General Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 Pre-Order Status Thread

Search This thread

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
Question for others that returned to Samsung a used phone as a trade-in.

I got mine just now. Nothing in the box about returning the trade-in phones. I was expecting a box, or envelop, or at least a shipping label. So how does the return of a trade-in work?
They'll send you a separate email with the info to send in your trade-in phone. The trade-in info doesn't arrive with the item itself.

spaceyxrp

Aug 19, 2021
Just received mine and set it up. I love this phone and thats coming from an iphone... The one thing i wasn't expecting was how narrow the front screen is but I like it

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
I wish I'd never used the fold 2 without the screen protector. there is no way I can use this fold 3 with it on. took it off in the first hour.
FYI, I took mine off as well. I wasn't going to get the 3 (pretty tiny upgrade) but I was really cleaning the screen, and there are some small streaks going up the fold of the screen. This just happened a few weeks ago. Once you take in the trade in value, and the $150 I might have to pay to replace the screen, I think I'm just going to go ahead and upgrade. But I can tell you those streaks are definitely not damage, they're clearly as result of the folding. I wonder if the screen protector would have helped with that?

You can't see the streaks when the phone is on, but I'm obsessive about screens. I suspect most people who pay this kind of money are. :)

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
Hey all,

I made a quick little video. Trying to get the channel up and running again. Never will be able to compete with the big guys, but you never know. Drop me like and a subscribe would be so cool!!!

Thanks!!

Reactions: joshuadjohnson22

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I got my trade-in Watch label, but not the trade-in phone labels... I talked to customer support last night they said it might take 24hrs... its been 24hrs...

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
So yesterday my order (Unlocked Z Fold3, 256GB, Green, placed on 8/15 with Samsung) changed from estimated delivery of 8/30 to estimated delivery of 9/23. Samsung chat rep yesterday said to ignore it and it was still slated for 8/30 delivery. After not seeing any signs of life from Samsung or FedEx today, I reached out again and now am being told it won't be delivered until 9/23 due to 'high demand impacting my order'.

Nothing like ordering 4 days after the pre-orders become available and yet made to wait almost a month after the device is released. This is absolutely ridiculous. Thinking about canceling my order and pre-ordering the 512GB in black. Should at least get here sooner than a month and I can take advantage of all the new promo codes.

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
Thanks, it got delivered a couple of hours ago. Did require a signature, luckily my wife was home. Now I'm just waiting for 6pm to get here so I can go home and get it activated.
Nice! 6pm cannot come fast enough, I'm sure! Have fun
Well no such luck on the Z Fold3 being included with today's shipment - only the Watch 4 Classic got delivered today. Really hope the initial date of an 8/30 delivery holds and I don't end up having to wait till 9/23 like my order page says now.
Ugh. That stinks... Have you searched via FedEx for an update? The Shop Samsung app is painfully slow to update...

spaceyxrp

Aug 19, 2021
So yesterday my order (Unlocked Z Fold3, 256GB, Green, placed on 8/15 with Samsung) changed from estimated delivery of 8/30 to estimated delivery of 9/23. Samsung chat rep yesterday said to ignore it and it was still slated for 8/30 delivery. After not seeing any signs of life from Samsung or FedEx today, I reached out again and now am being told it won't be delivered until 9/23 due to 'high demand impacting my order'.

Nothing like ordering 4 days after the pre-orders become available and yet made to wait almost a month after the device is released. This is absolutely ridiculous. Thinking about canceling my order and pre-ordering the 512GB in black. Should at least get here sooner than a month and I can take advantage of all the new promo codes.

TBH with you I don't care about color, so if I were in your shoes I'd just suck that up and order the 512 Black... If color is that important just wait, you know where you re getting. But it is crappy they told you to ignore ship date only then to be told it's true... Makes it harder to make a decision

spaceyxrp

Aug 19, 2021
Received my fold 3 Yesterday, 2 days early. It's very nice of course. Still trying to decide if I want to keep my Note 20 Ultra or switch. Lots to like but not sure if it's enough to make me keep the Fold 3... Decisions...

Yeah, I came from iPhone and I like my iPhone but the fold 3 is so much better for me. It's just a big learning curve, but I like it overall

Victor285

Jul 26, 2016
Brooklyn New York
I pre-ordered through T-Mobile on the 11th and no updates since, (256 silver) my first time ever pre-ordering a samsung phone that I haven't gotten it early or on release date smh. hoping I get tracking tonight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got mine today. Texas 512GB with case and charger.
    IMG_20210824_130623.jpg
    This is normal for them. Happens every time, they schedule a pick up date where FedEx will come pick up the pallets of phones. Probably within the next 24-48 hours anyone with a label should see movement. Usually arrives 1-2 days before estimated, depending on where you live. Just remember that the 27th was the promised date, so anything earlier is awesome.

For me, mine is processing but eta is SEP 10, so remember me when you guys are playing with your phones lol
    I'll give it an extra slow fold just for you brotha! Haha
    I haven't seen any pre-order thread opened up yet on the forums for the Z Fold 3 so figured it's about that time! Who else is up for constantly refreshing the order page and checking if FedEx slips have been created?

Ordered: 8/15
    Items: Z Fold 3 256GB Phantom Green, Watch 4 Classic 42mm Silver, Buds 2, Spen + Case

All items still show 'preorder' on Samsung page and set for delivery 8/30 except for the Watch 4, which shows as 'In Process' and delivery for 8/27. I have a FedEx label created for estimated ship date 8/23 and delivery 8/25, which I'm assuming is the Watch 4.

I haven't been this excited for a phone in a while, looking forward to tracking the progress with everyone!
    I would bet this is all a combined GTM strategy for them. Makes sense. In Europe, you don't have as many units going out the door and the warehousing and logistics is smaller. Release the phones and get the web a buzz. Then take the first preorder people and give them the phone earlyish (2 days or 1 day ahead), makes them feel special and even more just before launch day buzz. Then launch and we all realized how much we spent but it's too late, haa.
    I got my fold 3 9 days earlier. On my order it said expected arrival 27th August. Yet samsung sent it on 17th and it arrived for pickup at 18th. So I'm lucky samsung gave green light in Sweden.
    I bought mine today. (Poland, Europe)