Samsung Galaxy S6 — facebook contacts sync is missing

Search This thread

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
A week ago all of a sudden i cant seem to sync my fb to my s6 contacts, when i checked the fb app settings, if you keep scrolling down the facebook contacts sync is missing from the app. I'm using an s6 as well and its there and everything is working
Plz help

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
I just read a thread over at the Samsung forums concerning the missing and non functional FB contacts sync recently, and it appears that this is not a bug, but a FB person stated that this feature has been discontinued!
What in the world were they smoking??? Are they completely gone stupid?
This is a global thing and affects everyone on Android.
Worst thing is that nobody knew.
There is people that don't care, but there is also people that do, and this is certainly NOT a point that needed addressed in this app.
I can't believe all the gimmicks they add and then an essential like that is being removed! Unreal!!!

frezd91

Aug 15, 2013
I just read a thread over at the Samsung forums concerning the missing and non functional FB contacts sync recently, and it appears that this is not a bug, but a FB person stated that this feature has been discontinued!
What in the world were they smoking??? Are they completely gone stupid?
This is a global thing and affects everyone on Android.
Worst thing is that nobody knew.
There is people that don't care, but there is also people that do, and this is certainly NOT a point that needed addressed in this app.
I can't believe all the gimmicks they add and then an essential like that is being removed! Unreal!!!
I'm here because I was looking around to solve this problem. It seems simply removed by Facebook devs. It's incredible and absurd.

I come from an hard reset and now I can't sync nothing even if under Settings --> Account --> Facebook there's the sync option. But (surprise) it doesn't sync nothing. It says sync complete, but there's not data transfer.

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
I'm here because I was looking around to solve this problem. It seems simply removed by Facebook devs. It's incredible and absurd.

I come from an hard reset and now I can't sync nothing even if under Settings --> Account --> Facebook there's the sync option. But (surprise) it doesn't sync nothing. It says sync complete, but there's not data transfer.
Fix :

1. uninstall current fb
2. install v27 via apkmiror
3. system settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts
4. parameter app>sync contact
5. update facebook app

Working for me

Reactions: frezd91

frezd91

Aug 15, 2013
Fix :

1. uninstall current fb
5. update facebook app

Working for me
Tried. Facebook v27 crash immediately after I open it. I hope Facebook will reintroduce this function.

Btr1976

Dec 9, 2015
New Galaxy S6 phones are pre-installed with Facebook version of at least 40. So you cant uninstall it or go back far enough to get 27.. Disabling it also does not let you install FB version 27. Sucks. I was able to do this workaround using my S4. Upgraded to the S6 and now I can't.

Abisai78

Jan 6, 2016
Not really true - I just did that on my new S6. Disabled the FB, uninstalled the updates (down to stub version) and installed ver. 27 over it. It synced my contacts, and then I updated the app - worked like charm :)
However, I assume with the FB updated to newest version, the new contacts may not sync anymore... :/

PS. Should be under Btr1976's post - sorry...

Reactions: Da Baron

auiterwaal

Jul 14, 2012
Niterói
I did this too and can confirm it works.

I can't imagine why in the world Facebook did this stupidity.

If you can't install v27, maybe you could use a third party app. I used HaxSync when I used AOSP ROMs on previous phones. Worked like a charm.

Enviado de meu SM-G925I usando Tapatalk

Reactions: Da Baron

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Fix :

1. uninstall current fb
    5. update facebook app

Working for me
    Not really true - I just did that on my new S6. Disabled the FB, uninstalled the updates (down to stub version) and installed ver. 27 over it. It synced my contacts, and then I updated the app - worked like charm :)
    However, I assume with the FB updated to newest version, the new contacts may not sync anymore... :/

PS. Should be under Btr1976's post - sorry...
    I did this too and can confirm it works.

I can't imagine why in the world Facebook did this stupidity.

If you can't install v27, maybe you could use a third party app. I used HaxSync when I used AOSP ROMs on previous phones. Worked like a charm.

Enviado de meu SM-G925I usando Tapatalk