Samsung galaxy tab s5e lte - flash different firmware

Search This thread

rape flower

Nov 29, 2021
Ok so after three months I turned my mind back to this topic again. And yes, I struggled for a couple of hours overnight last night and got the ATT T727A flashed with Lineage. There are a few tricks: First, the USC R4 firmware can be flashed, with the modified version (3B) of Odin, which bypasses the SHA256 error check; Second, when the USC R4 firmware (latest for now is Mar 2021 version, Android 10) is flashed, the start logo changes from slick ATT to full screen big fat US Cellular. Need to wait for a few minutes and let it do its work. Through this flash, user data will not be lost. Third, the USC R4 version does have OEM Unlock automatically present and all it needs is to flip the switch, then go to download mode to unlock the bootloader. This will erase the user data. Fourth, from then on it's all standard procedures to flash any third party roms like LineageOS with MicroG pursuant to their instructions. Four hours work made a good result, and the cellular data is usable without problem.

PS: the concept of timed OEM unlock switch (a week after factory reset) is wrong. It's non-existent so do not waste time on it. Just straigntly flash the USC R4 Version. To flash other roms like Lineage, it would be better to download the Odin with their specified version to prevent hiccups.
您好,很高兴看到您的回复,但我是按照您的步骤操作的。解锁过程中,重启后系统中没有出现OEM按钮。你能帮我做一个更详细的操作步骤吗?

Translated by GT: Hello, I am glad to see your reply, but I followed your steps. During the unlocking process, there is no OEM button in the system after restarting. Can you help me do a more detailed procedure?

Last edited by a moderator:

rape flower

Nov 29, 2021
好吧,三个月后我又把注意力转回到这个话题上。是的,昨晚我挣扎了几个小时,让 ATT T727A 闪现了 Lineage。有几个技巧:一是可以刷USC R4固件,用Odin的修改版(3B),绕过SHA256错误检查;其次,刷入USC R4固件(目前最新为2021年3月版,Android 10)时,启动标志从slick ATT变成全屏大胖US Cellular。需要等待几分钟,让它完成它的工作。通过此闪存,用户数据不会丢失。第三,USC R4 版本确实有 OEM Unlock 自动出现,它需要的只是翻转开关,然后进入下载模式以解锁引导加载程序。这将删除用户数据。四、从那以后吧' 按照他们的说明使用 MicroG 刷新任何第三方 rom(如 LineageOS)的所有标准程序。四个小时的工作取得了不错的成绩,蜂窝数据可以正常使用。

PS:定时 OEM 解锁开关(恢复出厂设置一周后)的概念是错误的。它不存在,所以不要在上面浪费时间。直接刷 USC R4 版本即可。要刷新其他 rom,例如 Lineage,最好下载指定版本的 Odin 以防止出现问题。
我很高兴看到你的指导。我按照您的指示操作了我的标签 t727A 闪进了血统,它变成了 t725,但蜂窝网络仍然无法识别它。蜂窝网络只能在库存固件下使用,希望得到您的帮助。

Translated by GT: I am very happy to see your guidance. I followed your instructions and operated my tag t727A. It flashed into the lineage, and it became t725, but the cellular network still couldn’t recognize it. Cellular network can only be used under stock firmware, hope to get your help.

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
LG V60 ThinQ
我很高兴看到你的指导。我按照您的指示操作了我的标签 t727A 闪进了血统,它变成了 t725,但蜂窝网络仍然无法识别它。蜂窝网络只能在库存固件下使用,希望得到您的帮助。

Translated by GT: I am very happy to see your guidance. I followed your instructions and operated my tag t727A. It flashed into the lineage, and it became t725, but the cellular network still couldn’t recognize it. Cellular network can only be used under stock firmware, hope to get your help.
any interesting with Lineage ?

lawofone

Jan 2, 2022
Good news everyone! o.o My SM-T727A is now running LineageOS! Here are the step by step instructions:

PLEASE NOTE: After the whole process is complete, my tablet states it's an SM-T725 in the Android About screen because you need to flash the US Cellular firmware as a workaround to unlock the bootloader. Also, when restarting the tablet, a screen appears that states "This tablet's bootloader is unlocked and its software integrity can't be verified." Then another screen states "The tablet is not running Samsung's official software." Then the LineageOS splash screen appears and the system loads. :) The information below is provided for your informational purposes only. Proceed at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD US CELLULAR FIRMWARE
FLASH FIRMWARE
UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
FLASH LINEAGEOS

Download Frija at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/
Extract the zip file.
Open Frija.exe as an administrator.
Enter the following information into the program:
Model:SM-T727R4
CSC:USC
Auto:checked
Click check update.
Click download and save.
My Frija downloaded: SM-T727R4_2_20211029161118_ijtwqlgpl4_fac.zip.enc4

FLASH FIRMWARE
Download a patched version of Odin at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/
I downloaded "Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip".
Extract the zip file.
Open "Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.exe" as an administrator.
Power off the tablet and boot it into download mode: with the tablet powered off, hold Volume up + Volume Down + Power. At the prompt, click the button that on the onscreen instructions that correlates to “Continue.”
Download and install the newest Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe" from https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
Connect the tablet to your computer using a USB cable. It should appear in Odin above where it says "ID:COM" as something like "0:[COM3]" or "COM0".
Load the BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC files from the US Cellular firmware folder that you extracted into their respective places in Odin. Ignore the other "CSC_..." file.
Click start. A progress bar should appear at the bottom of your tablet screen.
WAIT until Odin displays PASS! on the top left and "All threads completed." in the log.
Your tablet will restart automatically and show the US Cellular logo.

UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
Go through setup wizard inputting the minimal amount necessary, skipping as many things as you can but do connect to a Wi-Fi network during setup. This allows the tablet to adjust the date/time automatically.
Once at the Android home screen (YAYY!), go to Settings (swipe down from the very top and hit the gear icon) > About Tablet > Software information.
Tap on "Build number" until Developer options is activated.
Go to Settings > Developer options.
Tap on the switch next to "OEM unlocking" and tap "Turn on" at the prompt.
Tap on the switch next to "USB debugging" and tap "OK" at the prompt.

FLASH LINEAGEOS
Continue with the instructions on the LineageOS site after the "OEM unlock" step.

Thank you purplerose1414, Wieczorkiewicz and everyone on this thread for your help.

Reactions: tbtbtata

tbtbtata

Oct 26, 2020
Good news everyone! o.o My SM-T727A is now running LineageOS! Here are the step by step instructions:
Thanks a lot, I have followed your tutorial to the dot with my Samsung T727v.02 official firmware that was full of bloatware, and it worked perfectly.
Load the BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC files from the US Cellular firmware folder that you extracted into their respective places in Odin. Ignore the other "CSC_..." file.
Just a note for future readers: the "HOME_CSC" goes into the "CSC" field, still, and every time you load one of those files, there is a loading time (checking the checksum), just be patient…
Also, as usual, the first time the tablet reboots, it takes quite a while.

tbtbtata

Oct 26, 2020
Just FYI, the exact info about this tablet (in French, sorry, but the serial and version numbers are universal :))

info_1.jpg info_2.jpg

tbtbtata

Oct 26, 2020
And, just one last note: for some reason I was never able to make the recovery.img given by lineage at
works. (link obtained from https://download.lineageos.org/gts4lv ). I have checked the checksum and everything, but always ended up starting android default's recovery.

So, I have used twrp instead, the version from

But other than that, lineage works just fine on this un-breakable, OEM-locked tablet, once you know how to proceed :)
Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where did you find the T727R4 firmware?

Frija! Use CSC code USC on auto mode, boom. Now it's US cellular, which did not like my Verizon sim card at all, so here's a really short summary and links to much better help to do all this (knowing all risks and pitfalls etc.) and end up rooted and your Verizon sim still functioning.

Few things, one this was written up with a Verizon s5e in mind, I don't know if the PITs are different for the other carriers, so this one operates with Verizon's in mind. Two, you MUST have a patched Odin. Also standard advice of backing up everything before hand, and finally, I was dumb and had my SIM card in during the whole process. I'm not sure it had any ill effect but if you want to be super safe, go ahead and keep it out until you're on T727U firmware.

Pre-note: I have no clue if you can substitute t727v for t727u in the following write up. I wanted all traces of Verizon out of my tablet when I was figuring how to enable the Bootloader unlock. We're using the R4 BL files for the whole process so it may or may not effect anything as far as that goes.

1. Do a standard flash of the R4 official Samsung firmware. (You might have to use the us cellular pit for this flash. If so remember to use either the U or V pit for step 3.)

2. Follow AHE_XDA's fantastic guide, right now only the parts about unlocking the bootloader.

3.Once that's done, flash The AP of T727U firmware, with the cp and csc ofT727V Note: Not the BL. We do not flash anything to the BL after the R4 firmware in step 1.
    Addendum: Use the Verizon pit (usa_open) when flashing to t727U the first time if you get a "could not open file on line ****" error from odin.

4: Follow the rest of AHE_XDA's guide on rooting and there you go!

PLEASE NOTE: After the whole process is complete, my tablet states it's an SM-T725 in the Android About screen because you need to flash the US Cellular firmware as a workaround to unlock the bootloader. Also, when restarting the tablet, a screen appears that states "This tablet's bootloader is unlocked and its software integrity can't be verified." Then another screen states "The tablet is not running Samsung's official software." Then the LineageOS splash screen appears and the system loads. :) The information below is provided for your informational purposes only. Proceed at your own risk.

FLASH FIRMWARE
    UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
    FLASH LINEAGEOS

Download Frija at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/
    Extract the zip file.
    Open Frija.exe as an administrator.
    Enter the following information into the program:
    Model:SM-T727R4
    CSC:USC
    Auto:checked
    Click check update.
    Click download and save.
    My Frija downloaded: SM-T727R4_2_20211029161118_ijtwqlgpl4_fac.zip.enc4

FLASH FIRMWARE
    Download a patched version of Odin at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/
    I downloaded "Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip".
    Extract the zip file.
    Open "Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.exe" as an administrator.
    Power off the tablet and boot it into download mode: with the tablet powered off, hold Volume up + Volume Down + Power. At the prompt, click the button that on the onscreen instructions that correlates to “Continue.”
    Download and install the newest Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe" from https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
    Connect the tablet to your computer using a USB cable. It should appear in Odin above where it says "ID:COM" as something like "0:[COM3]" or "COM0".
    Click start. A progress bar should appear at the bottom of your tablet screen.
    WAIT until Odin displays PASS! on the top left and "All threads completed." in the log.
    Your tablet will restart automatically and show the US Cellular logo.

UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
    Go through setup wizard inputting the minimal amount necessary, skipping as many things as you can but do connect to a Wi-Fi network during setup. This allows the tablet to adjust the date/time automatically.
    Once at the Android home screen (YAYY!), go to Settings (swipe down from the very top and hit the gear icon) > About Tablet > Software information.
    Tap on "Build number" until Developer options is activated.
    Go to Settings > Developer options.
    Tap on the switch next to "OEM unlocking" and tap "Turn on" at the prompt.
    Tap on the switch next to "USB debugging" and tap "OK" at the prompt.

FLASH LINEAGEOS
    Continue with the instructions on the LineageOS site after the "OEM unlock" step.

Thank you purplerose1414, Wieczorkiewicz and everyone on this thread for your help.