Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e T725N LTE root/custom ROMs current state?

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
When will people learn that you don't buy an LTE late model tablet if you want to root and install custom ROMs. If I have seen this question once "Will this ROM work on my LTE tablet?", I've seen it a hundred times. And the answer is ALWAYS NO. I would think that 99% of the people who buy a tablet in the price range of the T720, also have a smartphone. So why do you need LTE in the tablet? Personally, before buying ANY tablet, I check the XDA forums to see what kind of custom ROMs are available.

Wussie1337

Feb 11, 2017
When will people learn that you don't buy an LTE late model tablet if you want to root and install custom ROMs. If I have seen this question once "Will this ROM work on my LTE tablet?", I've seen it a hundred times. And the answer is ALWAYS NO. I would think that 99% of the people who buy a tablet in the price range of the T720, also have a smartphone. So why do you need LTE in the tablet? Personally, before buying ANY tablet, I check the XDA forums to see what kind of custom ROMs are available.
Some people want or need the LTE functionality. I use a tablet for surfing and chatting while commuting (4 hours per work day, in winter sometimes even longer). The trains and busses in my region have no Wifi. Why not getting a smartphone? I'm visually impaired (glasses don't help for my issue) and everthing below 10" is unusuable for me. Additionally, I have some motorical problems and have issues hitting keys on a small virtual keyboard on a smartphone.

PS: I don't have bought it already. I ask before buying ;)

Is there any reason why root or custom ROMs for the LTE variants are so rare?

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Some people want or need the LTE functionality. I use a tablet for surfing and chatting while commuting (4 hours per work day, in winter sometimes even longer). The trains and busses in my region have no Wifi. Why not getting a smartphone? I'm visually impaired (glasses don't help for my issue) and everthing below 10" is unusuable for me. Additionally, I have some motorical problems and have issues hitting keys on a small virtual keyboard on a smartphone.

PS: I don't have bought it already. I ask before buying ;)

Is there any reason why root or custom ROMs for the LTE variants are so rare?
They are rare because the devs don't own them. Many devs have attempted to create ROMs for the LTE versions of their wifi only tablets and have given up the idea because they have no way of trouble shooting problems.

As to your "commute", there is a simple solution. Buy a "hotspot" device. Even a cheap smartphone can be used. You don't have to be able to "see" it because it only requires being setup once. Then a wifi only tablet can connect through it when there is no other wifi available.

lapora

Mar 12, 2019

I am in the 1% who use the LTE version and i don't have a smartphone i call and sent messages from the tablet, I root it and i don't care if there custom rom.

Wussie1337

Feb 11, 2017
As to your "commute", there is a simple solution. Buy a "hotspot" device. Even a cheap smartphone can be used. You don't have to be able to "see" it because it only requires being setup once. Then a wifi only tablet can connect through it when there is no other wifi available.
Thanks for this tip, but my preference is just having to take care of and charge one device.

I am in the 1% who use the LTE version and i don't have a smartphone i call and sent messages from the tablet, I root it and i don't care if there custom rom.
Yes, rooting would be me primary wish, too. Basically because of Titanium Backup and kernel tweaking.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for this tip, but my preference is just having to take care of and charge one device.

Yes, rooting would be me primary wish, too. Basically because of Titanium Backup and kernel tweaking.
To each his own. But for the small inconvience of having to charge two devices, you are ostracizing yourself to the one percent and have to abide by the results. I'm just the oppisite. I had to have Amazon clear out my Kindle Unlimited device list but it had me down for having close to 200. Everytime I'd install a new Android version on one of my devices, Unlimited would log it as a new device.:p

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
To each his own. But for the small inconvience of having to charge two devices, you are ostracizing yourself to the one percent and have to abide by the results. I'm just the oppisite. I had to have Amazon clear out my Kindle Unlimited device list but it had me down for having close to 200. Everytime I'd install a new Android version on one of my devices, Unlimited would log it as a new device.:p
Exactly. This is complaining why the dev community is not supporting a very very small percentage of he population who have no phone and only a tablet. The simple answer is as you said, use your phone as a hotspot. If you don't have a phone that's on you SMH

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

hugoIsMe

Jun 15, 2020
Hi ,I have flushed the T720 rom(based on lineage-17.1) to T725 successfully, but the wifi model crashes per thirty seconds, today i downloaded the t725 official rom,and i will try to extract the wifi model to build directory. I dont konw if this is the right way, but I will try it.

hugoIsMe

Jun 15, 2020
Hi ,I have flushed the T720 rom(based on lineage-17.1) to T725 successfully, but the wifi model crashes per thirty seconds, today i downloaded the t725 official rom,and i will try to extract the wifi model to build directory. I dont konw if this is the right way, but I will try it.

