• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 Case Thread

Search This thread

dokibull

Nov 29, 2012
Budapest
Screenshot_20211013-170858_AliExpress.jpg

i got this one

whatwhatster

Oct 1, 2013
Like some others I placed a ESR kickstand on the back and love it when watching stuff, for me this way it has the perfect angle.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 113

dokibull

Nov 29, 2012
Budapest
I also ordered this but not delivered. Cost 6 bucks from aliexprezs. I'm not expecting quality at that price.

Now I want to look for one with built-in pop socket- easier to hold
mine arrived in two weeks(to Europe). I use it with the samsung silicone case front part. now it has better grip and better cutout to the buttons. The back part is actualy not that bad. Its hard plastic outside, but the inside is soft. and the pattern is also softer. the penholder is somekind a rubber. it holds the pen safe for now but it will probably expand. like the placement of the pen.

MelodicMeth

Apr 5, 2011
I've had the VRS Design "Hard Drop" case. I enjoy it as it gives my fingers some grip on an otherwise ridiculously slippery phone. It adds some bulk, but that has never bothered me. The only downside is it doesn't protect the hinge. I got mine from amazon.

BrownSanta

Oct 8, 2019
I ordered the Spigen Thin Fit Case for the time being. I plan on getting an Otterbox case once they're available (Otterbox won't ship to me for some reason and can't find on Amazon Canada yet), but I think this will do for now. Hoping maybe dbrand will make an ultra thin skin for the hinge to at least give it some scratch protection, as I'm not liking Spigen's offerings for hinge protection in cases.
There is a recall on the otterbox cases

alxlwson

Jan 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I got my Spigen Thin Fit. I've had it for two weeks now I guess. It's a POS. Sharp edges everywhere. It's also coming apart where the soft material on the side meets the hard material. It's nearly ripped off already. Complete garbage. Spigen offered me a refund if I wouldn't leave a negative review on Amazon. Piss on that. Amazon ended up refunding me directly.

Zerobim08

Oct 19, 2021
I bought quite a few cases. This one is my favorite and the best overall. Slim and good fit plastic with no creaking. You can hold the pen pocket area for much better grip. No need for a stick on pop socket.

SmartSelect_20211021-134421_Shopee SG.jpg

Oct 20, 2021
For those complaining about the difficulty using the notification panel and edge panel on the front screen with cases with high bezels, use your thumb instead. The meaty skin will correctly pull on the panels despite the bezel when your index finger won't work as well. Works well with the case I have, which is not great and I had to modify it (it came with a cheap plastic clear cover over the front screen, so I removed the clear plastic), but there aren't currently any other cases that work for me.

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
I bought quite a few cases. This one is my favorite and the best overall. Slim and good fit plastic with no creaking. You can hold the pen pocket area for much better grip. No need for a stick on pop socket.

View attachment 5437905
Does the phone lay flat when the pen is out?

Or for that matter any suggestions on cases ( aside from spigen) where the phone lays flat when you want to use the pen?

cmart4

Nov 21, 2007
Prosper, TX
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

View attachment 5437905
Got the same one, slapped an ESR stand between the camera pen and I'm done. Phone charges with the pen in the case on my samsung wireless duo charger. Happy camper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The necessity of adhesive really makes swapping cases a pain.
    I grabbed this one from eBay. It's not bad. I attached an ESR kickstand between the camera hole and pen slot. Wireless charging works on my Samsung trio without the pen in the slot. Wireless charging works with pen in my car.
    I received my Spigen Thin Fit P today and I really like it. Believe it or not the pen isn't too obtrusive to the fingerprint reader but it definitely affects it at times. The case makes the phone super easy to open too. My only gripe is that it should have a kickstand. I'm happy with the case and it will be my daily driver.
    I received my Spigen Thin Fit P today and I really like it. Believe it or not the pen isn't too obtrusive to the fingerprint reader but it definitely affects it at times. The case makes the phone super easy to open too. My only gripe is that it should have a kickstand. I'm happy with the case and it will be my daily driver.
    I got mine yesterday and will be returning it immediately if not sooner. The front cover is ridiculous. Way too chunky (about twice the thickness of the rear half of the case), uneven (kind of a "warped" look from the top and bottom side) and just pressing the side key causes the two halves of the phone to open slightly.

I'll keep carrying the S Pen in my pocket unless or until something comes along that doesn't double the girth of the ZF3 and is less inconvenient and hideous.
    US $10.36 39%OFF | For Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G Phone Case With Pen Holder Cover For Galaxy Z Fold3 5G Grain Leather Case With S Pen Slot NO Pen https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOPKTwQ

You can get in Amazon but price is like double
    I bought my case and already happy with it, official Samsung Aramid Cover.
    Looks good, fits well, finally done for cover display too.
    I received a reply from Spigen today and they confirmed that they will be releasing the Thin Fit case with S-Pen storage. No plans for a compatible holster though so I am hoping Encased does one. As of now no date for release only said soon and to keep an eye on their website.
    Good review of cases here

I love Flossy, man does reviews like a human being, it's awesome. Shoes is a great co-host too lol.
    Anyone get the Aramid?
    I did. I like the look and feel of it. My only concern is the protection. It is so thin I question its ability to protect the phone if it were dropped. That being said, it will be my daily case until something nice comes out with S Pen support (besides the Samsung Flip one, it's not a good option)

I placed a Ringke pen holder on the back to hold my S Pen.
    Personally, I got the Spigen Slim Armor Pro and stuck on a Neon colored Clckr stand small.

This case is overall a good one as it covers the hinge and the stand allows it to stand in portrait and landscape...will update with more photos once I get the phone in a week! (2nd September)

Here are some photos:

1629872820403.png
    1629872829419.png

Photos of if standing

1629872848090.png

Photo of it unfolded and how the Clckr fits perfectly (small size)

1629872857993.png
    1629872867023.png
    1629872873552.png
    1629872879961.png
    1629872890973.png
    1629872897963.png

Photos of the setup

1629872910483.png
    1629872914572.png
    1629872920840.png
    1629872924911.png

Photos of the packaging

Feel free to ask me questions regarding my setup, I'll be more than happy to help or answer your questions!