• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Samsung Health Platform Battery Drain

Search This thread

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Was prompted to install this app. Not even clear to me what it does that Samsung Health doesn't do, but one thing I do know - it drains battery like crazy - as much or more than the display, and it was killing my watch in under a day. Uninstalled, and battery life is back to normal.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa

gerardo1000

Dec 9, 2019
Was prompted to install this app. Not even clear to me what it does that Samsung Health doesn't do, but one thing I do know - it drains battery like crazy - as much or more than the display, and it was killing my watch in under a day. Uninstalled, and battery life is back to normal.
Which app is available that replaces the samsung healt app?

brewston

Jun 29, 2010
How did people uninstall health platform ? I only see an option to remove the updates. I'm seeing wicked battery drain on my GW4 too.

brewston

Jun 29, 2010
Yes, definitely health platform.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-190459_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-190459_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 44

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't remove it unless you know exactly what it does.

Try clearing its data and clearing the system cache.
In Device Care (or whatever it's called on your device) clear system logs and turn off all power management.

brewston

Jun 29, 2010
Strange - for me, that was an optional download, and so completely uninstalled. Where did you try uninstalling it from, the app drawer? Maybe try disabling it if you can't uninstall it?
Yeah, I was prompted to install it last week (week before?) I'd been looking in Play Store for uninstall but ended up disabling in Settings > Apps and it doesn't appear these any more. I'll reboot the watch and see how I get on (I've got a Samsung phone FWIW, not sure if that's affecting things)

Reactions: jtOttawa

JamesR913

Dec 23, 2008
I dont really remember installing this app but had extremely bad battery drain the last few days, which brought me to this thread. When I followed the link to the app store I had the option to uninstall updates only yet the app doesn't show up anywhere on the phone.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Strange - for me, that was an optional download, and so completely uninstalled. Where did you try uninstalling it from, the app drawer? Maybe try disabling it if you can't uninstall it?
If it has a "parent" app you may need to uninstall that to uninstall your problem app.
Joined at the hip...
I've seen Samsung daisy chain their apps together like this with Wearables.
They show as 2 separate apps but install/uninstall as one🤣

kbboykin

Aug 17, 2008
Nokesville, VA
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Interesting. Maybe it's a settings issue within the app.
Possibly as I have everything and the kitchen sink syncing. Only after the latest SH update did things get squirrelly as fast as syncing. But I've managed to get it back and a lot of things sync to SH without using their app, I e. Yunmai my smart scale used to sync with the app, but now won't pair with my phone through the app, but sync weight and BMI directly to SH. Go figure...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uninstalled... long ago, no remorse🤣
    Anything with the words "kids", "friends" or "wellness" too.
    Yeah, I was prompted to install it last week (week before?) I'd been looking in Play Store for uninstall but ended up disabling in Settings > Apps and it doesn't appear these any more. I'll reboot the watch and see how I get on (I've got a Samsung phone FWIW, not sure if that's affecting things)
    This was an issue for me a couple of days ago. I backed up and did a reset on the watch and it did better yesterday. I shows that the Health Platform app only used 0.2 % of battery yesterday.