• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 Case Thread

Search This thread

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
I saw this magnetic case advertised on Facebook today. It doesn't need sticky tape since it is magnetic, and it has a stand and spine protection, though the spine protection is one that makes the phone rock when open and placed on a surface. There's also a leather version that has a slot on the back for the S-Pen Fold, but no protection for the spine.

Magnets affect the Spen I believe.

lscaggs

Jan 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
First time getting a fold phone, any recommendations on cases that don’t add too much bulk ?

the official Aramid cover looks good: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...z-fold3-5g-aramid-cover-black-ef-xf926sbegus/

any others worth considering?

thanks
As much as I hate to say it....I have been mostly pleased with my LaterCase for the Fold 3

I was very disappointed with the lack of leather cases and the deceptive nonsense from Samsung on their "leather" cases.

taranfx

May 23, 2010
Mountain view, CA
geeknizer.com
I actually bought one from amazon that is replica of Fold 2's aramid kickstand carbon case and its laser thin. Its soft material, but kickstand doesnt have any magnet or spring. Though its slightly more stable than official fold 2 aramid.

I bought several from amazon and this was the only one for fold 3 that was actually slim.

Note: its not as refined as samsung official. its like samsung ordered these but they didnt meet the quality control. Also its expensive at $50. IMO worth for me as i didnt fina any other case that was this slim and light.

link: https://amzn.to/3HIf5jV

Attachments

• PXL_20211122_225137744.jpeg
    PXL_20211122_225137744.jpeg
    503.6 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: propov8

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
Returned my Spigen thin armor case @ 80 bucks, while yea it is super protected its WAY WAY TO BIG!! It made an already big phone feel like a freaking brick.

I got the official samsung silicone case (green) and ordered the generic aramid case from alliexpress (whenever it gets here)

the silicone case is awesome, feels almost naked again and very thin, yes it wont survive a huge fall but the trade off is so worth it.

skyclipper

Nov 23, 2021
For fold 3, all cases are made of hard plastic (whether branded or no name). So chances of scratch is higher. Just make sure case is snug.

The jury is still out on whether expensive branded ones are better than cheap ones. Plastic is still plastic. I got a cheap $6 thin case (with the color that I want) and it feels no difference to the Spigen thin case that cost 5x more.
Same here! All going well with my cheap plastic case on the fancy phone and the extra $50 still in my pocket!! :cool:

Flame Red

Trying this one.....due in 3 weeks

HERE

Received this one today. No adhesive (tape) to hold the front part of the case to the front of the phone, so when you unfold it, the front case pops off to the side.

Also, I installed a camera lense protection and it appears this case could not fully seat on the rear of the phone and so the rear upper right corner is popped out slightly.

JUNK! Do not buy!

Reactions: AGxM

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007
Received this one today. No adhesive (tape) to hold the front part of the case to the front of the phone, so when you unfold it, the front case pops off to the side.

Also, I installed a camera lense protection and it appears this case could not fully seat on the rear of the phone and so the rear upper right corner is popped out slightly.

JUNK! Do not buy!
Oh that's bad news.... Back to the drawing board then

LioMDC

Nov 25, 2021
I saw this magnetic case advertised on Facebook today. It doesn't need sticky tape since it is magnetic, and it has a stand and spine protection, though the spine protection is one that makes the phone rock when open and placed on a surface. There's also a leather version that has a slot on the back for the S-Pen Fold, but no protection for the spine.

Best case ever with hinge protection and kickstand in my opinion... I found the to following videos on YouTube regarding the case:

Last edited:

Zerobim08

Oct 19, 2021

JUNK! Do not buy!
You can just stick on double sided adhesive yourself. I usually took off ones that come with case as those are really strong type.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007

JUNK! Do not buy!
Oh jeez you weren't kidding....it's a pile of trash lol

Came at the weekend, took one look and binned it lol

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
I have the VRS Hard Drop case and its fine and all but even that is feeling a little big right now... I went ahead last night and ordered the Special Dbrand leather skin for my Fold 3. I already keep it in an Oakley sunglasses bag and dont normally beat my phones up anymore (im 54 years old).
Hopefully its a really nice skin...

