• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Audio Speaker Bug

Search This thread

Catmobile

Dec 7, 2018
The Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e has an audio bug. It is described as follow;

When using the device, in for example landscape or portait mode, the loudspeakers should actually equal the position in which in you hold the device.

Unfortunately the following can happen.

When in landscape mode, the Tab s5e speakers can become locked as if in portrait mode. This means you will have portrait speakers even when using landscape. This means no balanced speakers, no stereo sound in landscape, since audio is mono perceived at left 2 speakers and right 2 speakers.

There however seems to be a workaround.

Workaround for now;

In situation when in landscape mode, using this tablet, make sure you have a home screen that allows rotation in all 4 possibilities.

Rotate counter clockwise, at the application that allows the speakers to follow landscape or portrait mode, keep rotating, keep rotating, until you have done

From landscape with bad unwanted loudspeaker mode, go to portrait with in portrait loudspeaker mode, keep rotating to upside down in loudspeaker mode, keep rotating, keep rotating until the speakers finally lock in landscape mode again.

This happens for example when you unlock the Tab s5e when in portrait mode, and you open the device in landscape, the speaker hardware software configuration thinks the device is in portrait mode still.

At this moment there seems to be a workaround, rotating your Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e until it connects the speakers the right position.

You will notice this when for example in landscape you have no stereo sound, which is an understatement of the problem.

Things I did? Complete factory reset, not making use of any samsung related audio enhancement for example.

This is a serious bug according to myself. Maybe you will not notice it until now, but when you have read this, you will know this bug at Android 11 exists with the Tab s5e.

I assure you that what has not been seen/heard in the speaker will bother you now you know. You have the right to have the speakers to be outputted in right position no matter portrait or landscape mode!

As a musician this really annoys me a lot.

Several times a week, I keep rotating the Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e until the speakers are in the right position again according to physical and logical position.

Catmobile

Dec 7, 2018
Debug test setup

Install audio or video player that continues to play this left-center-right speakers test even in the background

Now change applications that use different orientation, a device with 4 speakers will change audio output and left center right output to the speakers that should be correct.