• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Riru Xposed Experiences

Search This thread

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
I am soliciting info about your experiences with Riru Xposed on your S5e.

My experience was that it seemed to really slow the tablet down (I say 'seemed' because at the same time I was also doing some extreme debloating/deleting that could have very likely caused the problem--I know, I should have installed Riru Xposed on to a well performing/healthy tablet--my bad).

Anyways, either my debloating/deleting, or installing Riru Xposed caused the tablet to be so laggy that I uninstalled Riru. This didn't improve responsiveness so I then enabled *everything*. Still the same, so I took the step of going back to stock and rooting again.

This where I am now, with only a few packages disabled and a still-snappy, well performing device. Before I start messing with Riru Xposed again I'd like to know how well others have fared using it.

• The Riru variant I used before was 'SandHook'--does the 'YAHFA' variant affect device performance differently?

• Have you installed Riru? and are you happy with your tablet's performance?

• Do you have any advice/suggestions?
Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Installed Riru Xposed (YAHFA).
Antutu raw numbers below.
Screenshots of full results at https://bit.ly/2VXRoLt

Also worth noting is that all test results are with 124 packages disabled.

• BEFORE THEMING - 156271
  • AFTER THEMING - 155097
  • XPOSED no modules - 147698
  • XPOSED & 7 modules - 148004
The differences are nominal, but the tablet is noticeably laggy.

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
For the curiosity enabled, Antutu 8 results (Riru SandHook)

Attachments

• ss_20190803_020850.jpg
    ss_20190803_020850.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 98

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
YAHFA Seems Best

I've gone back and forth between using the SandHook and YAHFA variants. I'm currently using Riru - EdXposed v0.4.5.1_beta(4463) (YAHFA) Updated on: Aug 2, 2019 and am very happy with performance, after I DELETED all the phone related packages.

I'd noticed UX slow-down after installing Riru Xposed before, but this time it was extreme. I did a bit of investigating, and discovered that one of the 'phone' apps was crashing multiple times a second. (In my rush to fix it, I didn't collect more specific info).

I did what I have always done in the past on my rooted WiFi-only devices—I deleted all phone related folders and apps, and rebooted. All is good now.

A, hopefully inclusive, list of stuff I deleted in the data/data, data/user, system/app, and system/priv-app folders on my T720 WiFi-only tablet:

Anything with these in the name

• blocked number
  • call
  • carrier
  • csc
  • cts
  • dialer
  • mobile
  • phone
  • sim (be sure it's phone related)
  • stk
  • telecom
  • telephony
Reboot immediately after to avoid a flood of 'errors'. You won't see them after boot, and your logcat will be 'cleaner'.

Note, this is in addition to my ever-growing (currently 142) number of 'frozen/debloated' packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: handydandy
I've gone back and forth between using the SandHook and YAHFA variants. I'm currently using Riru - EdXposed v0.4.5.1_beta(4463) (YAHFA) Updated on: Aug 2, 2019 and am very happy with performance, after I DELETED all the phone related packages.

I'd noticed UX slow-down after installing Riru Xposed before, but this time it was extreme. I did a bit of investigating, and discovered that one of the 'phone' apps was crashing multiple times a second. (In my rush to fix it, I didn't collect more specific info).

I did what I have always done in the past on my rooted WiFi-only devices—I deleted all phone related folders and apps, and rebooted. All is good now.

A, hopefully inclusive, list of stuff I deleted in the data/data, data/user, system/app, and system/priv-app folders on my T720 WiFi-only tablet:

blocked number
call
carrier
csc
cts
dialer
mobile
phone
sim (be sure it's phone related)
stk
telecom
telephony

Reboot immediately after to avoid a flood of 'errors'. You won't see them after boot, and your logcat will be 'cleaner'.

Note, this is in addition to my ever-growing (currently 142) number of 'frozen/debloated' packages.

Hi, I'm curious as to what would be better. De-bloating and or deleting stock apps or installing custom rom ? Recently picked up a Tab S5e after price dropped to $399.99 for 6GB/128GB wifi unit. Now to decide on what to do with it, so slimmed down stock or custom? Now that it appears some time has gone by how do you rate your experience to date? Not sure if custom rom was an option available when you started with yours or not but would like to study options before making a decision. Info and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: pierro78

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Hi, I'm curious as to what would be better. De-bloating and or deleting stock apps or installing custom rom ? Recently picked up a Tab S5e after price dropped to $399.99 for 6GB/128GB wifi unit. Now to decide on what to do with it, so slimmed down stock or custom? Now that it appears some time has gone by how do you rate your experience to date? Not sure if custom rom was an option available when you started with yours or not but would like to study options before making a decision. Info and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I went with, and highly recommend, installing a custom ROM—ANYTHING BUT HUAWEI! Icould go on about Huawei being a 'privately owned company' that is, ofc, at the very least influenced by the Chinese Communist Party and their goal of "EA3 Tracking"—my term for Google also, that means "Tracking Everyone Everywhere Eveything Always", but I won't. ?

I'm using Lineage OS. Still on 15.1 just because it's my secondary tablet now, and just haven't got around to it.

