• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Search This thread

Sadman1

Nov 4, 2017
Hi!

Today I ran into an issue with my phone where the most bottom part of the screen on my phone is unresponsive. This means that I cannot type properly nor get into my phone since I can't hit the enter key. I booted my phone into safe mode which made it so that I could get into my phone and do a factory reset since I thought that'd help. But it didn't and now I'm stuck on the samsung setup screen because I can't press the "Next" button in the bottom right-hand corner. I went into safe mode to se if I could hit the button then but that didn't work either. I wiped the cache partition and did another factory reset but the screen still won't work properly. I've tried google-ing for answers but I couldn't find anything that I haven't already tried. Any form of help will be greatly appreciated!
Edit: I just want to clarify that the screen is not broken since it works with other buttons that are on the same position. An example is that I can click on the "accessibility" button which lies on a similar position as the following "next" button but I cannot click on the "next" button, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the software and not the hardware.

Last edited:

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York