Samsung Galaxy Watch will not pair/finish setup after installing Magisk

Search This thread

live4thamuzik

Dec 28, 2014
West Brookfield
Hello,

I am curious to see if anyone else had or still has this issue and if there is a fix for it.

Devices involved:
Phone - Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N9600) Android Version: 8.1.0 Build Number N9600ZHU1ARH2 (08/01/2018 release)
Watch - Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (LTE model through T-Mobile) on latest firmware

Before rooting with Magisk I was able to pair the watch to the phone using the Galaxy Wearable App and use the watch with no problems.

After rooting with Magisk v17.1 (stable) I was no longer able to pair the watch. It would start out fine by showing a matching passkey on both devices. I accept the code and they would begin to pair. Once the watch displays "Use phone to complete setup" is when the problems presented.

The Galaxy Wearable app will say its pairing the devices but shows nothing and keeps sending a notification saying it sees the watch and asks to connect or cancel. I tap connect and I get a white screen with a spinning circle. After 3-5 seconds the white screen goes away and 3-5 seconds later I am asked to connect the watch again.

If I go to Settings>Connections>Bluetooth (on the phone) I can see the watch is paired but the app will not complete setup. (I can pair to my car Bluetooth and JBL Charge 4 speaker with no problems)

I am using Magisk Hide on the Galaxy Watch Plugin, Galaxy Wearable App, and Samsung Accessory Service but that hasn't helped. Nor does uninstalling and reinstalling Galaxy Wearable App.
I upgraded Magisk to v17.3 (beta) and still have the same issue.
SafetyNet check pass on ctsProfile and basicIntegrity

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying notification from SecurityLogAgent that says:
"Security Notice
Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo these actions"

Tapping on the notification opens Device Security and then tapping restart in device Security boots to TWRP

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I am curious to see if anyone else had or still has this issue and if there is a fix for it.

Devices involved:
    Phone - Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N9600) Android Version: 8.1.0 Build Number N9600ZHU1ARH2 (08/01/2018 release)
    Watch - Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (LTE model through T-Mobile) on latest firmware

Before rooting with Magisk I was able to pair the watch to the phone using the Galaxy Wearable App and use the watch with no problems.

After rooting with Magisk v17.1 (stable) I was no longer able to pair the watch. It would start out fine by showing a matching passkey on both devices. I accept the code and they would begin to pair. Once the watch displays "Use phone to complete setup" is when the problems presented.

The Galaxy Wearable app will say its pairing the devices but shows nothing and keeps sending a notification saying it sees the watch and asks to connect or cancel. I tap connect and I get a white screen with a spinning circle. After 3-5 seconds the white screen goes away and 3-5 seconds later I am asked to connect the watch again.

If I go to Settings>Connections>Bluetooth (on the phone) I can see the watch is paired but the app will not complete setup. (I can pair to my car Bluetooth and JBL Charge 4 speaker with no problems)

I am using Magisk Hide on the Galaxy Watch Plugin, Galaxy Wearable App, and Samsung Accessory Service but that hasn't helped. Nor does uninstalling and reinstalling Galaxy Wearable App.
    I upgraded Magisk to v17.3 (beta) and still have the same issue.
    SafetyNet check pass on ctsProfile and basicIntegrity

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying notification from SecurityLogAgent that says:
    "Security Notice
    Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo these actions"

Tapping on the notification opens Device Security and then tapping restart in device Security boots to TWRP

Thanks!!