• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 Case Thread

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Can't stand folio cases. That flap is bad enough on a single screen phone! On a folding phone it's like a damn third wheel dragging you just want to cut off! :p

As far as the pen goes, I've owned every note and while the pen is fun to play with I don't miss it. When it had the ability to snap photos that was actually quite useful. But having the phone on a tripod I can just use a timer so my finger doesn't shake it.

What is interesting as the rumors are starting once again of a new Note featuring an S pen with a camera in it! Now if that happens, I will need a band aid or two from the cuts on my hands from ripping money out of my wallet so fast to buy it! :-D

Reactions: kxdaorbit

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Picked up the leather (NOT the folio disaster case LOL) today and I like it. Feels very nice and isn't creaky plastic feeling. It's expensive but so is the phone. Just couldn't deal with putting a bare phone down on table tops and people look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears if you pull out a snot rag to wrap your phone up before sitting it down!

Reactions: Mr. Orange 645

rrichards

Nov 23, 2010
Picked up the leather (NOT the folio disaster case LOL) today and I like it. Feels very nice and isn't creaky plastic feeling. It's expensive but so is the phone. Just couldn't deal with putting a bare phone down on table tops and people look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears if you pull out a snot rag to wrap your phone up before sitting it down!
which one did you buy?

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Did the Rigke pen holder thing as the flip case case was driving me nuts....got an Aramid case via Amazon Warehouse and added just one pen holder. Works well, no issue with wireless charging with the pen out and gives you a little grip when open. This will do until the Spigen pen version hits and gets some feedback

Attachments

• 4rv0mlqn3wn71.jpg
    4rv0mlqn3wn71.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 6bjg9dxn3wn71.jpg
    6bjg9dxn3wn71.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 133

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I just got this case linked below. It's like a slightly cheaper version of the Samsung Aramid case. I had it but had to return it for Samsung credit reasons. I got this for now but am just considering keeping this one as my daily case. Fits well with no adhesive and doesn't add much bulk at all. But adds enough protection to make me feel better in case of a small drop. Will add pics later if anyone is interested.

Lopnord Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy z Fold 3 5G Case, Durable Premium PC Phone Cover for Galaxy z Fold 3 5G (2021), Protective Phone Case for Galaxy Z Fold3 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D83PXH7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8F7YHZ9S4DR19V4FZFQD

pieces of cake

I just got this case linked below. It's like a slightly cheaper version of the Samsung Aramid case. I had it but had to return it for Samsung credit reasons. I got this for now but am just considering keeping this one as my daily case. Fits well with no adhesive and doesn't add much bulk at all. But adds enough protection to make me feel better in case of a small drop. Will add pics later if anyone is interested.

Lopnord Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy z Fold 3 5G Case, Durable Premium PC Phone Cover for Galaxy z Fold 3 5G (2021), Protective Phone Case for Galaxy Z Fold3 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D83PXH7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8F7YHZ9S4DR19V4FZFQD
Are you saying it doesn't come with adhesive strips, or they're just not necessary?

I've been laughing to myself about all of the people and reviews I've read complaining about the adhesive strips used in most Z Fold3 cases, as it seems those complaining have no idea how/why the strips are used...

I made my own for my Ringke Slim case because the ones included weren't strong enough for my liking. I want the slimmest case possible, but would like it to at least have a channel for an adhesive strip along the backside of the left portion of the cover display. The Aramid cases all appear to be the slimmest offerings.

I've pre-ordered the Spigen Thin Fit P as my "bulky" "going out and need slightly better protection that also houses my S Pen Fold" case.

Reactions: Bababooy

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Are you saying it doesn't come with adhesive strips, or they're just not necessary?

I've been laughing to myself about all of the people and reviews I've read complaining about the adhesive strips used in most Z Fold3 cases, as it seems those complaining have no idea how/why the strips are used...

I made my own for my Ringke Slim case because the ones included weren't strong enough for my liking. I want the slimmest case possible, but would like it to at least have a channel for an adhesive strip along the backside of the left portion of the cover display. The Aramid cases all appear to be the slimmest offerings.

I've pre-ordered the Spigen Thin Fit P as my "bulky" "going out and need slightly better protection that also houses my S Pen Fold" case.
It doesn't have adhesive strips. The more I use it today, I kinda wish it did have them. There is a bit too much movement on the left side of the front. It definitely doesn't feel like it's going to come off or anything but a strip like on the Samsung Aramid case would probably help. Still a good case for the price in my opinion.

Reactions: pieces of cake

pieces of cake

It doesn't have adhesive strips. The more I use it today, I kinda wish it did have them. There is a bit too much movement on the left side of the front. It definitely doesn't feel like it's going to come off or anything but a strip like on the Samsung Aramid case would probably help. Still a good case for the price in my opinion.
Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to just order the official Samsung Aramid case.

I was running without a case for the first 4 days (got my ZF3 a week earlier than anticipated), had the phone in my pocket while charging it with an external power bank and the USB cable was sticking a bit too far out of my pocket. The cable loop got caught on a drawer handle as I was walking through my kitchen and it yanked both the power bank and the phone out. They landed pretty hard on the floor. My ZF3 was MOSTLY unscathed, but there's a very tiny dent/nick at the top-right corner of the front cover half, only visible when looking directly down at the phone at the right angle and in the right light. No one notices it but me and it's not visible when using the phone normally and looking at the screen. It's completely concealed when any type of case is on, but I know it's there underneath and, of course, it bothers the heck out of me just knowing it's there on a brand new $1,800.00 device.

