• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950FD) No Signal After Flashing Official ROM

Search This thread

paronda

Dec 26, 2019
Hey everyone, my S8 got water damaged on an outing trip with my family. I let it dry out and powered it on for it to be only booted in Download Mode
In my hopes of bringing the phone back to life, I flashed an Official ROM with Odin 3.13.3. But to no avail.

I had my phone repaired to some guy, and he did manage to get the phone working by fixing the OLED Panel connectors and brushing rust off the motherboard, changing the busted charging port and replacing the blown-up battery.

Everything works, the camera, charging, touchscreen, anything you can think of really, except the signal.

The phone detects my SIM whether be it in SIM1 or 2, it just doesn't have any reception at all. It only shows the circle backslash symbol.

The guy said that the IMEI of the phone through the dialer code is different than what is written at the back of it. He said it may have been unlocked improperly.

What can I do, or tell the guy to do? Any help would be great. Thank you.