Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Sim Unlock Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

julianalaqrua

Oct 30, 2017
Seatle
I have a phone under my ex girlfriends name with Verizon, needless to say she won't add me to the account as a primary person to change the contract so I'm stuck with a 2yr contact I can't afford, so I got at&t card and I can't get internet service!
at&t says Verizon has to unlock my phone, Verizon says it can't unlock my phone! I have at&t SIM card in it and get error message. Any clue on how to fix. plz help

You will need to add at&t APN into your phone settings and turn off Verizons. Go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (APNs) and add a new one by hitting the "+" and call it AT&T. Use at&t APN settings:

1512002985706.jpg

Once you do this, you will be able to use your data to go online, otherwise you're stuck using WiFi.

I went into an AT&T store and watched the tech guy do this to my Verizon S8 phone so that it will work with AT&T. Just added AT&Ts APN and I was good.

Hope this helps.

macmx

May 14, 2012
Stay away from SamsungSimUnlock. They are just a total SCAM.

Their software does indeed display "Device Permanently Unlocked". But their app doesn't do anything else. The phone stays locked.

Here's the proof: If you decompile their app, their main loop does the following:
Code:
public void next(View v) {
        final ProgressDialog pd = new ProgressDialog(this);
        pd.setMessage("Connecting to server...");
        pd.show();
        new Timer().schedule(new TimerTask() {

class C01651 implements Runnable {
                public void run() {
              try {
                        pd.dismiss();
                    } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                    } finally {
                        startActivity(new Intent(this, UnlockActivity.class));
                    }
                }

public void run() {
                MainActivity.this.runOnUiThread(new C01651());
            }
        }, 12000);
    }

So after 12s it shows "Permanently Unlocked". A rather expensive app that only shows a string.

Why then an @op have didn't banned @maxgibson which is part of the scam telling to all that it worked

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Contrary to popular belief Verizon phones are Locked, Drop a non Verizon sim in the phone and it will come up and tell you "Sim card not from Verizon" and not allow the phone functions to go any further, leaving you with a WiFi enabled PDA. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 set up to enable AT&T in hand right now that wont go any further. And these are built with both GSM and CDMA capability... So the myth that Verizon phones are unlocked to start with is pure BS spread by those who do not understand how the companies work. Only after unlocking this phone will work with AT&T, T-Mobile etc but from the box it's locked.

You are incorrect all Verizon devices in recent years are sim unlocked. It will tell u sim is not from verizon But most def will work as long as the VErizon version supports your carriers bands.... I have used many of them in the past on AT&T Cricket And net 10

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Due to an agreement between Verizon and the FCC, related to the 700MHz spectrum which Verizon uses for their LTE. Another part of that agreement stipulates that Verizon cannot throttle their customers with unlimited data, at least data using LTE.

You still CANNOT use a Verizon phone with another CDMA carrier such as Sprint or US Cellular and GSM carrier including AT&T and T-Mobile in the US without unlocking.

You can infact use any newer Verizon device on AT&T or Tmobile and their mvnos Without unlocking the device and you cannot use them on other cdma systems....

lecureha

Jan 5, 2009
samsung sim unlock . com

do not use idk why it was posted but you an live chat before your order after not at all they charged me" because i dont have time to research it my self "my lazyness caust me money"no responce no emails other than my purchase order which now i have to call my card company to get a refund was told 15 min waited a day and a half and a non working number so just be aware

mihaiti

Dec 25, 2017
Hello! Did u get the refund from them?

Hello, i also made the same mistake and now i am waiting for the refund. Did u get your money back?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

I also have payed them for unlocking a phone then asked again for money, and i did not agree!
Asked for a refund, they did not send back the money!
Total Scam, somebody lock them up!

AquilaPrimacy

Nov 7, 2017
Lucena City
Alternatives

There is a tool for generating Samsung unlock codes called SamKey. It works pretty well and it doesn't require root. It only requires your phone to be connected and turned on with the USB debugging mode and without sim card. It only took 5 minutes for me to unlock my client's Samsung Galaxy S8.

At ebay, you can actually buy one-time usage SamKey account (one device/3 credits) which cost only 10$ and it's safe from scam too because it uses Paypal. You can even do business with it, by buying credits from the original website, which costs 43$ (5 devices/15 credits) then resell it to your clients for 10$ each device or higher. It can also unlock old models (if lucky enough to be included in the list) which cost only 1 credit.