I have full protection through my carrier which also covers accidental damage but every version of the device appears to be on backorder and I certainly can't do anything about that. I'll probably wait until there's additional damage like screen scratches and other nicks and dents before I file a claim to get a brand new replacement, but I want to make sure that the replacement goes immediately into some kind of case.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to just order the official Samsung Aramid case.

I was running without a case for the first 4 days (got my ZF3 a week earlier than anticipated), had the phone in my pocket while charging it with an external power bank and the USB cable was sticking a bit too far out of my pocket. The cable loop got caught on a drawer handle as I was walking through my kitchen and it yanked both the power bank and the phone out. They landed pretty hard on the floor. My ZF3 was MOSTLY unscathed, but there's a very tiny dent/nick at the top-right corner of the front cover half, only visible when looking directly down at the phone at the right angle and in the right light. No one notices it but me and it's not visible when using the phone normally and looking at the screen. It's completely concealed when any type of case is on, but I know it's there underneath and, of course, it bothers the heck out of me just knowing it's there on a brand new $1,800.00 device.

I have full protection through my carrier which also covers accidental damage but every version of the device appears to be on backorder and I certainly can't do anything about that. I'll probably wait until there's additional damage like screen scratches and other nicks and dents before I file a claim to get a brand new replacement, but I want to make sure that the replacement goes immediately into some kind of case.
After a few days of using the case I linked above I re-ordered the Samsung Aramid case since I got my full pre-order credit back. The case isn't bad at all for the price but I really loved the feel and fit of the Aramid case for the very short time I used it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The necessity of adhesive really makes swapping cases a pain.
    #Fold3 #CaseMod

Screenshot_20210927-162104_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210927-162111_Gallery.jpg

So all you case modders out there, I'm joining the club! Finally had it with my official flappy bit S-Pen case. Tried a bunch of aftermarket options but wasn't happy with the fit and finish or branding on any of them. So I got the official silicone cover courtesy of Samsung and my points. Attached my ESR all metal kickstand next to the camera to leave the wireless charging coil exposed. Also I shaved off the channel locking mechanism from the official S-Pen holder and attached that all the way to the side also to leave the charging pad exposed. Still gets in the way of most wireless charging pads but I've got a 1.6" coil that I'm going to use to build my own custom charging stand with a cutout for the pen. Tested it loose and it works fine. And no sloppy super glue here. Kickstand and pen holder are both attached using 3m 300lse tape (the same stuff that holds your screen onto your phone) cut to precise dimensions, with the edge recessed enough that it isn't picking up every stray hair and spec of dust. I scuffed up and prepped both surfaces with primer 94 for better adhesion. The pen holder seems to be made of the same material as the silicone cover so the whole thing (minus the kickstand) looks like an official case. When the phone is unfolded and laid flat, the pen holder acts as a fulcrum to angle the whole thing slightly like a professional drawing tablet, and no rocking. Kickstand can be used to stand the phone while folded or unfolded, both orientations, and can even be used to lay the phone flat unfolded for a nice 30° angle for writing/drawing. Gotta let the 300LSE cure for 24 hours to make a good bond to the silicone.
    Just got the YTF Aramid case from amazon to replace the VRS pro stand case. Wow am I impressed. The fit is perfect and adds no bulk at all. Added one of these cheap kickstands for $6. Works perfectly along with wireless charging. Very happy with this purchase.
    I received my Spigen Thin Fit P today and I really like it. Believe it or not the pen isn't too obtrusive to the fingerprint reader but it definitely affects it at times. The case makes the phone super easy to open too. My only gripe is that it should have a kickstand. I'm happy with the case and it will be my daily driver.
    I bought my case and already happy with it, official Samsung Aramid Cover.
    Looks good, fits well, finally done for cover display too.
    I received a reply from Spigen today and they confirmed that they will be releasing the Thin Fit case with S-Pen storage. No plans for a compatible holster though so I am hoping Encased does one. As of now no date for release only said soon and to keep an eye on their website.
    Good review of cases here

I love Flossy, man does reviews like a human being, it's awesome. Shoes is a great co-host too lol.
    Anyone get the Aramid?
    I did. I like the look and feel of it. My only concern is the protection. It is so thin I question its ability to protect the phone if it were dropped. That being said, it will be my daily case until something nice comes out with S Pen support (besides the Samsung Flip one, it's not a good option)

I placed a Ringke pen holder on the back to hold my S Pen.
    Personally, I got the Spigen Slim Armor Pro and stuck on a Neon colored Clckr stand small.

This case is overall a good one as it covers the hinge and the stand allows it to stand in portrait and landscape...will update with more photos once I get the phone in a week! (2nd September)

Here are some photos:

1629872820403.png
    1629872829419.png

Photos of if standing

1629872848090.png

Photo of it unfolded and how the Clckr fits perfectly (small size)

1629872857993.png
    1629872867023.png
    1629872873552.png
    1629872879961.png
    1629872890973.png
    1629872897963.png

Photos of the setup

1629872910483.png
    1629872914572.png
    1629872920840.png
    1629872924911.png

Photos of the packaging

Feel free to ask me questions regarding my setup, I'll be more than happy to help or answer your questions!