Samsung gear manager and Samsung accessory service for phones that can't install

Search This thread

jarcmaster

Jun 17, 2008
I have OP2 and bought this watch, had the same issue, downloaded this 2 apk s and installed them, now when trying to pair it says GEAR PLUGING needs to be insalled, ok, cancel when you goes automatically to google play then you get the message "THIS DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE", please help, jarcmaster@gmail.com

thumtagged

Oct 11, 2015
Yeah same problem I have as you. But I posted the solution along with the gear s2 plugin in the other thread but someone here said its a duplicate and had it closed. Well what can I say...

Last edited:

idle0095

Dec 15, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I had no issues downloading the plug in using my OP2. Let me see if I can get it for you.
The plug in should work because I can download it with out issues using OP2.

Javan

Jan 30, 2007
@idle0095 maybe you did same on your watch than me, i pushed in the menue of the notifications on watch app block. so no new notifications shown. i didnt know how to undo this, so i reset my watch and reconnect and now it works. i use a Honor 7 smartphone. and without the linked apps i cant use my watch :( sadly i can´t use payed apps

Javan

Jan 30, 2007
When u get a notification and read it on the gear s2 there is a menu in the right. If u pushed “block app“ it might be that no more notifications comin on the whatch

idle0095

Dec 15, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Yeah that's not it. Basically depending on where my wrist position is the watch will either show the always on clock or a black screen. I noticed its acting like its on the charger or sitting on a table. When it's in those positions the screen shuts off. The sensors in the watch are causing the issues. This is my third watch and it does the same thing. 3 different phone and 3 different watches. Samsung support is blaming software.

baudy2

Nov 23, 2005
Geneva
Anybody tried to transfer any picture to S2 ? I am using HTC One M8 and everything is ok except files transfer. Applications are installed fine, but whichever media I try to transfer, it gives an error. This includes the update transfer. Anybody had the same ?

KubixRevan

Aug 1, 2010
Szczecin
www.tabletowo.pl
Anybody tried to transfer any picture to S2 ? I am using HTC One M8 and everything is ok except files transfer. Applications are installed fine, but whichever media I try to transfer, it gives an error. This includes the update transfer. Anybody had the same ?

No, I never had any problem. Did You try to upload it in other way? Like Filesmaster app?
Maybe The WiFi is turned of (while transferring photos and music devices use normally WiFi Direct.

zigismall

Nov 6, 2015

For me works by filesmaster. I transferred 700MB movie on the S2 and even playing it on filesmaster too. I got Note 2 and Moto G, but can't install Gear Manager on Moto.
Make sure your phone is supported by S2. It must have phone with 1.5GB memory at least and Android 4.4 or higher.

jaschong

Nov 18, 2015
With the mixed replies in this forum, I'm not exactly sure to buy gear S2 for fear my Oneplus 2 won't work. Any more testament that it worked (or not) with the 3 apks installed?

Timzai

Nov 19, 2015
Works for me, same 3 APK's, different source.

With the mixed replies in this forum, I'm not exactly sure to buy gear S2 for fear my Oneplus 2 won't work. Any more testament that it worked (or not) with the 3 apks installed?

I bought my Gear S2 Today, noticed my OP2 isn't compatible so I googled and found these same 3 apk's, just from another source. I linked them all to the oneplus forums (can't post the url, since I'm new but search on title "Samsung Gear S2 Compatibility?" in the forums). Now the watch is paired with my OP2 and I can install apps and answer phone calls, get/send messages, read emails and other notifications, control my music and yeah, I could say that everything works. I don't know if everything is working exactly as it should since I have only experience with OP2 but I can't seem to find anything wrong! :) Now the only problem is lack of useful apps! :D And of course a real support for the OP2 + Gear S2.

