• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge app to re-map power button to volume up or volume down?

Search This thread

Cocliosttro

Feb 26, 2009
Hello,

I have a small problem. My phone power button is damaged therfore pressing it is hard (works but poorly).
I need now to re-mail the power button so i can turn off screen when i need.
Can you recommend app that can do that.
I did get app named as volume powr but it seems buggy and app named buttons re-mapper seems to be also buggy.

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
Use Nova Launcher. It is the best Launcher out there (even better than the stock ones) and you can turn off screen by a gesture of your choice (e.g. double tap on homescreen).

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Hello,

I have a small problem. My phone power button is damaged therfore pressing it is hard (works but poorly).
I need now to re-mail the power button so i can turn off screen when i need.
Can you recommend app that can do that.
I did get app named as volume powr but it seems buggy and app named buttons re-mapper seems to be also buggy.

Some ROMs allow eg double tap on the status bar to switch off. BatMan/SuperMan do that.

Button Mapper does exactly what you need - like you I had some issues with it, related to its occasionally not working. This was due to it being dozed by the OS (need to stop it being optimised) and by Greenify (again, exclude it). There is a Button Mapper thread in Apps & Games here in XDA, check it out. You'll get a lot of support there, the dev visits regularly.

الفلسطيني

Nov 29, 2013
framework-res
Check this Mod
For me i like it sooo much.... I downloaded from 4pda
Make clock in status bar in the middle and have also power off when you press on the right side( long press open menu for: shutdown or restart or safe mode)
But make sure your Android version and build Number the same!!
Just download and install the file and make restart
PS: any promises I'm not responsible about it
And this is the link for the mod
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/9mhmLnvA/file.html
Screenshot_20180228-032221.png

Top Liked Posts