Samsung Galaxy Tab A(10.1 2019) SM-T510 soft-brick

Search This thread

arbmos

Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys,
im sorry if the topic doesnt fit here. I am new and not a techi. My Son just tried to flash some custom ROM on our Samsung Tab A and somehow bricked it. It is not possible for me to get into Recovery or Download Mode i have already tried all Button-Combinations. It just shows an error saying "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

I have already tried with draining the Baterry empty (described in forum thread here: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1478361) and plug it in to get the Charging symbol. But it doesnt happen. It just shows only the Error..
So i really dont have any more ideas how to get into recovery/download mode.. Is there anything i didnt tried??

It seems like the download-mode is not available. Is there a way to "install" a new one??

edit: it seems like this IS the download-mode.. anyways i think i just need the stock firmware for this model T510NZKDDBT. I cant find it via duckduck/google..
Maybe someone can help me with it?

Thank you

Last edited:

arbmos

Jan 10, 2018
nevermind!! i've figured it out. Flashed new bootloader via Odin. Now its working again

Thread can be closed!

hey bud can you help me out here?
I know I'm a year late, and you've either figured this out or moved on, but maybe I can clear this up for anyone else in the same situation.

I stuffed up and got the same message - "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

That error message screen is basically the download screen. Windows (and the Smart Switch software) won't connect to the tablet while that screen is displayed, but Odin will.

You can bring up Odin and re-flash the stock software (or whatever you need) while that message is displayed. If you still have trouble, holding power and down-volume will re-initialise the download screen, though it will still display the same "emergency recovery function" error message.

I hope that's enough of a description to get people out of trouble!