Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat Beta Program

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Were you previously enrolled in the beta program before downgrading and the going back? Just curious to see if this method works for anyone else who was not in the testing program.

If you weren't in the beta program, the only way to get Nougat is to install the VZW version or wait for the official OTA

dogredwing1

Jan 11, 2012
Minnesota
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Finally got Adoptable Storage working on the beta had to Odin back to 6.01 and setup and update to nougat again Screenshot_20170113-221026.png

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DubSolo

Dec 4, 2013
Black Hole
Any possible way that all who were registered and received the official update are able to pull the firmware so that others can use ODIN to flash them? I know the official release will be coming out soon but patience has run thin with the "halt" that is being talked about???

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
Any possible way that all who were registered and received the official update are able to pull the firmware so that others can use ODIN to flash them? I know the official release will be coming out soon but patience has run thin with the "halt" that is being talked about???

Why would you knowingly install software that has bugs so severe that they had to halt the rollout?

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com

Only one that you can install without being a beta member is the Verizon version. It worked great for me until i was accepted and switched to the t mobile nougat beta.

Why would you knowingly install software that has bugs so severe that they had to halt the rollout?

lol why are you at XDA would be a better Question. What bugs? i cant find a minor bug much less a severe one. Been using beta since it was first available. I have ATT service and both Verizon and tmobile nougat worked perfectly as daily drivers. The t-mobile is a little better but would still be using Verizon as a DD if i didn't get the t-mobile nougat. Battery life is amazing!! If there were such severe issues they wouldn't still be updating to beta nougat via system update, they would have stopped it all together.

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
lol why are you at XDA would be a better Question. What bugs? i cant find a minor bug much less a severe one. Been using beta since it was first available. I have ATT service and both Verizon and tmobile nougat worked perfectly as daily drivers. The t-mobile is a little better but would still be using Verizon as a DD if i didn't get the t-mobile nougat. Battery life is amazing!! If there were such severe issues they wouldn't still be updating to beta nougat via system update, they would have stopped it all together.

Yea, that was a rhetorical question. I don't know what bugs, I don't have access to Samsung's database. I haven't had much in the way of significant issues with the beta, other than some random resets at inopportune moments. But guess what, that shouldn't happen on a final release. Perhaps if Samsung decided to halt the roll-out of the beta, there actually are significant problems with it. I don't know, but perhaps they actually have a reason for the decisions they make. I am glad you haven't had problems with the beta. You are also one data point, and you did not install the final build. Samsung has millions of data points to base their decisions on. In the grand scheme of things, your experience doesn't matter.

Hence the rhetorical question: why would you knowingly install a software update that potentially has bugs so severe, Samsung halted the roll-out? I am not looking for you to answer that question, rather posting the question to make a point.

tjthecat

May 31, 2014
Yea, that was a rhetorical question. I don't know what bugs, I don't have access to Samsung's database. I haven't had much in the way of significant issues with the beta, other than some random resets at inopportune moments. But guess what, that shouldn't happen on a final release. Perhaps if Samsung decided to halt the roll-out of the beta, there actually are significant problems with it. I don't know, but perhaps they actually have a reason for the decisions they make. I am glad you haven't had problems with the beta. You are also one data point, and you did not install the final build. Samsung has millions of data points to base their decisions on. In the grand scheme of things, your experience doesn't matter.

Hence the rhetorical question: why would you knowingly install a software update that potentially has bugs so severe, Samsung halted the roll-out? I am not looking for you to answer that question, rather posting the question to make a point.
Funny story about the random resets, they only happened in two circumstances. While rooted and while on the beta. Bad timing, police actually needed to see my phone and it was turning itself on and had factory reset itself.

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
Just had to Odin back to 6.0.1 and setup using the adb commands and reupdate to nougat.
Took all of 5min to set it up

Forgive my lack of ADB knowledge, but what would I have to do coming from my stock 6.01 to install the Tmobile version? What are the commands and steps if I need to use them? Thanks in advance for any help:fingers-crossed: If I don't need the commands to install from stock 6.01, what would I need to do to go back to 6.01 from 7.0?

