• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Health not working after OREO update

Search This thread

baalint

Mar 30, 2014
Budapest
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I updated my phone via Odin to Oreo, but unfortunately samsung health says that my phone is rooted and it is not working anymore. ( Of course my phone is not rooted, I used stock firmware)
I think the problem is I used different region code firmware. Am I right? How can I use the app again? Wait for my original country's firmware and update via Odin would be a solution?

andrei1412

Jul 11, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I updated my phone via Odin to Oreo, but unfortunately samsung health says that my phone is rooted and it is not working anymore. ( Of course my phone is not rooted, I used stock firmware)
I think the problem is I used different region code firmware. Am I right? How can I use the app again? Wait for my original country's firmware and update via Odin would be a solution?

It detects Knox is 0x1. To fix this you must root your phone, go with root browser to the root of the device (/) then /efs. There you'll find a file "factory.prop". Open it and add there "ro.config.tima=0". Then you can unroot/reflash stock ROM and s health works

Reactions: baalint

baalint

Mar 30, 2014
Budapest
It detects Knox is 0x1. To fix this you must root your phone, go with root browser to the root of the device (/) then /efs. There you'll find a file "factory.prop". Open it and add there "ro.config.tima=0". Then you can unroot/reflash stock ROM and s health works

thanks for your quick reply, Is this a permanent change or can I fix this by flashing my phone's original country firmware? :confused:
Actually I don't want to root my phone as it has warranty till the end of this year..

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
thanks for your quick reply, Is this a permanent change or can I fix this by flashing my phone's original country firmware? :confused:
Actually I don't want to root my phone as it has warranty till the end of this year..

Check in Download Mode, if it says Warranty Void 0x1 then it has at one time either been rooted or had custom flashed to it, in which case Warranty is void anyway and you might as well root

Reactions: baalint

baalint

Mar 30, 2014
Budapest
Yes! It is working now. You need to flash every stuff from the downloaded zip. Thankfully SamMobile attached everything you need.
:good::D
As I see a lot of people facing this issue,and all "expert " recommends root. But there are other options too.
Anyway, thank you for all help

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Yes! It is working now. You need to flash every stuff from the downloaded zip. Thankfully SamMobile attached everything you need.
:good::D
As I see a lot of people facing this issue,and all "expert " recommends root. But there are other options too.
Anyway, thank you for all help

Experts recommend root if your KNOX is 0x1 because that is the only solution, if you fail to read up on how to flash firmware and end up with a problem because of your own fault, and fail to mention in your main post that you didn't flash the firmware correctly, we are not psychic, we can only go on the info you give us

Next time, learn how to flash firmware the correct way first ;)

baalint

Mar 30, 2014
Budapest
Experts recommend root if your KNOX is 0x1 because that is the only solution, if you fail to read up on how to flash firmware and end up with a problem because of your own fault, and fail to mention in your main post that you didn't flash the firmware correctly, we are not psychic, we can only go on the info you give us

Next time, learn how to flash firmware the correct way first ;)

That's true, that was my mistake... in good old Times as I remember only AP was included in the ZIP,and that was enough.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
That's true, that was my mistake... in good old Times as I remember only AP was included in the ZIP,and that was enough.

Yep, with my S5 that was the method, but instructions for S7 are under the download on sammobile's site and all over this forum :)

As a rule when I get a new phone I spend a good few weeks reading threads before I attempt anything, even a simple stock flash, saves possible bricks and other problems like this one

Anyway good it's working again

Cypherx.ninja

Feb 10, 2019
I have the exactly same issue knox is 0x0 but Samsung health isn't working, can you please explain the exact steps about the following message how can i run Samsung health in g955u secure folder is also not working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Check in Download Mode, if it says Warranty Void 0x1 then it has at one time either been rooted or had custom flashed to it, in which case Warranty is void anyway and you might as well root