi charger :(
    I try to connect QI receiver directly to microusb port like here (in photo is other phone model):

But I broke display when try to open device :(
    Hi I have the same Model how do I put the Android 5.0 in since each time I try to update it it keep saying all updates are already installed I have a Android 4.4.2

use odin and flash image, its not released OTA