• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 faulty

Search This thread

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Time will tell🤣
Just order my second new 10+.
I don't share your optimism or wuv of storage deficient devices.
My first 10+ still looks, runs like it's new, fast, stable and fulfilling it's mission with 1tb of storage, soon to be expanded to 1.5tb.
I rejected the Note 20U because of poorer run time, Adroid 10, poorer color rendering and unreasonable price. Not enough bang for the buck.

So imagine what I think about every release from Samsung since then... and I'm not near as kind as you.
2021 is already a dead year for Sammy👎
I'm not saying you need to be as optimistic as any other person, I'm merely pointing out that your opinion is simply your opinion, but you are stating it as fact. I'm not concerned about what you think of Samsung's latest releases, just what I think.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I'm not saying you need to be as optimistic as any other person, I'm merely pointing out that your opinion is simply your opinion, but you are stating it as fact. I'm not concerned about what you think of Samsung's latest releases, just what I think.
Of course it's my opinion. I'm looking at Samsung's track record though as well as feedback from sales reps/techs. For me a phone must be survivable, fullfill it's mission, be self sufficient (meaning full reload capability with no PC needed), be fun, preferably have a low profile in public.

My new 10+ will be here next week, twins.
If Samsung continues going where it's going those will be my phones for 2 years or more.
Having a near identical backup phone means setup is a snap, saving me a huge amount of time. I simply upload the backup to the new SD card, then set the new 10+ up with that.
It will be fully loaded and optimized in about 2 days. Nothing beta about it... and no learning curve.

By fragmenting their own flagship market Samsung increased the price of both products because of lower production volumes.
It also diverted their resources between two flagship products and unlike the mature Note series the immature Fold series is still a bottomless pit. The Note 20 Ultra needed that extra attention... it could have been better.

My opinion of course... however my money goes on a heavy discounted new 10+ rather than a new flagship phone. The lack of a critical feature, the SD card slot, and unproven, awkward technology made my decision a no brainer.
The slightly better color rendering of the 10+ also weighted my decision over the 20U.
Even though it not a buyer's market I made it one by targeting the best device for the job from 3 generations to chose from.
Consider your needs and options... lots of Samsung flagship phones to chose from.

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
There's literally a setting to make it run at max capability. From factory it doesn't run at max. You just flip the setting and it will run at max. They did it to preserve battery. Because realistically only games will utilize the entire power of an 888.
Phone cpus are progressing faster than use case. Oneplus just got in a debacle about this, mainly because they did it without giving you the ability to stop the throttling.
No idea ,I'm pretty sure he would have used it for his testing of there was....

If you can't share some benchmark results , video or whatev I am gonna stick to my opinion. Buy anything else but this phone , it throttles down to dirt. Performing worse than phones 3/4 years back

No idea ,I'm pretty sure he would have used it for his testing of there was....

If you can't share some benchmark results , video or whatev I am gonna stick to my opinion. Buy anything else but this phone , it throttles down to dirt. Performing worse than phones 3/4 years back
It's number 13 on the antutu benchmark, which says a lot for a phone that has to run 2 technical screens

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-111638_Firefox Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-111638_Firefox Beta.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 94b20gsr

saidgta

Feb 21, 2013
I bought first Z fold 3 and I returned it because of Vibration problem. The Vibration didn't work.
The second z fold 3 has Touch Screen problem and I returned it 5 days ago.
Is this Normal really?!!

I bought first Z fold 3 and I returned it because of Vibration problem. The Vibration didn't work.
The second z fold 3 has Touch Screen problem and I returned it 5 days ago.
Is this Normal really?!!
Nope. My ZF3 is great as are the vast majority of them out there. Im sorry you had two faulty ones in a row, but that's definitely NOT the norm.

azz72

May 4, 2011
NJ
I had an issues something like that it was caused by an app I dl.. I did a factory reset and it didn't fix the issue till I deleted the last app I installed and poof phone was fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won’t be getting another Fold 3. if the display fails in under 2 weeks there’s a good chance it could happen again.
    LMFAO. You act like every phone has this issue. Sounds like you just don't really want it.
    Maybe not. Samsung's been imploding across the board this year. With their apps and multiple device hardware failures. No joke. Multiple threads on XDA of issues and phone returns.

Just had a Wearables update puke all over me last night. It has defied a solution so far and the Buds+ only work right on phone calls.
    Never saw that before.
    Samsung's Good Lock app homepage graphics look horrible now too with little critters jumping around.
    The Fail is strong with Samsung... now.
    Samsung isn't imploding. Realize that they sell tens of millions of devices and a small minority of people who purchase their products are here complaining about things on XDA. There is no widespread news coverage of Samsung making faulty devices, well, not since the Note 7. Your post is an exaggeration.
    Damn. Sounds like a real hardware problem. Hope the new one is flawless

I won’t be getting another Fold 3. if the display fails in under 2 weeks there’s a good chance it could happen again.
    LMFAO. You act like every phone has this issue. Sounds like you just don't really want it.
    That’s a strange thing to say. I did want it as I paid a lot of money for the phone and expect it to last longer than 2 weeks. :)
    That’s a strange thing to say. I did want it as I paid a lot of money for the phone and expect it to last longer than 2 weeks. :)
    I think the probability of getting two Folds in a row with defective screens is very low. You'll be fine.