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Forgive my lack of ADB knowledge, but what would I have to do coming from my stock 6.01 to install the Tmobile version? What are the commands and steps if I need to use them? Thanks in advance for any help:fingers-crossed: If I don't need the commands to install from stock 6.01, what would I need to do to go back to 6.01 from 7.0?

If you're on stock AT&T and want to install the T-Mo variant, all you need to do is Odin the T-Mobile BL, AP, CP, CSC files. I always do a Factory Reset before hand, but thats my own thing. After setting up, all I did was check for an update, and it came thru. (You MUST have been registered on the Beta program and had 7.0 installed previously)

Reactions: iteam

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
If you're on stock AT&T and want to install the T-Mo variant, all you need to do is Odin the T-Mobile BL, AP, CP, CSC files. I always do a Factory Reset before hand, but thats my own thing. After setting up, all I did was check for an update, and it came thru. (You MUST have been registered on the Beta program and had 7.0 installed previously)

Thanks bro! I'll just wait it out as I was not a beta tester... What thread are the files located? I can't see to find them? Just in case I want to experiment LOL What does not being a beta tester not allow me to do? OTA?

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Thanks bro! I'll just wait it out as I was not a beta tester... What thread are the files located? I can't see to find them? Just in case I want to experiment LOL

The latest T-Mo Stock is PK1, I think this is the one
https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/odin-apk1-tmobile-tmbg935ttmb4apk1-t3494724
I'm on AT&T too, and I find it works really well, I think there's a little less bloat on T-Mo than AT&T. Honestly though, the only REALLY big difference that I see between the 2 is the T-Mo ROM lists the Setting in a List form and AT&T has it in Tabbed. The T-Mo modem however, does seem to pull faster speeds (at least in my area), but you can flash the CP at anytime on either ROM

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/odin-apk1-tmobile-tmbg935ttmb4apk1-t3494724
I'm on AT&T too, and I find it works really well, I think there's a little less bloat on T-Mo than AT&T. Honestly though, the only REALLY big difference that I see between the 2 is the T-Mo ROM lists the Setting in a List form and AT&T has it in Tabbed. The T-Mo modem however, does seem to pull faster speeds (at least in my area), but you can flash the CP at anytime on either ROM[/QUOTE

Thanks kangi26!

Just curious as to what it means for me not being a beta tester....

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I'm on AT&T too, and I find it works really well, I think there's a little less bloat on T-Mo than AT&T. Honestly though, the only REALLY big difference that I see between the 2 is the T-Mo ROM lists the Setting in a List form and AT&T has it in Tabbed. The T-Mo modem however, does seem to pull faster speeds (at least in my area), but you can flash the CP at anytime on either ROM[/QUOTE

Thanks kangi26!

Just curious as to what it means for me not being a beta tester....

Only really means that you arent part of the Nougat Beta tests that went out to VZW/T-Mo

Although, take a run over to the AT&T Edge threads, Nougat MAY have just been pulled from Samsung. Looks like a possible work around that happened on the S7 Active.
It is not OTA, for those who may ask

enoch861

Nov 29, 2010
North St. Paul
I was in the beta with my previous phone that developed dead pixels so I got a new warranty replacement. Anyway to get the beta re-installed on my phone? I downloaded the Galaxy beta app with no luck since the severs aren't up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright just got off the phone with the customer service representative, they said that they are working with t-mobile as i type this message to get this issue resolved and yes we arev still getting the update. They also said that it's not an issue on Samsung side but rather a problem with t-mobile's server's so guess were gonna have to wait till they get thing's resolved. I asked if it would be fixed today and he said he can't give me a timeline of how or when it will be fixed so stay confident people we are getting it. If you'd like to hear this information with your own ears call the number your selves !!! 1-866-609-3271 :)
    itll be here when its done uploading
    I hope that's true that someone can put the update.zip out there so the rest of us can try it. It's like they only let 5 people into the beta lol.
    I am registered and helped people on the other forums so as long as I get the ota it will be posted for others. It's not that difficult so I or someone else can do it...

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Dang it Samsung cmon now lol

copying it to my NAS drive, gonna upload to AFH
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Linky as soon as you can :)

8 mins for the xfer from my phone to my storage. Upload speed is decent so it should not take long