Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Sim Unlock Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

simonbeninio

Nov 6, 2017
Woodbridge
seems like you have rooted and flashed custom firmware. you should back your phone to complete stock condition and it will ask for code when you will switch it on with different carrier sim card after flashing stock.
can you post the screenshot of error message?

I have tried to do a factory reset now and it saying "Invalid SIM card" now
15113853517049.jpg

josephtaygano

Nov 7, 2017
Las Vegas
thanks guys, I have unlocked my phone today. my question is - can I flash the custom ROM with different baseband version now? will this affect on sim unlock status?
15113862184015.jpg

tongerks

Mar 11, 2012
I have already pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ phones for me and my wife and will get them in few days. The both phones are from AT&T and I want to ask. Can I unlock them same day for Straight Talk carrier usage? I have a plan with straight talk with a cheap calls so I want to switch to them at the same day. found this this service where S8 already supported for sim unlocking. have somebody used this service before ? just want to be sure before making order there

[UPDATE] unlocked successfully with www.samsungsimunlock.com

thanks

15099904806277.jpg

even if you restart or hard reset the phone you will have no issue?

tongerks

Mar 11, 2012
too late for me after i pay to samsungsimunlock i got here and read all the scam issue. theyre not replyin to me :(

Nov 8, 2017
is the US model (from sprint, verizon, att etc) of the samsung s8 better than the international version? I heard that some specifications are not compatible with US LTE bands

eldar4uk

May 13, 2010
The Exynos variant Samsung sells outside of the US is generally better in terms of overall performance. If you are in to Samsung Pay and reside in the US then it's better to get the US Snapdragon variant as it's better suited for US. Doesn't really mean you can't use the international variant in the US, just not on Verizon or Sprint.

that is not 100% correct. the samsung s8 and s8+ are capable of utilizing any of the carriers regardless of which system they use. the phone must be paid in full and you must have the carrier unlock it but once that is done it is able to function fine with any carrier both US and International. once unlocked you get a UICC sim from your carrier of choice and that's it. it will do a factory reset so just prepare ahead

eldar4uk

May 13, 2010
International Exynos variant lacks radio bands for Verizon and Sprint so it'll only work with GSM carries

High level yes, technically no. Samsung uses better camera sensors in it's Exynos variant. The CPU/chipset are different and use different components and on an hardware and software level, things are handled differently. For example, Samsung Pay doesn't fully work in the US on an Exynos variant. The Snapdragon variant has a better GPU so games run slightly smoother but the Exynos variant runs cooler and provides better battery life.

FYI, I owned both the Exynos and Snapdragon variants.

it'll work on their respective lte networks. cdma is pretty much gone the way of the dodo. especially with verizon. both the international and us unlocked versions will work on any network; as will the verizon variant. the both the txynos and snapdragon cpus have all the radios.

eldar4uk

May 13, 2010
If you look up specs on GSMarena, the international "950f" version does not have CDMA radio.
Having also used both Exynos international and Snapdragon US... If you want to use Samsung Pay in the US, get the US version
15117992620737.jpg

this is just software limitation because cdma standard is not so popular in europe like in usa. after unlocking s8 950f phone will work with sprint, verizon etc with no issues

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
As long as you are using Straight Talk "AT&T" nothing needs to be unlocked. You are still on AT&T, but just using a high-lag MNVO.

WHICH carrier is your Straight Talk SIM card using? Straight Talk resells service from all four major carriers.

If you're using Straight Talk "T-Mobile", then you've got a problem.

This is the correct answer rite here most wanting to take it to Straight talk
I always buy AT&T phones to use on Net10 Tracfone or Cricket as long as it runs on AT&T towers MNVO no unlock needed

jcsfearless

Apr 27, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Just wanted to jump in and remind everyone that samsungsimunlock is indeed a scam.

Also I just unlocked my Sprint GS8 with some help from the guys at unlockauthority.com

They helped me flash my Sprint phone with the international phone firmware and unlocked it that way. Works well so far!

Reactions: takotakumi

nurnware

Feb 14, 2010
SamsungSimUnlock is a SCAM

Stay away from SamsungSimUnlock. They are just a total SCAM.

