SAMSUNG i780NEW ROM DXHD1

Search This thread

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
the credit goes mainly to ChaimD and bluegatar...

I am merely a translator :)
thanks to the chinese guys at Hi!PDA forum as well.

Avantis

Nov 10, 2006
Athens
For people that are having problems with DXHC4 Radio, i would recommend they switch back to the XIHA7 radio..

I have had to do this to get back my gps connection with Garmin (Program Port 1, hardware port 9)

Good luck to all!!

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
For people that are having problems with DXHC4 Radio, i would recommend they switch back to the XIHA7 radio..

I have had to do this to get back my gps connection with Garmin (Program Port 1, hardware port 9)

Good luck to all!!

i got some experience in this.
the best method for radio upgrading is that, always do radio upgrade before rom upgrade.

i encounter one of this gps issues before. I update rom to ms rom and then update the radio. then i can detect my gps but i can't receive any signals. thus, i re update the radio again and update the rom after radio. it works then.

i am using dxhc radio now, and gps is working fine.
avantis, you may want to try flashing the dxhc radio first and then flashing the rom.

Avantis

Nov 10, 2006
Athens
Will do..Thanks for the input ruffruff.
i got some experience in this.
the best method for radio upgrading is that, always do radio upgrade before rom upgrade.

i encounter one of this gps issues before. I update rom to ms rom and then update the radio. then i can detect my gps but i can't receive any signals. thus, i re update the radio again and update the rom after radio. it works then.

i am using dxhc radio now, and gps is working fine.
avantis, you may want to try flashing the dxhc radio first and then flashing the rom.

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
msn still doesnt work after i configure the apns for gprs..
i wil try flashing again

update: re-flash
msn work without changing the apns. connect thru activesync
gps working in beeline gps software

Last edited:

zohaer21

Nov 23, 2004

Good luck to all!!

where do i get this from ????? links ???

inertiax3

Apr 14, 2008

Good luck to all!!

DXHC4 - PDA and PHONE, updated using Mirage and the PHONE+PDA+EBOOT img file yesterday...

And today, I updated the PDA part to DXHD1 ..

Set COM8 in the first GPS settings tab and enabled assited GPS

... and Garmin WORKS no problem... will try TomTom now

edit ................ TomTom works flawless too

Last edited:

Avantis

Nov 10, 2006
Athens
The Italian Radio works out of program port 1..the DXHD1 radio works out of program port 8? Strange but useful information nevertheless..

DXHC4 - PDA and PHONE, updated using Mirage and the PHONE+PDA+EBOOT img file yesterday...

J273

Apr 18, 2005

Does tomtom work without the need of GPS gate/spliter with this new ROM?

Thanks

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
Same here with layout. I saved the registry to a file. Then I flashed the new rom. I ve changed the keyboard layout registry but when I reset the registry key contains the old value...:(

I was so simple with the Tytn II to keep the keboard layout. Hopefully someone finds out how to do that with i780 so we can start flashing :) So tired of the swedish bugridden rom but will find the phone pretty useless without the swedish layout