How To Guide Samsung: How to KEEP apps in the BACKGROUND!

Search This thread

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
Hey guys,

in case you are not happy with the default One UI apps background management, you can check this solution. In a nutshell, there is a Memory Guardian module part of Good Guardians, that allows the user to switch from default to the so called "quick switching mode" that somehow reduces the aggressive background app killing, i.e. app refresh.

I have tested this with following apps:
- Spotify
- Mixcloud
- Instagram
- Snapchat
- Tiktok
- Youtube

Some other users tested this with Waze and other apps and it seems that it works.

What is the idea? Well imagine you are browsing through insta and you find a nice post that you d like to check, but then something else pops up and you switch to another app. Then after you are back to your app (in this case insta) One UI would "refresh" the app, meaning that it will reload it, and you will lose your "last state", i.e. imagine refreshing the app or close/opening it.

Download Samsung Good Guardians from the Store ► https://bit.ly/3yGFUms
Download Samsung Good Guardians for a manual install ► https://bit.ly/3yOehYD

It is also supposed to work with some of the heavy games, test it and let me know if you apps refresh is a bit better (i.e. not refreshed so much) or ... no difference at all.

I have tested this on my S22U with 12G of RAM but I guess it should have a better impact for 8 GB and lower RAM configs.

Last edited:

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
Appreciate the find!
I have 8gb version and apps are staying open much better now
Nice to hear that! Can you let us know which apps did you test? Also - how much of VRAM (Virtual RAM) do you use?

I makes a bit of difference on my 12GB version so I assumed that it would be even better/bigger impact on 8GB and less.

Strangely enough this function is not very popular, was almost not able to find much info around. The whole Good Guardians tools are widely underestimated and they pack a few good tricks.

Thermal Guardian for example can let you adjust the thermal threshold of your phone, so it can potentially tolerate a bit more heat where battery life is exchanged for better peak performance and hopefully also sustained.

gav83collins

Hey guys,

in case you are not happy with the default One UI apps background management, you can check this solution. In a nutshell, there is a Memory Guardian module part of Good Guardians, that allows the user to switch from default to the so called "quick switching mode" that somehow reduces the aggressive background app killing, i.e. app refresh.

- Spotify
- Mixcloud
- Instagram
- Snapchat
- Tiktok
- Youtube

Some other users tested this with Waze and other apps and it seems that it works.

What is the idea? Well imagine you are browsing through insta and you find a nice post that you d like to check, but then something else pops up and you switch to another app. Then after you are back to your app (in this case insta) One UI would "refresh" the app, meaning that it will reload it, and you will lose your "last state", i.e. imagine refreshing the app or close/opening it.

It is also supposed to work with some of the heavy games, test it and let me know if you apps refresh is a bit better (i.e. not refreshed so much) or ... no difference at all.

I have tested this on my S22U with 12G of RAM but I guess it should have a better impact for 8 GB and lower RAM configs.
il try this thanks, HTRACK is always closing after 5 or more apps overtake it in the que

Reactions: velqn

gav83collins

Can HTRACK be further tweaked, perhaps from dev options? I remember seeing something for background processes, like a limitation factor setting.
Yeah there is but only upto 4 processes I sometimes have many any more apps open at once, anyway I'm trying it now and here are some screens if you wanna attach to op and il delete from this post once you add them

Screenshot_20220519-073002_Good Guardians.jpgScreenshot_20220519-073156_Memory Guardian.jpgScreenshot_20220519-073203_Memory Guardian.jpgScreenshot_20220519-073225_Memory Guardian.jpg

gav83collins

update, i must say this app so far has seemed to keep my HTTrack running great in the background, it ha certainly made a difference, i did have it set "unrestricted" in the app settings/battery setting before and that didnt help, this app now works even with the app power settings set to "optimised"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

- Spotify
    - Mixcloud
    - Instagram
    - Snapchat
    - Tiktok
    - Youtube

Appreciate the find!
    I have 8gb version and apps are staying open much better now
    Hey guys,

- Spotify
    - Mixcloud
    - Instagram
    - Snapchat
    - Tiktok
    - Youtube

il try this thanks, HTRACK is always closing after 5 or more apps overtake it in the que
    Nice to hear that! Can you let us know which apps did you test? Also - how much of VRAM (Virtual RAM) do you use?
    So...I just sort of excluded all apps for the most part to test. They stay in ram longer but still hit a point where they refresh. Using 8gb vram but haven't seen ram usage above 6gb or so yet
    So...I just sort of excluded all apps for the most part to test. They stay in ram longer but still hit a point where they refresh. Using 8gb vram but haven't seen ram usage above 6gb or so yet
    Yep, it`s not a silver bullet, but still some positive impact.