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007
Caved and got the Spigen S Pen case and.....

I like it!

I like to carry the S Pen, and after several failed Aliexpress cases, a mish mash of part Aramid and part pen slot and a ok solution with stick on pen tabs with the Aramid case, I feel this is the one for me going forward.

No quality issues, can reach the finger print sensor fine, sits well on the charger and desk for use.......the only slight minus is the depth of the lip on the front screen but overall happy.

Reactions: Mr. Orange 645

jfrancis999

Sep 14, 2010
San Francisco
I've been using the Spigen Spen case for about a month and I too like it quite a bit. It's really designed to be used with the phone unfolded, but it works fine folded as well. No problem accessing the buttons either.

Reactions: Markeee

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
some food for thought

first case I bought this 1 month old phone was the

Spigen Slim Armor Pro​

There was nothing slim about it. While yea, I felt it will take a few falls it was just so damn bulky and big, like enormous feeling, many youtubers said it didn't feel like it added bulk which is why I bought it, still it felt way too big for me

I returned it and bought the Samsung silicone case in green for 40 bucks, well that case came and I love it, but at the same time I decided to get the 30 dollar carbon fiber geric Samsung case on Alliexpress, it just came in the mail today.

I have to say, THIS IS A CASE!! I still love the silicone case, its thin and its got a nice grip to it, but this one is obviously lighter and has an awesome carbon feel to it.

Its the closest thing to the phone being naked and probably will absorb an impact

pieces of cake

Oh jeez you weren't kidding....it's a pile of trash lol

Came at the weekend, took one look and binned it lol
Both of you must've received bad ones. I use the official Samsung Aramid case as my daily, but picked up this one to use on the occasions when I know I'll be in environments where I'll need a greater amount of protection while also allowing having a place to store the S Pen. Mine came with an adhesive strip on the front half and two diamond shaped adhesive pads on the back half. The case is bulkier than I'd like it to be, but it does its job and does it well, and I'm sure it's far less bulky than every other case out there with hinge protection and a spot for the S Pen. Mine opens and closes perfectly. The front cover doesn't slide off when opening or closing and the hinge protector easily slides back into the rear cover when it's fully opened. This is going to be a great case to use when I head out on vacation to Florida and should do a much better job than the Aramid at keeping sand and dirt free from the hinge area.

pieces of cake

JUNK! Do not buy!
You got a bad one. Mine came with an adhesive strip on the front cover and two diamond shaped adhesive pads on the rear cover. Works perfectly! Opens and closes without issue. The front cover does not slide off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought my case and already happy with it, official Samsung Aramid Cover.
    Looks good, fits well, finally done for cover display too.
    I received a reply from Spigen today and they confirmed that they will be releasing the Thin Fit case with S-Pen storage. No plans for a compatible holster though so I am hoping Encased does one. As of now no date for release only said soon and to keep an eye on their website.
    Good review of cases here

I love Flossy, man does reviews like a human being, it's awesome. Shoes is a great co-host too lol.
    Anyone get the Aramid?
    I did. I like the look and feel of it. My only concern is the protection. It is so thin I question its ability to protect the phone if it were dropped. That being said, it will be my daily case until something nice comes out with S Pen support (besides the Samsung Flip one, it's not a good option)

I placed a Ringke pen holder on the back to hold my S Pen.
    Personally, I got the Spigen Slim Armor Pro and stuck on a Neon colored Clckr stand small.

This case is overall a good one as it covers the hinge and the stand allows it to stand in portrait and landscape...will update with more photos once I get the phone in a week! (2nd September)

Here are some photos:

1629872820403.png
    1629872829419.png

Photos of if standing

1629872848090.png

Photo of it unfolded and how the Clckr fits perfectly (small size)

1629872857993.png
    1629872867023.png
    1629872873552.png
    1629872879961.png
    1629872890973.png
    1629872897963.png

Photos of the setup

1629872910483.png
    1629872914572.png
    1629872920840.png
    1629872924911.png

Photos of the packaging

Feel free to ask me questions regarding my setup, I'll be more than happy to help or answer your questions!