• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung Health Monitor on Watch4

Search This thread

petes

Jul 25, 2006
I know this is mentioned in the General thread, but thought it was likely worth its own topic. It's certainly the case that by default, Health Monior (and so BP & ECG) only work if you have a Galaxy phone. I know this was hacked for the Tizen based watches, but wondered if anyone's got any thoughts at present on the new W4. It's really annoying they try and force vendor lockin like this - and surely counter productive. I wouldn't buy a particular phone because of a feature on a Smartwatch - much more likely to choose a different watch than a different phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is mentioned in the General thread, but thought it was likely worth its own topic. It's certainly the case that by default, Health Monior (and so BP & ECG) only work if you have a Galaxy phone. I know this was hacked for the Tizen based watches, but wondered if anyone's got any thoughts at present on the new W4. It's really annoying they try and force vendor lockin like this - and surely counter productive. I wouldn't buy a particular phone because of a feature on a Smartwatch - much more likely to choose a different watch than a different phone.