• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Health Monitor "no compatible watch found" pairing with GWA2

Search This thread

jajohn

Sep 20, 2011
Tampa FL
Yesterday I replaced my Motorola x4 phone with a Samsung Galaxy A71 5g. I repaired with my Samsung Active Watch 2 with no problem. I now want to enable ecg but cannot see the Samsung Health Monitor app in Galaxy store using either the watch or the phone. The watch and phone are latest level. I am in the USA. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

burrzoo

Aug 10, 2007
Yesterday I replaced my Motorola x4 phone with a Samsung Galaxy A71 5g. I repaired with my Samsung Active Watch 2 with no problem. I now want to enable ecg but cannot see the Samsung Health Monitor app in Galaxy store using either the watch or the phone. The watch and phone are latest level. I am in the USA. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Initiate the process On your watch, where you should already have a Samsung Health Monitor app. If so, Tap on it then select Open on Watch (or something like that). See if it prompts you to install the Phone version of Samsung Health Monitor app (or gives you a URL to download and install).
I did the process so long ago that I can't quite remember how it worked. I think that the process was made even easier after Tizen 5.5.x.x came out.
You're in the U.S. but did you purchase a U.S. GWA2? Also, is your GWA2 software up to date? Is your Galaxy Store app up to date?
I've attached a picture of the icon to look for...

Attachments

• samsung health monitor icon.png
    samsung health monitor icon.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 39

jajohn

Sep 20, 2011
Tampa FL
After spending hours on the phone with Samsung, it turns out that the active 2 I bought at a local Costco is not a US model, but rather an international version. I will be visiting Costco tomorrow, but I don't expect anything since the watch was bought about a year and a half to 2 years ago...at least I still have the box. It will be an interesting discussion.

Reactions: burrzoo and adfree

burrzoo

Aug 10, 2007
After spending hours on the phone with Samsung, it turns out that the active 2 I bought at a local Costco is not a US model, but rather an international version. I will be visiting Costco tomorrow, but I don't expect anything since the watch was bought about a year and a half to 2 years ago...at least I still have the box. It will be an interesting discussion.
You can pretty much return most items to Costco. My friend just returned a 1.5 year old router! Don't worry. It should go smoothly.

jajohn

Sep 20, 2011
Tampa FL
I went to Costco and engaged in a spirited discussion with the customer service desk. In the midst of this discussion they wanted to verify that the watch serial number matched the box and sales slip. I repaired the watch, verified the serial number as matching, and attempted to show them the problem. I did not restore the watch using backup and instead opted to install just the health monitor app. When it loaded it connected to the watch and warked fine with ecg. Did I mention the egg on my face? Samsung support level 2 lied when they said the watch was an international model.

The moral is, when troubleshooting, go back to ground zero and only involve the failing app. Apparently something that was present in my watch backup caused the health monitor to not recognize the watch. I tried at home with similar results and everything is working as designed. Lesson learned!

Reactions: adfree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went to Costco and engaged in a spirited discussion with the customer service desk. In the midst of this discussion they wanted to verify that the watch serial number matched the box and sales slip. I repaired the watch, verified the serial number as matching, and attempted to show them the problem. I did not restore the watch using backup and instead opted to install just the health monitor app. When it loaded it connected to the watch and warked fine with ecg. Did I mention the egg on my face? Samsung support level 2 lied when they said the watch was an international model.

The moral is, when troubleshooting, go back to ground zero and only involve the failing app. Apparently something that was present in my watch backup caused the health monitor to not recognize the watch. I tried at home with similar results and everything is working as designed. Lesson learned!