LOS is snappier, cleaner Android. No Google unless you choose to install it. No loss of functionality, imo, but I don't use 'fingerprint', which last I heard is still an issue for all LOS ROMs.

Last edited:
I went with, and highly recommend, installing a custom ROM—ANYTHING BUT HUAWEI! Icould go on about Huawei being a 'privately owned company' that is, ofc, at the very least influenced by the Chinese Communist Party and their goal of "EA3 Tracking"—my term for Google also, that means "Tracking Everyone Everywhere Eveything Always", but I won't.

I'm using Lineage OS. Still on 15.1 just because it's my secondary tablet now, and just haven't got around to it.

LOS is snappier, cleaner Android. No Google unless you choose to install it. No loss of functionality, imo, but I don't use 'fingerprint', which last I heard is still an issue for all LOS ROMs.

Almost sounds like talking to myself, but in a good way. I too cannot stand google's data thieving and lies on top of lies. They already know more about everyone than most people understand. I have tried explaining it to some that can't understand we forget **** from time to time and google keeps record of it all. Therefore they know more about you than you do because they don't forget. Anyway, appreciate the response. Just downloaded LuisROM Unofficial RR even though EOL was a couple months ago. Not really wanting to go to Android 10 as I'm not always chasing latest and not necessarily greatest. Have to see how it takes to signature spoofing for micro-g. Finally couldn't agree more about Huawei, have one of their little tabs that I can't unlock or root and have a working twrp I ported for it when bootloader was unlockable (owned several) didn't think about it being un-lockable till I picked it up dirt cheap frp locked on ebay. Now can't do crap with it as far as unlock or root and I own a Sigma Key, so yeah Huawei sucks.

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Almost sounds like talking to myself, but in a good way. I too cannot stand google's data thieving and lies on top of lies. They already know more about everyone than most people understand. I have tried explaining it to some that can't understand we forget **** from time to time and google keeps record of it all. Therefore they know more about you than you do because they don't forget. Anyway, appreciate the response. Just downloaded LuisROM Unofficial RR even though EOL was a couple months ago. Not really wanting to go to Android 10 as I'm not always chasing latest and not necessarily greatest. Have to see how it takes to signature spoofing for micro-g. Finally couldn't agree more about Huawei, have one of their little tabs that I can't unlock or root and have a working twrp I ported for it when bootloader was unlockable (owned several) didn't think about it being un-lockable till I picked it up dirt cheap frp locked on ebay. Now can't do crap with it as far as unlock or root and I own a Sigma Key, so yeah Huawei sucks.
I woke up this morning and the first thing that popped in to my head was, "I just wrote a Huawei rant about a Samsung tablet on xda!" When I wrote it I had just finished a lengthy 'discussion with a, lets say naive friend, about Huawei, so I had all my Huawei/CCP stuff loaded up and ready to fire. ? The Google stuff still stands, though. Also, what wrote about LOS 15.1.

I'll never buy another Huawei anything because the aforementioned locking, in addition to my newfound distrust of anything to do with that company. I bought a Huawei M5 tablet a couple of years ago and had to pay some online site $15 bucks for an unlock key so I could root! Pissed me off so much!

BTW, since my previous post I came up with a few other initializations/acroynms for Everything Everywhere Everyone All-The-Time Tracking; feel free to use them:

E3AT3
EEEATTT
or just plain EAT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am soliciting info about your experiences with Riru Xposed on your S5e.

My experience was that it seemed to really slow the tablet down (I say 'seemed' because at the same time I was also doing some extreme debloating/deleting that could have very likely caused the problem--I know, I should have installed Riru Xposed on to a well performing/healthy tablet--my bad).

Anyways, either my debloating/deleting, or installing Riru Xposed caused the tablet to be so laggy that I uninstalled Riru. This didn't improve responsiveness so I then enabled *everything*. Still the same, so I took the step of going back to stock and rooting again.

This where I am now, with only a few packages disabled and a still-snappy, well performing device. Before I start messing with Riru Xposed again I'd like to know how well others have fared using it.

• The Riru variant I used before was 'SandHook'--does the 'YAHFA' variant affect device performance differently?

• Have you installed Riru? and are you happy with your tablet's performance?

• Do you have any advice/suggestions?
    Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks
    YAHFA Seems Best

• blocked number
    • call
    • carrier
    • csc
    • cts
    • dialer
    • mobile
    • phone
    • sim (be sure it's phone related)
    • stk
    • telecom
    • telephony

blocked number
    call
    carrier
    csc
    cts
    dialer
    mobile
    phone
    sim (be sure it's phone related)
    stk
    telecom
    telephony

I went with, and highly recommend, installing a custom ROM—ANYTHING BUT HUAWEI! Icould go on about Huawei being a 'privately owned company' that is, ofc, at the very least influenced by the Chinese Communist Party and their goal of "EA3 Tracking"—my term for Google also, that means "Tracking Everyone Everywhere Eveything Always", but I won't. ?

I went with, and highly recommend, installing a custom ROM—ANYTHING BUT HUAWEI! Icould go on about Huawei being a 'privately owned company' that is, ofc, at the very least influenced by the Chinese Communist Party and their goal of "EA3 Tracking"—my term for Google also, that means "Tracking Everyone Everywhere Eveything Always", but I won't.