Note to OP: Will you keep these APK's up to date?

jaschong

Nov 18, 2015
I bought my Gear S2 Today, noticed my OP2 isn't compatible so I googled and found these same 3 apk's, just from another source. I linked them all to the oneplus forums (can't post the url, since I'm new but search on title "Samsung Gear S2 Compatibility?" in the forums). Now the watch is paired with my OP2 and I can install apps and answer phone calls, get/send messages, read emails and other notifications, control my music and yeah, I could say that everything works. I don't know if everything is working exactly as it should since I have only experience with OP2 but I can't seem to find anything wrong! :) Now the only problem is lack of useful apps! :D And of course a real support for the OP2 + Gear S2.

Note to OP: Will you keep these APK's up to date?

Thanks! I've gotten verification from other users in OP forum, only issue now is that paid apps are limited to samsung phones only as far as i know =\

baudy2

Nov 23, 2005
Geneva
Still cannot with my HTC One M8:
- Transfer any media to S2 (Filesmaster cannot be installed as it is a paid app and no paid apps are seen from non-Samsung phones)
- Upgrade the firmware on S2 (for the same reason)
All other features are working fine. All free softwares can be installed without any problems.

That's it....

tk421jag

Jan 5, 2011
Nope

I've tried just about any APK I can find. I'm running CM12 on a rooted Galaxy 3. I'm still getting the "your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way" message.

Anyone know how to fix this?

ogghi

Jan 18, 2015
Same here....
Cannot set up my just bought Gear S2.
I'm using a Galaxy Note 3 with CM13.

The Samsung Gear App always brings "The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way, and is not compatible with the Samsung Gear app. Check your operating system and try again."

I won't install original ROM on my Note 3!
Should I give the watch back?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

After struggling like you to find a way to sync my gear s2 with my s5 running cm12.1 I finally figured it out and hopefully it works for yall as well. Here's my steps..

1. Go into your build.prop and edit anything that says Samsung and edit to to HTC all lowercase and save and reboot.
    2. Install the gear manager from the play store. The app will start searching for your s2.
    3. You'll be prompted to install the needed apps but may not be able to because the play store may say your device is not compatible.
    4. Download the apks with the same version and install; there should be two. Ensure you have install from unknown sources on.
    5. Your watch should now be recognized and will setup the apps.
    6. Done

I did this last night so I may have missed some steps. Feel free to pm me if needed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
    Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-22-18.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-22-28.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-51-07.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-56-52.png

*Edit, editing the build prop breaks the ir blaster on the s5. Also, while editing the build prop back to Samsung the gear manager goes back to not working.
    Some phones can't install Samsung gear and Samsung accessory services from play store. The one plus 2 is one of those device.
    Here is the two files needed.

Install gear and services and your good to pair. I hope Samsung makes this work with every phone.

Here are the updated APK's (as of this morning): 10/26
    Gear Manager
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/omenl6cndu4vivd/com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager-2.apk?dl=0

Samsung Accessory Service
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eif8b2tc9tqcg97/com.samsung.accessory-2.apk?dl=0

Samsung Plug-in
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eovlfrfpxx39iue/com.samsung.android.gearoplugin-2.apk?dl=0
    All,

After struggling like you to find a way to sync my gear s2 with my s5 running cm12.1 I finally figured it out and hopefully it works for yall as well. Here's my steps..

1. Go into your build.prop and edit anything that says Samsung and edit to to HTC all lowercase and save and reboot.
    2. Install the gear manager from the play store. The app will start searching for your s2.
    3. You'll be prompted to install the needed apps but may not be able to because the play store may say your device is not compatible.
    4. Download the apks with the same version and install; there should be two. Ensure you have install from unknown sources on.
    6. Done

I did this last night so I may have missed some steps. Feel free to pm me if needed.

Cdub1976, first time with a custom ROM on my Note 2 yesterday and my Gear S2, that I got for Xmas, was useless as not able to connect to my phone anymore ...
    Your way is perfect, simple and efficient, many, many thanks !
    Maybe you need to make a brand new post with this tip, because it's hard to find :)
    All,

6. Done

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
    Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-22-18.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-22-28.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-51-07.png

Screenshot_2015-12-26-19-56-52.png

*Edit, editing the build prop breaks the ir blaster on the s5. Also, while editing the build prop back to Samsung the gear manager goes back to not working.
    Tested your way on cm 13 and...it worked perfectly!!!! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk