Question Samsung galaxy watch 4 - Play music offline

Search This thread

BartVW89

Sep 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

I bought the watch, I have a one plus phone and galaxy pro earbuds.
However, I don't have spotify or youtube premium.
I wonder how I can listen to music offine (for sports: to fo for a run).

Thanks

etower333k

Jun 28, 2013
Ouya
You can sync music from your phone to the GW4 and it will be available off line. I have a Samsung phone and have tracks on the phone. Here I use Samsung Music and it allows me to create playlist on the phone.
Then I use the Wear app and go to Watch Settings and select Manager content then select the playlist.

BartVW89

Sep 2, 2021
You can sync music from your phone to the GW4 and it will be available off line. I have a Samsung phone and have tracks on the phone. Here I use Samsung Music and it allows me to create playlist on the phone.
Then I use the Wear app and go to Watch Settings and select Manager content then select the playlist.
I have tracks on my oneplus phone, however, I cannot find the right app that matches with the samsung music app on the watch because the app cannot be downloaded on the oneplus nord. I tried several from the play store but none work. Any ideas?

etower333k

Jun 28, 2013
Ouya
Getting Samsung Music may not work.. It could be locked out on non Samsung devices.

Perhaps you can load the music manually using Wear File Manager. Here you install Wear File Manager on your watch. The app is suppose to connect to PC/phone to uploads files.

I check and the music on my GW4 and they are installed in directory Music/GalaxyWearable(/AutoSync (.m4a) and the playlist are in Music (.m3u)

good luck!

scuba1999

Oct 22, 2011
I've found the playlist sync functionality to be broken or deprecated for GW4. It wasn't working (only the 4 default playlists were visible in the Galaxy Wear app, not any of my custom playlists from Samsung Music), so I connected an old GW3 to the same phone. Now, in the same instance of the Galaxy Wear app on the phone, I can see all of my Samsung Music playlists in the "manage content" section, and can properly sync those playlists. Any idea for why this isn't working on GW4 with the latest version of Wear OS? Is it something that wear OS breaks?