Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher [apk] [No root]

takerhbk

May 12, 2011
Delhi
Steps to install the launcher
1. Download the apk below
2. Clear Stock launcher "Touchwiz Home" data and cache from settings.
3. Install apk
4. If launcher crashes, clear data and cache again.
5. Press Home button it should work.

May work on other Touchwiz based ROMs as well. Try at your own risk. Won't trip your Knox though.

Screenshot_20170331-021534.png

Update: May 2017 v6.1
Download Link
www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/touchwiz-home/touchwiz-home-6-1-01-release/#do

See post #3 for Google drive link.

FAQ:
In case of any lag or crash. Go to setting - Touchwiz launcher and wipe cache and data. Reboot.
Only worked on nougat ROM. Can't comment about MM.
You can uninstall by going to settings - Touchwiz home - Three dot menu on left and select uninstall updates.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

coto39

Aug 6, 2011
Tandil
Nice!! Thanks. It worked like charm. Don't know how to uninstall it though (as the uninstall updates buttons has been long gone since months) but I'll keep it for a while

yamato047

Dec 28, 2016
Nice!! Thanks. It worked like charm. Don't know how to uninstall it though (as the uninstall updates buttons has been long gone since months) but I'll keep it for a while

Its still there, press the 3 dots in the app menu

Reactions: coto39

yamato047

Dec 28, 2016
There is a conflict between this launcher and Facebook Messenger chat bubbles. They go missing once collapsed but notifications say that they are still present. Once uninstalled this launcher all went back to normal

takerhbk

May 12, 2011
Delhi
There is a conflict between this launcher and Facebook Messenger chat bubbles. They go missing once collapsed but notifications say that they are still present. Once uninstalled this launcher all went back to normal

Working fine here. Try resetting app permission.

yamato047

Dec 28, 2016
Working fine here. Try resetting app permission.
You mean draw over apps? Did that and still didnt work, ill see how it works out for you in these few days and install it again

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Hi
There is a lag in launcher when I swipe up for application drawrer in my s7 edge runnibg Android N
Anyone also facing the same issue
There is a lag, but ive noticed this launcher is easier on RAM (at least in my case)

mosec

Apr 24, 2008
I can't install it and when I try pushing it to system/priv app it won't allow me to change permissions. Any ideas? Would really like to try it out