Last edited:

mihaiti

Dec 25, 2017
I have contacted the bluesnap and the refund was like 0.12 usd. They even bothered to send me a mail for that!

rolandguffy

Sep 15, 2017
Apparently last years S3 sim won't work with the S8+. Just got off the phone with Sprint Order Support (866-203-1816) Ordered my ISIM card (LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2).

LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2, SIMGLW416Q, that is what Sprint sent to me.
If any one is having issues getting a Sim from Customer Support. Just go to a corporate store and ask for one. They will give them to current customers for at Corporate stores. Sprint has gotten a lot better with providing Sims. With Nexus S7 Edge they had issues but now with multiple unlocked phones supporting Sprint they seem to have it fixed.

AquilaPrimacy

Nov 7, 2017
Lucena City
Recommended

Try SamKey. It doesn't just give you network (NCK) unlock codes but also the following: U-SIM, CPLock, SPCK, Subset, and Freeze codes for unlocking. It will be done in just 30 minutes or below depending on your internet connection, it doesn't require root or anything. Only a USB Debugging mode, Samsung Drivers, and a device with no sim card with it.

Note:
-You can buy accounts with three credits from eBay for only 10$ or below.
-Check the help button from the software, it contains the procedure for getting the set of unlock codes.
-Please check the supported models from their site before proceeding:
http://samkey.org/

Last edited:

jriley60

Nov 1, 2008
Atlanta
Lies

Lies.
just a quick experience share. I've tried the service from the first post (Mod Edit). my s8+ was locked with a highest level of encryption (hard locked) by carrier, so delivery time was around 12 hours. price was 26 $ ( 13 $ first charge + 13 $ pending amount for hard locked phone). unlock code worked well from the first try and phone is unlocked now (switched from t-mobile to vodafone because they have better mobile data speed). thanks for the link. cheers

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor

jamiedoe

Jan 2, 2018
That is a ripoff I will link it here shortly but there is a guy on xda that will do them in his free time free

oh that is strange, it really worked for me. but now its good that we have a free method. I am also planning to upgrade to s8+. can he also unlock this one?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cool-unlocking-samsung-z3x-box-free-t3648947
This user will unlock in his free time only..Do not be demanding or dot it now kind of crap...
It may take hima a couple days to get to you......Be patient calm and cool joe about it. I had my carrier unlock mine for free bu I made the request to this guy and it took 2 days to respond to me.
seems he also cannot unlock the s8 t-mobile. i Saw a user mentioning this from the link you sent. Where you able to unlock a t-mobile s8 or s8+ with him for free?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cool-unlocking-samsung-z3x-box-free-t3648947
This user will unlock in his free time only..Do not be demanding or dot it now kind of crap...
It may take hima a couple days to get to you......Be patient calm and cool joe about it. I had my carrier unlock mine for free bu I made the request to this guy and it took 2 days to respond to me.
seems he also cannot unlock the s8 t-mobile. i Saw a user mentioning this from the link you sent. Where you able to unlock a t-mobile s8 or s8+ with him for free?

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
oh that is strange, it really worked for me. but now its good that we have a free method. I am also planning to upgrade to s8+. can he also unlock this one?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

You would have to ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just a quick experience share. I've tried the service from the first post (Mod Edit). my s8+ was locked with a highest level of encryption (hard locked) by carrier, so delivery time was around 12 hours. price was 26 $ ( 13 $ first charge + 13 $ pending amount for hard locked phone). unlock code worked well from the first try and phone is unlocked now (switched from t-mobile to vodafone because they have better mobile data speed). thanks for the link. cheers
    There is the video about my locked telephone. I have two S8+. Both was succesful unlocked by http://www.samsungsimunlock.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTBZ0A41Mc&feature=youtu.be

PS: I didn't need to install some app or something else. ...
    I'm glade that it works and how I've said .. I wanted to share my experiences with another people who need help with that. Nobody have to buy for their services. I looked for some informations How to unlock my S8+ so I tried them and every telephone was succesful unlocked for 30USD...
    Hi were you able to get your s8 freedom mobile unlocked. What was the source. I have tried several but nothing worked. Thx

my friend from canada had same issue with his wife samsung s8 freedom mobile phone sim unlocking. he asked me to help with searching for unlocking solution and we have tried around five different sim unlocking services online. for some reason almost every service refused to unlock because of "hard lock" or smth. :rolleyes: the last one we tried was samsungsimunlock.com webiste and to our surprise it worked well. price was around 26$ with taxes, delivery time around 15 hours :good:
    My phone is now unlocked.