Unfortunately,it does not work. I built it successfully,and flush it to T725, but the device cannot boot successfully, it's stuck on the startup page “The tablet is not running Samsung's official software....................."
I have no idea now.

hugoIsMe

Jun 15, 2020
What is the current state of rooting and custom ROMs for the LTE variant (full code of model sold in my home country: SM-T725NZKADBT)?
I saw some threads like https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-s5e/help/root-samsung-galaxy-tab-s5e-sm-t725-t3926742 but they are old (but Samsung is releasing updates regularly) or closed or mix it up with the non-LTE device.

Hi guy, thanks Luk1337 for his help, i have built a rom for samsung t725 successfully, it bases on t720 and lineage-17.1 , I have modified the wifi model (source extracted from samsung official rom) and finally it works on my t725c . I only tested the wifi connection and have not tested the lte model because i have no idle sim card to test.
So if you need it ,you can build it by yourself ,with some special configurations. Or I can share you the rom I built yesterday.

Wussie1337

Feb 11, 2017
I suggest sharing it for the public as I don't have time nowadays for tests and backups.
But a huge thx for the efforts :)

Quietsch

Jan 14, 2009
ok, but where to upload it? it has a large size with 866 003KB. I can noly use Baidu Cloud Disk now , but seems that not some people use it outside of China .
pls post an available upload address below. ;)

in telegram messenger you can send files up to 1.3Gig. You can open a channel there

Last edited:

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
Luk1337 should upload it to hes website like other rom he have there. I have the SM-T725 and i would like to use your lineage os on it. Luk1337 is going to update it regulary like the SM-T720 rom he have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quietsch

hugoIsMe

Jun 15, 2020
The wifi works on your rom ?

yes ,the wifi works fine. In some countries, you may need to configure captive-portal, to avoid the wifi connection error prompts.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

in telegram messenger you can send files up to 1.3Gig. You can open a channel there

I have to postpone the upload, because I found some mic problems, sometimes the microphone can’t handle voice input correctly, Im trying to fix it.

vicechico

Jan 14, 2015
yes ,the wifi works fine. In some countries, you may need to configure captive-portal, to avoid the wifi connection error prompts.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

I have to postpone the upload, because I found some mic problems, sometimes the microphone can’t handle voice input correctly, Im trying to fix it.

Sorry , how to setup captive-portal?

hugoIsMe

Jun 15, 2020
if you connect to a wifi ,google will try to connect to a websit to verify the quality of it. and if you get a prompt "Connected, no internet", it means that you need to config the captive-portal, use the command below:
Code:
adb shell settings put global captive_portal_https_url https://connect.rom.miui.com/generate_204

Note: https://connect.rom.miui.com/generate_204 is working for China area, you should replace it to your own country's server url.

jgn.kit

Jun 30, 2020

Hi, have you achieved fixing the error?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the current state of rooting and custom ROMs for the LTE variant (full code of model sold in my home country: SM-T725NZKADBT)?
    I saw some threads like https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-s5e/help/root-samsung-galaxy-tab-s5e-sm-t725-t3926742 but they are old (but Samsung is releasing updates regularly) or closed or mix it up with the non-LTE device.

Hi guy, thanks Luk1337 for his help, i have built a rom for samsung t725 successfully, it bases on t720 and lineage-17.1 , I have modified the wifi model (source extracted from samsung official rom) and finally it works on my t725c . I only tested the wifi connection and have not tested the lte model because i have no idle sim card to test.
    So if you need it ,you can build it by yourself ,with some special configurations. Or I can share you the rom I built yesterday.
    I suggest sharing it for the public as I don't have time nowadays for tests and backups.
    But a huge thx for the efforts :)

ok, but where to upload it? it has a large size with 866 003KB. I can noly use Baidu Cloud Disk now , but seems that not some people use it outside of China .
    pls post an available upload address below. ;)
    Luk1337 should upload it to hes website like other rom he have there. I have the SM-T725 and i would like to use your lineage os on it. Luk1337 is going to update it regulary like the SM-T720 rom he have.
    The wifi works on your rom ?

if you connect to a wifi ,google will try to connect to a websit to verify the quality of it. and if you get a prompt "Connected, no internet", it means that you need to config the captive-portal, use the command below:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global captive_portal_https_url https://connect.rom.miui.com/generate_204

Note: https://connect.rom.miui.com/generate_204 is working for China area, you should replace it to your own country's server url.