• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 faulty

Search This thread

neilfer

Sep 2, 2021
I got my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 on 20th August and less than 2 weeks later the phone is faulty and I have to sent it back. The problem is when I open the big screen as far as it goes it switches the phone off completely and I have to go to the small screen and press the power on button to swich it on. If I half open the big screen it still works.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
I got my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 on 20th August and less than 2 weeks later the phone is faulty and I have to sent it back. The problem is when I open the big screen as far as it goes it switches the phone off completely and I have to go to the small screen and press the power on button to swich it on. If I half open the big screen it still works.
You didn't turn the sensor off in developer options did you? This will make the big screen unresponsive and stay off when you open it

Did you try a factory data reset?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Meh, the fail is strong with Samsung this year.
At least hold off a bit if you want this phone; let others take the ride before you decide.
Latter production runs might also have issues fixed by then.
Issues with the S21U are also cropping up.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I think the probability of getting two Folds in a row with defective screens is very low. You'll be fine.
Maybe not. Samsung's been imploding across the board this year. With their apps and multiple device hardware failures. No joke. Multiple threads on XDA of issues and phone returns.

Just had a Wearables update puke all over me last night. It has defied a solution so far and the Buds+ only work right on phone calls.
Never saw that before.
Samsung's Good Lock app homepage graphics look horrible now too with little critters jumping around.
The Fail is strong with Samsung... now.

That’s a strange thing to say. I did want it as I paid a lot of money for the phone and expect it to last longer than 2 weeks. :)
If you really want it, then do the warranty exchange and get a new one. No product line is 100% perfect. There will always be defective units. But that doesn't mean every single device will fail within two weeks. That's the most asinine thing I've heard all day.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If you really want it, then do the warranty exchange and get a new one. No product line is 100% perfect. There will always be defective units. But that doesn't mean every single device will fail within two weeks. That's the most asinine thing I've heard all day.
The best possible failure scenario is that a device does it within its return window.
So the OP was lucky in that respect.
I be pi$$ed too for all that trouble.
Meh... once bitten, twice shy.

gordec

Aug 21, 2007
San Francisco, CA
If you preordered, Samsung included Care+ for 1 year for free. Not sure if this is offered outside of the US. It's really a great device kind of a game changer for me.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Maybe not. Samsung's been imploding across the board this year. With their apps and multiple device hardware failures. No joke. Multiple threads on XDA of issues and phone returns.

Just had a Wearables update puke all over me last night. It has defied a solution so far and the Buds+ only work right on phone calls.
Never saw that before.
Samsung's Good Lock app homepage graphics look horrible now too with little critters jumping around.
Samsung isn't imploding. Realize that they sell tens of millions of devices and a small minority of people who purchase their products are here complaining about things on XDA. There is no widespread news coverage of Samsung making faulty devices, well, not since the Note 7. Your post is an exaggeration.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung isn't imploding. Realize that they sell tens of millions of devices and a small minority of people who purchase their products are here complaining about things on XDA. There is no widespread news coverage of Samsung making faulty devices, well, not since the Note 7. Your post is an exaggeration.
Time will tell🤣
Just order my second new 10+.
I don't share your optimism or wuv of storage deficient devices.
My first 10+ still looks, runs like it's new, fast, stable and fulfilling it's mission with 1tb of storage, soon to be expanded to 1.5tb.
I rejected the Note 20U because of poorer run time, Adroid 10, poorer color rendering and unreasonable price. Not enough bang for the buck.

So imagine what I think about every release from Samsung since then... and I'm not near as kind as you.
2021 is already a dead year for Sammy👎

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
I won’t be getting another Fold 3. if the display fails in under 2 weeks there’s a good chance it could happen again.
That's a good choice... Look for golden reviewer on YouTube and you'll see that this phone while it has Snapdragon 888 performs even worse than 855/865 phones lmao.

It throttles so hard that on games that other phones run at 90fps+ it scores 30 FPS sustained with dips below 10 FPS lmao ( pubg and genshin )

It's a shet performer, buy yourself a better device

That's a good choice... Look for golden reviewer on YouTube and you'll see that this phone while it has Snapdragon 888 performs even worse than 855/865 phones lmao.

It throttles so hard that on games that other phones run at 90fps+ it scores 30 FPS sustained with dips below 10 FPS lmao ( pubg and genshin )

It's a shet performer, buy yourself a better device
There's literally a setting to make it run at max capability. From factory it doesn't run at max. You just flip the setting and it will run at max. They did it to preserve battery. Because realistically only games will utilize the entire power of an 888.
Phone cpus are progressing faster than use case. Oneplus just got in a debacle about this, mainly because they did it without giving you the ability to stop the throttling.

Reactions: 94b20gsr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won’t be getting another Fold 3. if the display fails in under 2 weeks there’s a good chance it could happen again.
    LMFAO. You act like every phone has this issue. Sounds like you just don't really want it.

Never saw that before.
    That’s a strange thing to say. I did want it as I paid a lot of money for the phone and expect it to last longer than 2 weeks. :)
    I think the probability of getting two Folds in a row with defective screens is very low. You'll be fine.
    Damn. Sounds like a real hardware problem. Hope the new one is flawless