Their software does indeed display "Device Permanently Unlocked". But their app doesn't do anything else. The phone stays locked.

Here's the proof: If you decompile their app, their main loop does the following:
Code:
public void next(View v) {
        final ProgressDialog pd = new ProgressDialog(this);
        pd.setMessage("Connecting to server...");
        pd.show();
        new Timer().schedule(new TimerTask() {

class C01651 implements Runnable {
                public void run() {
              try {
                        pd.dismiss();
                    } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                    } finally {
                        startActivity(new Intent(this, UnlockActivity.class));
                    }
                }

public void run() {
                MainActivity.this.runOnUiThread(new C01651());
            }
        }, 12000);
    }

So after 12s it shows "Permanently Unlocked". A rather expensive app that only shows a string.

oscarhartmann

Nov 9, 2017
Pottstown
I have a Verizon samsung galaxy s8, what is the best way to get the phone to work on GSM (at&t)?. ..other than the obvious of paying my bill... can it also be flashed to another carrier?

Nov 8, 2017
I have a Verizon samsung galaxy s8, what is the best way to get the phone to work on GSM (at&t)?. ..other than the obvious of paying my bill... can it also be flashed to another carrier?

I have a question on theses lines...I have the s8 Verizon ...going to cancel plan and use straight talk ...does it matter witch of the sim cards I use since it's unlocked?

rolandguffy

Sep 15, 2017
Technically if you have not paid off the phone that is also going to incur further charges with Verizon when you simply stop paying your bill. Also if it was a contract you will have to pay the contract buyout fee. You are potentially looking at quite a lot of money to get out of Verizon. If you are not on contract with them and simply making payments towards the phone using the edge up program then you can cancel your service and only continue making the payments towards the phone. That would be the best way to proceed saving you money and a credit score.

any debt owed by a member of the military is just a phone call away from guaranteed payment no matter if it leaves them without enough funds to feed their family or not. And this brings me to the second point, with the cost of todays cell phones you need to read the fine print of the contracts. Most contracts leave you with a buyout cost that is substantially greater than the full retail cost of the phone itself. So it may, depending on the contract, be very wise to insure the phone against loss or damage so you are not left paying for an "empty contract".

oscarhartmann

Nov 9, 2017
Pottstown
I have a phone under my ex girlfriends name with Verizon, needless to say she won't add me to the account as a primary person to change the contract so I'm stuck with a 2yr contact I can't afford, so I got at&t card and I can't get internet service!
at&t says Verizon has to unlock my phone, Verizon says it can't unlock my phone! I have at&t SIM card in it and get error message. Any clue on how to fix. plz help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just a quick experience share. I've tried the service from the first post (Mod Edit). my s8+ was locked with a highest level of encryption (hard locked) by carrier, so delivery time was around 12 hours. price was 26 $ ( 13 $ first charge + 13 $ pending amount for hard locked phone). unlock code worked well from the first try and phone is unlocked now (switched from t-mobile to vodafone because they have better mobile data speed). thanks for the link. cheers
    There is the video about my locked telephone. I have two S8+. Both was succesful unlocked by http://www.samsungsimunlock.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTBZ0A41Mc&feature=youtu.be

PS: I didn't need to install some app or something else. ...
    I'm glade that it works and how I've said .. I wanted to share my experiences with another people who need help with that. Nobody have to buy for their services. I looked for some informations How to unlock my S8+ so I tried them and every telephone was succesful unlocked for 30USD...
    Hi were you able to get your s8 freedom mobile unlocked. What was the source. I have tried several but nothing worked. Thx

my friend from canada had same issue with his wife samsung s8 freedom mobile phone sim unlocking. he asked me to help with searching for unlocking solution and we have tried around five different sim unlocking services online. for some reason almost every service refused to unlock because of "hard lock" or smth. :rolleyes: the last one we tried was samsungsimunlock.com webiste and to our surprise it worked well. price was around 26$ with taxes, delivery time around 15 hours :good:
    My phone is now unlocked.